Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members, please remember to read the Forum Rules and the Posting Guide before posting for the first time!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI PR200 on XP - How to get the Bison Webcam to work with Windows Live?  (Read 6333 times)

leemike

• Neo

Hi,

I downgraded the Vista which came with the PR200 to XP SP2 and found the webcam not to be working with WLM. Within the video option, I am able to see the other party's video but the other party is not able to see mine. The P2 button works with a pop up camera icon. But XP is not able to detect the Bison webcam. I have also downloaded the driver zip file from MSI website and installed it. The installation seems to run fine but there is the "yellow comma" next to "usb video device" within Device Mgr under control settings after the installation.

Any thoughts/help/suggestions on how I could fix the problem would be appreciated.

Thks in advance

Ex Forum User 3

• Hawk

Delete the USB device from the device manager and reboot.

leemike

• Neo

Delete the USB device from the device manager and reboot.

I'm not trying to 2nd guess but before doing this drastic step..
is this "USB video device" the Bison webcam which XP could not pick up because the driver somehow could not be installed?

What will XP do after the USB device is deleted from device manager?

Ex Forum User 3

• Hawk

If the driver is good, XP will install it at reboot, else it will return to the same state.

leemike

• Neo

If the driver is good, XP will install it at reboot, else it will return to the same state.

Thanks, buddy. The Bison webcam works now after uninstalling the "usb video device" from device mgr and rebooting.

Cheers

Mike

Ex Forum User 3

• Hawk

Very good :hat tip:

leemike

• Neo

Very good :hat tip:

One other thing - inside WLM, whenever I chose to expand the video pop up window to full screen,it crashes the video option. Is this something to do with the Bison driver or there is a bug inside WLM?..

The normal video pop up window within WLM runs okay though..

Ex Forum User 3

• Hawk

Sorry no idea, never used WLM. Try Skype and see if it works there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up