Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you want to flash your BIOS, please use our own Forum USB Flash tool - NOW UPDATED!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: US70SE corrupting my downloaded files..  (Read 5547 times)

mcculloch

• Neo
US70SE corrupting my downloaded files..
« on: 08-June-08, 18:48:41 »

Hi All,
just wondering if anyone has had a problem like this before.

I have just purchased a US70SE 801.11n wireless USB adaptor for my home computer.  I have used the software from the box that it came in and had many problems trying to activate the network.  HOwever after finding the software for US60SE , this works perfectly and connects fine.  I am using Vista 32bit and my router (which works fine through wireless for my laptop)

Basically I have found that any files that I download with the wireless adaptor US70SE , it corrupts and Vista cannot use it.. It gives me an error saying that it isnt a Win32 application , or the 'program'.exe stopped working... When i disable wireless and connect the PC directly to the router with a cable , it works fine with the same file and I can use the exe file..

There seems to be some setting on the US70SE that is corrupting everything , maybe even encrypting..??

Hope someone can help as I need to use this computer for work...

Ben

Ex Forum User 3

• Hawk
Re: US70SE corrupting my downloaded files..
« Reply #1 on: 09-June-08, 12:21:51 »

I can't find any info on the MSI website.
Where does it come from?

Jack

• Ex Forum moderator
  • Power Edition
    • A user initiative by MSI fanatics to support all other MSI product users
« Reply #2 on: 09-June-08, 12:41:46 »

Look like the US70SE is not sold in all parts of the world.  It appears on the German MSI-Website:

http://msi-technology.de/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=10005&maincat_no=131&cat2_no=&cat3_no=

Ex Forum User 3

• Hawk
« Reply #3 on: 09-June-08, 15:10:47 »

Sorry, no idea, can't even find anything at MSI Europe.
Look at the drivers on the disc, normaly the .inf file would tell you a lot more what chip is used.

mcculloch

• Neo
« Reply #4 on: 09-June-08, 16:15:29 »

Sorry, no idea, can't even find anything at MSI Europe.
Look at the drivers on the disc, normaly the .inf file would tell you a lot more what chip is used.

Hi Guys ,
Thanks for your help, seems like I got a little eager to get some new technology. I will try ringing them instead.  The internet works fine through it .. i have found that it has alot of CRC errors on the receiving packets counter.. 

Weird.  I might take it back and just go for a plain USB 801.11g adaptor..  n adaptors might be alittle new for now.

thanks again,

Ben
Pages: [1]   Go Up