Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you want to flash your BIOS, please use our own Forum USB Flash tool - NOW UPDATED!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI a5000 laptop questions  (Read 11379 times)

knexkid

• Winki
MSI a5000 laptop questions
« on: 28-October-09, 03:44:42 »

Hi Guys,
I just bought an MSI a5000 laptop from Tigerdirect: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=5254391&sku=M455-15600&SRCCODE=WEM2061MH&cm_mmc=Email-_-Main-_-WEM2061-_-email
I have a few questions:

My question is this laptop seems to exist nowhere on the internet except tigerdirect/compusa.  It doesn't seem to exist on the msi website anywhere. I just want to know where to go in the future to download drivers and stuff.

My next question is this stupid thing didn't come with a windows disk (I guess almost no laptops do these days).  I made a recovery disk, but I'm wondering can I make just a good old windows disk without all the extra crap, trialware, etc on it? I reformat my computers frequently to keep them running smoothly but I can't do that right now. I can only recover it, which actually just puts all the crap back on it. Any help would be great.

Finally, is there any difference between the power modes of the System Control Manager program other than screen brightness?  That;s the only thing it seems to control.

Now finally, does this thing have bluetooth?  It comes with all this software for bluetooth, but when I tell it to do something, it says to plug in/turn on the bluetooth device.  There is a light on the front for it, but it never lights, and if I can somehow turn it on, I have no idea how to. I am beginning to expect that this model simply doesn't have one.

Thanks guys

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
Re: MSI a5000 laptop questions
« Reply #1 on: 28-October-09, 03:57:16 »

knexkid

• Winki
« Reply #2 on: 28-October-09, 04:19:15 »

Hopefully this is what you are looking for:
Mainboard  MS-1683
PCB Version 1.000
Bios version a1683nmr v5.04
bios date 9/11/2009
ec version 1683ems2 ver 4.00, 7/15/2009

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
« Reply #3 on: 28-October-09, 04:33:52 »

You have an OEM MSI notebook
Based on{clone of} CR500 ==> http://eu.msi.com/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=driver&maincat_no=135&prod_no=1882
You can use drivers from the link above. Beware DO NOT USE ANY BIOS from MSI web, they are not for your notebook!

knexkid

• Winki
« Reply #4 on: 28-October-09, 04:40:53 »

Thanks that helps a lot. But the website says this thing has bluetooth, but I still can't figure out how to enable it or turn it on. Any know how?

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
« Reply #5 on: 28-October-09, 04:52:14 »

Bluetooth is optional, your notebook may not have it.
You can try to turn it ON, by this way: [If Bluetooth can't be turned on, then you don't have it]

koolit

• Neo
« Reply #6 on: 29-October-09, 21:21:01 »

Hi Guys,
I just bought an MSI a5000 laptop from Tigerdirect: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=5254391&sku=M455-15600&SRCCODE=WEM2061MH&cm_mmc=Email-_-Main-_-WEM2061-_-email
I have a few questions:

Now finally, does this thing have bluetooth?  It comes with all this software for bluetooth, but when I tell it to do something, it says to plug in/turn on the bluetooth device.  There is a light on the front for it, but it never lights, and if I can somehow turn it on, I have no idea how to. I am beginning to expect that this model simply doesn't have one.

Thanks guys
I just received my A5000 a couple of days ago. Mine was ordered on line through CircuitCity.
To answer your ?, MSI Promo for A5000 does not come with Bluetooth but the software installation package comes with it. If you will read the label on the side of the box it says "No Bluetooth".
I disabled the bluetooth error msg in "msconfig". Actually, I disabled all items in the Startup, that includes the Eco.

Unfortunately for us, the A5000-026US did not come with restore cd but the system is bundled with utility that will enable you to create one.
You can dld everything what you need for this model here "
http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=prodtmpspec&maincat_no=135&cat2_no=680&cat3_no=&prod_no=1882

Good Luck

Was searching for an upgrade CPU that is compatible with this model... anyone?
« Last Edit: 29-October-09, 21:24:44 by koolit »
Pages: [1]   Go Up