Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members, please remember to read the Forum Rules and the Posting Guide before posting for the first time!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P45 Platinum 1.6 Bios Update Hangs  (Read 3342 times)

dac2u

• Neo
P45 Platinum 1.6 Bios Update Hangs
« on: 03-March-09, 11:02:18 »

Hi there,

I'm trying to update my P45 Platinum to version 1.6 with my USB boot drive. After I type in afud4281.exe a7512ims.160 and hit enter the command hangs. I hit Enter, it drops down to a blank line and sits there. I let it go for 10 minutes or so while I watched tv, came back and it was still at the same spot. CTRL + C does nothing, Caps lock doesn't work, but strangely num lock does. I end up having to reboot and I get into my OS just fine. I tried typing in afud4281.exe and hitting enter, but it does the same thing. I downloaded a new copy of the afud4281.exe file and a copy of the afud4234.exe from an older update and when I type in just the filenames and hit enter, they do the same thing as above. I've also tried it from a bootable DVD and the same issue occurs.

Using an E8400 @ 3.0GHz while trying to update BIOS
4GB 1066 GSkill DDR2 RAM

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm having trouble finding anyone with the same issue and I've been looking through this forum and Google for a good couple of hours.

Thanks

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
Re: P45 Platinum 1.6 Bios Update Hangs
« Reply #1 on: 03-March-09, 13:06:49 »

Leave just one memory stick in 1st DIMM close to CPU socket.
Also do >>Clear CMOS Guide<< {Remove power cord from the PSU 1st before proceed}
Then do memory check with memtest
If its error{s} free proceed with BIOS update,
>>Use the MSI HQ Forum USB flasher<<

dac2u

• Neo
« Reply #2 on: 03-March-09, 20:44:43 »

Thanks for your help. I ran memtest overnight when I first got the ram and all was fine. So, I skipped ahead and took out a stick like you suggested after clearing cmos and it worked great. Think there may be an issue with my ram or is the board just really finicky?

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
« Reply #3 on: 04-March-09, 11:50:50 »

Thanks for your help. I ran memtest overnight when I first got the ram and all was fine. So, I skipped ahead and took out a stick like you suggested after clearing cmos and it worked great. Think there may be an issue with my ram or is the board just really finicky?

well done :)

Think there may be an issue with my ram or is the board just really finicky?

You may have messed up settings.{You Clear CMOS as suggested along with take out the second stick}
Or your second memory stick could be bad

ramdown

• Neo
« Reply #4 on: 09-July-12, 13:33:29 »

try amiflash.exe insted of afuddos:)

Ex Forum Mod

• Hawk
« Reply #5 on: 09-July-12, 23:01:46 »

ramdown, please don't reply & resurrect old dead topics, this one has been dead for over 3 years.

:locked:
Pages: [1]   Go Up