Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members, please remember to read the Forum Rules and the Posting Guide before posting for the first time!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I Need 802.11 b/g wlan Driver (Please Help Me)  (Read 29454 times)

sherong

• Neo
I Need 802.11 b/g wlan Driver (Please Help Me)
« on: 30-March-08, 23:32:26 »

Hi I have ms-1314(vs321) Model msi notebook and i ma using windows xp professional(service pack 2). Everything ok but wlan card driver not working... my wlan card is 802.11 b/g...Please i Need this wlan card If anybody have this wlan card driver then please send me. I have already downloaded driver from www.msi.com.tw but still not working this driver. if u have any idea then share me.

Stu

• Hawk
  • Birmingham, UK
    • StuOnline.co.uk
Re: I Need 802.11 b/g wlan Driver (Please Help Me)
« Reply #1 on: 31-March-08, 00:55:28 »

Did you download the right drivers from this page:
http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=driver&maincat_no=135&prod_no=1347

Did you buy this notebook pre-assembled with the OS already installed on it? If so, take it back to your dealer and ask them why the wireless LAN isn't installed, and they can check the card is inserted correctly.

If you installed the OS yourself, is there any unknown device listed in Device Manager?
Former moderator and admin, 2004-2012

sherong

• Neo
« Reply #2 on: 31-March-08, 15:34:38 »

thank for support .. when brought this loptop ....installed windows xp home edition ...but i need iss web server then i have install windows xp professional. Before wlan correctly worked in home edition. there two uninstalled driver in device manager ..
 1. 802.11 bg wlan
 2. unknown device

These are problem in device manager.
  Please Help what can Do? But I need Iss Server ..

longo213

• Platinum
« Reply #3 on: 31-March-08, 18:27:12 »

Hi...

This utility mentioned in my older post might help you to identify the related unknown hardware.

EDIT: I took and updated the latest beta of UnknowDevices with newest hardware reference files (for PCI ID and USB), just to make it easier for you. You can download it on RapidShare. Download the archive, unzip the archive named UnknownDevices.zip somewhere (not the DeviceLists.zip) and run the executable.

Note: I was just checking support site for MegaBook VR321. As mentioned here, it should be equipped with AzureWave's AW-GE780 WLAN module, which (as most or all their products) uses WLAN chipset from Atheros.
There is no official source for Atheros's drivers, but after you identify the right WLAN chipset with UnknownDevices, go to website called Atheros.cz and you'll find newest drivers without a problem.
« Last Edit: 31-March-08, 19:06:53 by longo213 »

sherong

• Neo
« Reply #4 on: 31-March-08, 23:44:37 »

thank u so much.... I will try..But i don't understand what is the actually problem???

I will send u picture of problem.Thanks Sherong
« Last Edit: 31-March-08, 23:46:25 by sherong »
Pages: [1]   Go Up