Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Why not utilise your system's redundant processing power for a worthy cause, and join the MSI HQ Red Rockets Folding@Home team?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)  (Read 3748 times)

cas

• Afterburner

Got the above error when i insert a firewire card with via chipset. I have update the firewire driver by picking a list of device driver from my computer and though it prompt me to restart but yet it still shows the yellow exclamation mark and next i update it through online, same thing it prompt me to restart which i did but sad to say it shows the yellow exclamation again

When i check under properties>general tab, it says the following
This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

You need to restart your computer before the changes you made to this device will take effect.

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

As far as i know the irq in bios setup is all set as auto and the total there's 4 pci slot and only 1 that is using, so how can it be resources being used up??  :think:

Fyi i'm using Msi P35 neo3 mobo with vista ultimate sp1

cas

• Afterburner

Ignore the above, is already resolved  :cheesy:

Mike

• aka Frankenputer
  • Power Edition
  • Virginia, USA

What did you do to resolve the issue? This information may be useful to another user. Don't be embarrassed if it's something simple or silly. We've all made silly or simple errors in computing.
#1:
MSI X38 Diamond/Bios 1.5; Core2Duo E8400 3.0Ghz; Thermalright Ultima-90HS/120 fan; 2X1GB DDR3 CorsairTWIN3X2048-1333C9DHXG; PIONEER|DVR-215DBK SATA DVD-DL & Lite-on DVD-ROM PATA; FDD; MSI 260GTX-T2D896; 196.34beta; Seagate 320GB  & WD 500GB SATA HDDs; PC P&C Silencer 750 +3.3V/24A~+5V/30A~+12V/60A; X-FI Xtreme PCIe; Antec P182 Case; XP PRO SP3

#2:
MSI 865PE Neo2-PFS Platinum/Bios 3.A; P4 2.8C HT; Thermalright XP-90HS; 2GB DDR400 RAM(2x1GB kit Mushkin HP3200 2-3-2-6); Nec ND-3550A DVD-DL & TDK 52X24X48 CD-RW; FDD; Nvidia GeForce 7800GS; 84.21; Maxtor 200GB & Seagate 200GB PATA HDDs; Enermax 465P VE-FMA +3.3V/35A~+5V/35A~+12V/33A; Audigy 2ZS; XP PRO SP3
Dell 2209WA LCD on a DVI KVM switch

MSI Wind U100

cas

• Afterburner

Under device manager> VIA OCHI Compliant IEEE 1394 host controller> right click it and choose update driver follow by choosing the option of search automatically for updated software (window would search your computer and the internet for the lastest driver software for your device)

Once done i reboot and next bingo.... the yellow exclamation was no longer there, infact it was quite wierd when i try updating online, as the very first time it doesn't work but wouldn't know why the second time it does   ;-))
« Last Edit: 21-October-08, 18:32:45 by cas »
Pages: [1]   Go Up