Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This is a User-to-User community forum run by MSI users for MSI users. If you need to contact MSI directly see: How to contact MSI

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Built-in mic doesnt work on my MSI Wind U130  (Read 4178 times)

John Sabre

• Neo
Built-in mic doesnt work on my MSI Wind U130
« on: 23-July-10, 18:50:45 »

I bought MSI U130 with windows 7, and on my notebook lid, there's a tiny text read as "mic" yet when i tried to record a sound, nothing comes out when i play the file again. Have tried to go to sounds in control panel, configured microphone properties, mic boost.. etc. etc. but still no sound. have also gone to devices and saw that my driver is latest (have used drivermax to check. if u guys have an idea, please help, coz im out of them. hope this mic is not here for decoration.

u130xp

• Neo
Re: Built-in mic doesnt work on my MSI Wind U130
« Reply #1 on: 02-October-10, 08:32:23 »

Same problem here. When I knock on the lid while using the web cam I can hear the knocks but when I speak into it, nothing. So, the fault must be related to the sensitivity of the mic but i can't find a record volume control. Anyone any ideas?

Strang that no-one has replied yet. Either people don't know the answer or perhaps never use their mic, so they don't know. (It took me 4 months to find out that I supposedly have a built-in mic).

fingerman

• Winki
« Reply #2 on: 02-October-10, 12:05:44 »

My U100+ Mic works great (located top right of lid) - I use it all the time with Skype

I think the Mic is top left of the U130? You don't have it set to mute do you in the volume settings do you?
White MSI U100 Plus 2GB, 160GB HDD, Wifi N, BT

Ex Forum User 3

• Hawk

mesaone

• Neo
« Reply #4 on: 04-October-10, 04:09:38 »

I had the same problem. For me, my mic works fine if I turn on the built-in webcam.
Pages: [1]   Go Up