Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you want to flash your BIOS, please use our own Forum USB Flash tool - NOW UPDATED!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to remove "MSI Live Update Online" / MSI Auto Detect completely??  (Read 4609 times)

TheShadowRunner

• Neo

Hello, I want to remove this sof:censored: e "MSI Live Update Online" that was installed from the MSI website  website [ http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=html&name=liveupdate_series ]

It is an Activex control I think. I can't find the way to uninstall it completely from the computer.
in "C:\Program Files\MSI\MSIWDev", I cannot find uninstaller.

Also, in IE7 Security "trusted sites" tab setting, i have "http://www.msi.com.tw" and i CANNOT remove it from the list. (it always comes back).

I would like to uninstall everything that was installed from "MSI Live Update Online" properly. Please teach me.

Thank you very much.

TSR

Aaron

• HydroGen
  • BOOST!

You'll have to uninstall the ActiveX control through IE.

However, you could always use Firefox.
Refrain from having to solve most of your problems by not creating them in the first place.

DDR3 Memory Standards: Blurry Lines
Integrated Memory Controllers (IMC)
Intel EIST and Processor C-states
Overclock Database 2.0

fazerking

• Neo

Here are just a simple steps I took for removing "MSI Live Update Online" (I am using IE8)

- If you are using ie8, go to "Tools" > "Manage add-ons". Under "Show" tab, Please choose "All add-ons" which will show all activeX add-ons on the right side of windows. There is an add-on which company called "Micro-star Int'l Co. Ltd" << This is the one you need to remove it. Highlight and double clicking it and there is a "remove" button at the left corner. Now, click the "remove" button and this activeX is disable. Notes: This stupid activeX still exists in your system for now.

- Close the ie8. Go the C:\program files\MSI ..... What I suggest is to delete this folder "MSI" totally. (That's what I did). Reboot the machine.

- After rebooting the machine, use some registry fixing program like "Error repair professional" to fix the registry. The program will find some broken links of activeX(MSI Live update). They will fix it for you.

- Here you go, the problem should be gone. You could check out the list under "Manage add-ons". The item should be gone already.

Last words, Never ever try to install this *GREAT* product - MSI live update. It will mess up your life. Maybe it works great with someone, but not the majority.

Ex Forum Mod

• Hawk

Yup, as a reminder to others that may read this thread. Don't install 'Live Update' to begin with. :nono:

rprough

• Trinergy
  • Dynasty

oops! No problems, but nonetheless, ooops! Im using firefox. How would I go about getting rid of this beastie. I also dont see an entry in the remove programs list.
« Last Edit: 27-March-10, 00:42:02 by rprough »
MSI P4N Diamond
3.73 P4 Extreme 1066 Bus
4 gigs ddr2 Crucial memory
500 gig Western Digital sata
500 gig Western Digital sata
Soundblaster X-Fi Elite Pro
ATI Radeon X1800XT 256
Lite On SOHW 1673S Dual Layer DVD Burner
Logitech MX1000 Mouse
Windows Vista All current updates
Gigabit Ethernet
Antec Earth Watts EA750 PS
Antec SLK2650BQE Case
Thermalright XP90 Heatsink (awesome)
92mm Thermaltake Silent cat CPU fan (awesome too)
Thermaltake Silent Cat 120mm rear case fan
(cant beat these silent cats)
Pages: [1]   Go Up