Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members, please remember to read the Forum Rules and the Posting Guide before posting for the first time!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: H55M-E21 LAN off (LED off) in S3 state, can't use wake on LAN (WOL)  (Read 2631 times)

pangsc

• Neo

I'm using H55M-E21 and Win7.

I can put PC to sleep mode (S3) and can wake it up by PS2 keyboard. Now I want to try remote desktop to wake up and connect to the slept PC. I can't connect to it.

The LAN link is down, the link LED from the back of PC is off.

In BIOS -> Power management -> ACPI on, BIOS on, ACPI Stanby state = S3, EuP2013 diabled
In Wakeup Event -> Resume by PCIor PCI-E device enbled.

Please help.

dilburt

• Afterburner

There are a few things you should check.  Go into device manager and open the properties for the NIC you are using for this remote connection.  First click on the Power Management tab and make sure the options are checked to "Allow this device to wake the computer".  I would uncheck the option to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" if it won't work while it's checked.  You should also check the magic packet box.

Click on the Advanced tab and enable the option for "Wake on Magic Packet" and "Wake on pattern match".  I can't recall if the "Shutdown Wake-On-Lan" option is supposed to be enabled or disabled but try enabled first.

- D
MSI Big-bang XPower, BIOS Ver 1.6
Intel I7-950, Corsair H80
Corsair 12g DDR3 CMX6GX3M3C1600C7
Antec Ninehundred case, AC PWM PST 120mm fans
EVGA GTX 570
2 - WD 1TB 7200 Sata 3 Drives
2 - LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray RW Drives
Silverstone 1100 PS

pangsc

• Neo

Thanks. I got the WOL function now. The LEDs at the back of PCB panel will not lit up, even the port is still active. I checked the LAN status on a ethernet switch and solve my problem.

Pages: [1]   Go Up