Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members, please remember to read the Forum Rules and the Posting Guide before posting for the first time!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WLAN Drivers for Windows 7 for MSI Wind U100 and Function Keys Don't Work  (Read 23289 times)

iMaverick

• Neo

I decided to do a clean install of Win 7 on my MSI Wind U100-420US that was running XP.  The OS install was a success, but now I no longer able to connect wirelessly to the internet and my home computer network.  I just noticed that my function keys do not work anymore either.

Can someone point me to a thread to help me get these functionalities working again, otherwise, tell me what I need to do?

Stu

• Hawk
  • Birmingham, UK
    • StuOnline.co.uk

You can try installing the SCM utility to get your function keys working.

Bear in mind that the Wind is designed for use with Windows XP, and Windows Vista / 7 may not work very well on it.
Former moderator and admin, 2004-2012

Stu

• Hawk
  • Birmingham, UK
    • StuOnline.co.uk

Just for giggles, I installed Windows 7 on my Wind last night. My function keys work as normal, even the Turbo overclock, without having to install the SCM utility. To get the wireless working (RTL8187SE) I connected to router using ethernet cable, and Windows Update installed the driver for it.

Ex Forum User 3

• Hawk

Turbo works regardless of SCM....try ECO mode...that's the one that won't work without SCM :lol_anim:

Stu

• Hawk
  • Birmingham, UK
    • StuOnline.co.uk

Yes, you're right, it doesn't go to ECO mode. But as you've said elsewhere, one can always choose the 'Power-saver' profile in Vista / Windows 7 for same effect. ;-))

Stu

• Hawk
  • Birmingham, UK
    • StuOnline.co.uk

Just as a follow up, it installs with no problems, and seems to work well - probably a lot better than Vista - but I reinstalled XP after a couple of days of testing, as I found that it was a bit too sluggish at times for me.

JLR

• Winki

Vista works just fine too. Same install as Win7. Get on the network, and run windows update to grab all the drivers that were not on the OS install disk.
Vista with the aero interface is just as peppy as XP on my Wind (2GB of ram)
Pages: [1]   Go Up