Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Why not utilise your system's redundant processing power for a worthy cause, and join the MSI HQ Red Rockets Folding@Home team?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI A6000-030US Wireless Capability Disabled  (Read 7338 times)

bobnycrr

• Neo
MSI A6000-030US Wireless Capability Disabled
« on: 10-December-09, 01:33:33 »

I just picked up this product from Fry's last weekend.  I installed a new Belkin N Wireless Router for my ISP connection.  I now have two wireless routers in the house but no signal is displayed so no connection.  I have verified that the device is enabled, both wireless routes have the correct information.  Test shows that the devise is disabled, I see button to press to start WiFi that sets the green LCD is on but the device does not link up to my router.  Help!

WeAreNotAlone

• Afterburner
Re: MSI A6000-030US Wireless Capability Disabled
« Reply #1 on: 10-December-09, 01:50:46 »

I just picked up this product from Fry's last weekend.  I installed a new Belkin N Wireless Router for my ISP connection.  I now have two wireless routers in the house but no signal is displayed so no connection.  I have verified that the device is enabled, both wireless routes have the correct information.  Test shows that the devise is disabled, I see button to press to start WiFi that sets the green LCD is on but the device does not link up to my router.  Help!

To keep from spending alot of time... I'd visit a couple of wireless spots and see if the unit can connect.

A5000-025US

Mike

• aka Frankenputer
  • Power Edition
  • Virginia, USA
« Reply #2 on: 10-December-09, 01:55:00 »

What security are you using in the Routers?
#1:
MSI X38 Diamond/Bios 1.5; Core2Duo E8400 3.0Ghz; Thermalright Ultima-90HS/120 fan; 2X1GB DDR3 CorsairTWIN3X2048-1333C9DHXG; PIONEER|DVR-215DBK SATA DVD-DL & Lite-on DVD-ROM PATA; FDD; MSI 260GTX-T2D896; 196.34beta; Seagate 320GB  & WD 500GB SATA HDDs; PC P&C Silencer 750 +3.3V/24A~+5V/30A~+12V/60A; X-FI Xtreme PCIe; Antec P182 Case; XP PRO SP3

#2:
MSI 865PE Neo2-PFS Platinum/Bios 3.A; P4 2.8C HT; Thermalright XP-90HS; 2GB DDR400 RAM(2x1GB kit Mushkin HP3200 2-3-2-6); Nec ND-3550A DVD-DL & TDK 52X24X48 CD-RW; FDD; Nvidia GeForce 7800GS; 84.21; Maxtor 200GB & Seagate 200GB PATA HDDs; Enermax 465P VE-FMA +3.3V/35A~+5V/35A~+12V/33A; Audigy 2ZS; XP PRO SP3
Dell 2209WA LCD on a DVI KVM switch

MSI Wind U100

bobnycrr

• Neo
« Reply #3 on: 10-December-09, 02:43:09 »

I have a number of other wireless routers in the neighborhood that I can see from my other laptop in the house.  I can see both of my wireless from my Sony Vio plus the others, the Sony has Vista on it.  I also have Toshiba wireless that has XP and it works good.
Just seems that the MSI is seeing any signals from any routers.

WeAreNotAlone

• Afterburner
« Reply #4 on: 10-December-09, 03:10:45 »

I have a number of other wireless routers in the neighborhood that I can see from my other laptop in the house.  I can see both of my wireless from my Sony Vio plus the others, the Sony has Vista on it.  I also have Toshiba wireless that has XP and it works good.
Just seems that the MSI is seeing any signals from any routers.

Re: I just picked up this product from Fry's last weekend.  Just seems that the MSI isn't seeing any signals from any routers.

1: I think pushing (2 times?) the wireless button toggles unit between Bluetooth, and wireless network.
2: NEW doesn't mean "Good". Keep that in mind. Post on a bad? network card: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=24802844&postcount=576
On your unit not seeing any networks...  uninstall/reinstall the drivers.
(I would try a unsecured hotspot just for the heck of it to get around issues such as a hidden SSID, security settings. Thing that shoots a hole in that is you say your other units see other networks.)
3: Contact MSI and make them work for their money, be sure to post back what transpires.

« Last Edit: 10-December-09, 03:17:13 by WeAreNotAlone »
A5000-025US

bobnycrr

• Neo
« Reply #5 on: 10-December-09, 05:55:27 »

great news,   did some checking and did some updating on a number of items including the wireless device, now everything is working.  Thank you for all you assistance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up