Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This is a User-to-User community forum run by MSI users for MSI users. If you need to contact MSI directly see: How to contact MSI

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI Server Management Suite (MMS)  (Read 5214 times)

jbuzzard

• Neo
MSI Server Management Suite (MMS)
« on: 16-July-08, 16:35:31 »

I have taken over a cluster of some 50 K1-1000S servers. They are a number of years ago now (like more than three), and I am in the process of doing an upgrade of the software on the cluster. While upgrading the firmware I noticed that there is a product called the MSI Server Management Suite which includes some MSI iConsole AP software.

Further research suggests that I should be able to use this to get a serial console on the boxes, which would be ideal as they run Linux and would be a lot more scalable than the current KVM solution, which involves a trip to the data centre to plug the KVM into the correct server :-(

However I have been unable to track down any of the original documentation. They where purchased before my time, people have since left, and the machines have been relocated to a different building (a new data centre) since they where purchased.  So who knows what happened to any CD they might have come with :-(

I raised a ticket with the online customer service thing, and they just responded that "the iConsole CD should be bonded to the servers", which gives mental images of CD's stuck to the case with epoxy resin, and is not very helpful.

Does anyone know where one can download this software, or has a copy they would be willing to send me?

Ex Forum User 3

• Hawk
Re: MSI Server Management Suite (MMS)
« Reply #1 on: 16-July-08, 17:24:38 »

I'm asking MSI EU for you right now.
I have such a CDrom but could be an old version.

I'll be back!

Ex Forum User 3

• Hawk
Re: MSI Server Management Suite (MMS)
« Reply #2 on: 16-July-08, 17:36:47 »

MSI did upload the program to our server for you:

http://forum-en.msi.com/moderator/Bas/iconsole201.rar

But there where some problems with some servers and the tool.
Don't shoot me if it's not that good.
Pages: [1]   Go Up