Tested each ram stick in DIMM #1 (which is 2nd slot from the cpu cooler). Both pass. Left 2 sticks in DIMMs #1 and #3 overnight for 12 hours. Now it fails under prolonged use in Memtest86+.
Ok guys I went for all the marbles here:
- Ram set at rated OCZ Gold low voltage 1600 speed 8-8-8-24 @ 1.651V 2T
- CPU voltage from 1.124V to 1.3
- PCH 1.8V (CPU PLL) --> increased to 2.0V
- PCH 1.05V --> Increased to 1.20V
- CPU spread spectrum Disabled
- there is no option at all for QPI or Uncore Voltage on this board (maybe CD65 or CD80 have it). There is also no option for Load Line Calibration.
All PSU voltages are steady but Prime95 fails core by core within minutes until the whole system just completely crashes. CPU temperatures reach 86*C on the dinky heatsink from idle of 37-39*C. I tried resetting the heatsink fan. No changes whatsoever.
I really wanted to give the new MSI boards a try with DrMos fast switching. Unfortunately, at this point I am going to return the board and the ram and restart my build. I am not going to fault MSI's new boards since I probably got a dud. However, not having Uncore voltage and QPI voltage and Loal Line Calibration to manage the massive 0.05 Vdroop I experienced at load certainly tarnished my view of this particular CD53 board. Perhaps CD65 and CD80 will do better in all of these areas.
Thanks for all the help.