Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Why not utilise your system's redundant processing power for a worthy cause, and join the MSI HQ Red Rockets Folding@Home team?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Driver/Codec For The MSI MS-7046!  (Read 13913 times)

Godbrother

• Winki
Audio Driver/Codec For The MSI MS-7046!
« on: 16-September-09, 03:25:22 »

Hi,

I've been going insane all over the place looking for the drivers for the MS-7046 Motherboard to no avail. Well, I found hundreds, just nothing that actually worked. I built a budget PC for my little brother from my old PC's, everything is up and running, just no sound! He can't play Call of Duty without it, as it doesn't allow him.

Anyway, my current insanity rate is clocked @ 90% as soon I'll be submitting my application to the local mental institution to save me from committing suicide. For some reason I went to all the forums except MSI. (I never knew it existed till I googled it.)

So for the love of my insanity, please help me MSI guru's!

Thank you!

Godbrother

• Winki
Re: Audio Driver/Codec For The MSI MS-7046!
« Reply #1 on: 16-September-09, 03:30:21 »

From what CPUID says, its a 915P/915g Motherboard, and that's all. I went on intel/google and nothing! I even supposingly found the codec/driver needed from a 3rd party forum, yet that also didn't work.

CMI9880Ch_PI001 - C-Media Azalia Audio Drivers v5.12.01.0008.50

^^ No good.

Searching the MSI forum was no good either, no one was really sucsessful for the audio thing. Is it the same case for me too?
« Last Edit: 16-September-09, 03:52:41 by Godbrother »

chef jeff

• Platinum
« Reply #2 on: 16-September-09, 03:57:20 »

It appears as though that is an OEM board.  Do you happen to know who the OEM was?    If you do you should check with them.  There are some references to Phillips and a few others using this board in there htpcs.  I did see this link for Realtek drivers for this board.  Hope it helps. http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3
K8N Diamond Plus MS7220 AMI 1.34
Silverstone LC10M
AMD Opteron 185 @ 2991 1.42v
2X 1 GB Mushkin Enhanced Redline 991493 3-3-2-8CR1 2.8v
2X EVGA 896-P3-1265-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 one superclocked edition 1267-AR in SLI
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W & 70a on 12V
2x WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 1 & 2
ASUS DRW-22B1LT SATA 3
AVerMedia AVerTV Combo PCIe M780WB
APC Smart UPS 700
Vista Ultimate service pack 2, XP Pro 64, & karmic koala
The lot under water

K9ND Speedster MS-9652 Ver. 1.1  Bios 2.20
2 x Opteron 2.8GHz OSY2220GAA6CQ  Water
4 x 2 GB Hynix HYMP525P72CP4-Y5
Corsair TX750
PNY Verto 9600GT and a very old, small Tatung touch screen
XP Pro x 64

Ex Forum Mod

• Hawk
« Reply #3 on: 16-September-09, 04:02:14 »

Is this a MSI retail MB which is not likely or an OEM (which I suspect it is) made for Medion, Advent or some such other company?

Read this regarding MSI OEM products: http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=110544.0

This forum and MSI do not offer/provide support for OEM boards/products.

Topic locked.

Godbrother

• Winki
« Reply #4 on: 16-September-09, 04:14:05 »

Aww, If only I could remember, I had a bunch of OEM boards that I stripped out years ago, but I don't think this is one of them as there is no OEM brand on it. (useally it will state the brand i.e Dell.)

I saved this one aside as I thought it may come in handy, I never save OEM boards as there useless, so I don't think this was out of an OEM machine.

Edit: Most brand PC's or almost all of them I've stripped out come with BTX boards, thats why I'm so sure that it couldn't be from a OEM PC. But then again, I may be wrong.
« Last Edit: 16-September-09, 04:20:17 by Godbrother »

Godbrother

• Winki
« Reply #5 on: 16-September-09, 04:18:48 »

It appears as though that is an OEM board.  Do you happen to know who the OEM was?    If you do you should check with them.  There are some references to Phillips and a few others using this board in there htpcs.  I did see this link for Realtek drivers for this board.  Hope it helps. http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3

Thanks for the link, I think I've tried this one, but I'll give it another try. If memory serves right, I remember somthing along the lines of C-Media being said on other forums regarding this board, and not realtek. Are they both the same? I did try realtek's codec before as a test and it never worked.

My main question is, is there some sort of a "Universal" AC97 codec that any motherboard with AC97 can install on? There must be. I checked for that also but nothing. :wall:

Ex Forum Mod

• Hawk
« Reply #6 on: 16-September-09, 04:37:45 »

Before I lock this topic locate the BIOS chip and post the number on it. There should be a sticker on it with a number like this example:  A7360IMS 100

As far as I know MSI OEM MB's do not have any other name on it as you suggest, only MSI and model name/number.

BIOS number here also:
 Look at the number when booting.

Godbrother

• Winki
« Reply #7 on: 16-September-09, 04:42:36 »

Before I lock this topic locate the BIOS chip and post the number on it. There should be a sticker on it with a number like this example:  A7360IMS 100

(Why the locking of the topic? Did I post it in the wrong place, if so sorry.)

I'll look if I can see anything. If I'm not mistaken its a very small tiny thing right?

Edit: To many chips with to many worn out numbers (or my eyes are just to blurry I guess) can you specify where I should be looking for it? They all look the same.
« Last Edit: 16-September-09, 04:44:43 by Godbrother »

Godbrother

• Winki
« Reply #8 on: 16-September-09, 04:52:18 »

@Henry,

I know this is going to sound weird but this motherboard does not post screen, on start it shows a Pentium 4 logo in the middle of the screen for around 5 seconds then goes striaight to the second post screen where it checks the HDD's normally, then to Windows.

Can I check this via the Bios menu itself?

Godbrother

• Winki
« Reply #9 on: 16-September-09, 04:55:15 »

Jeff thanks again, but I just tried that and nothing unfortunatly.

Ex Forum Mod

• Hawk
« Reply #10 on: 16-September-09, 05:05:24 »

If it's OEM the topic gets locked period, no ifs, ands or buts about it. It's forum policy.

Best I can do for you is provide a link to a PDF manual for MS-7046.

http://laptok.nazwa.pl/allegro/ms7046/SPEC.pdf
Pages: [1]   Go Up