Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members, please remember to read the Forum Rules and the Posting Guide before posting for the first time!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drivers & Utilities CD  (Read 4497 times)

kidstuff

• Neo
Drivers & Utilities CD
« on: 09-December-07, 23:47:20 »

I recently installed the K9VGM with an AMD Atholon 64x2 processor and 2GB memory. I cannot get the CD-Rom to run the drivers & utilities CD. I followed the directions of changing the BIOS 1st boot to CD-ROM. Once I exit out with saved changes it starts running but the CD-ROM drive flashes a couple of times. It never does run. Am I doing someting wrong or missing something?

This is the first time I installed a motherboard and the instruction are very vague and there is virtually no troubleshooting available.

Ex Forum Mod

• Hawk
Re: Drivers & Utilities CD
« Reply #1 on: 10-December-07, 00:41:04 »

Did you install OS before trying to install drivers and utilities?

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
« Reply #2 on: 10-December-07, 01:14:42 »

That cd is not bootable, already installed OS is required. Then to install drivers from that CD.

kidstuff

• Neo
« Reply #3 on: 13-December-07, 01:45:32 »

This is a rebuild computer. I am using the same hard drive as before. I actually used it as my slave drive for a couple of weeks on my new computer. Is there some sort of connection I need to make between the OS and new motherboard?

This is my first time doing this. Trying to learn the ropes.

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
« Reply #4 on: 13-December-07, 03:46:54 »

"Is there some sort of connection I need to make between the OS and new motherboard?"

Yes, its recommended to do a new fresh OS installation or windows repair. (sometimes its not necessary depend of the case)

Fredrik

• Hawk
  • There's always a risk.
« Reply #5 on: 13-December-07, 23:26:12 »

Yes, first OS then motherboard drivers, both in a clean environment - clean as possible. If you run Windows that often means SafeMode (press key F8 during BIOS first screen). If it is not Windows, motherboard drivers might not run, all of them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up