Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Why not utilise your system's redundant processing power for a worthy cause, and join the MSI HQ Red Rockets Folding@Home team?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: System Recovery taking too long? A3000  (Read 2929 times)

markkerr

• Neo
System Recovery taking too long? A3000
« on: 13-June-11, 03:07:40 »

So recently, something messed up my boot system and I can't access my computer at all. On the other hand, it was smart for me to make backup disks and I have all my files. I insert CD that came with my operating system to fully restore it to factory settings. It's currently running right now, but the Restore has been going on for the past 3 hours.. How long does it take on average for my system to fully restore back to factory settings? I'm starting to get worried because it has been running for quite a long time now.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: 13-June-11, 03:33:24 by markkerr »

markkerr

• Neo
Re: System Recovery taking too long? A6000
« Reply #1 on: 13-June-11, 20:00:30 »

It has been running for 1200 minutes now.... can someone please help me?
« Last Edit: 13-June-11, 20:09:30 by markkerr »

Stu

• Hawk
  • Birmingham, UK
    • StuOnline.co.uk
Re: System Recovery taking too long? A3000
« Reply #2 on: 13-June-11, 20:42:33 »

It certainly shouldn't take that long.

Probably best to abandon the recovery for now; borrow a Windows disc from somewhere (which matches the version shown on your product key sticker) and do a fresh new installation.
Former moderator and admin, 2004-2012

markkerr

• Neo
« Reply #3 on: 13-June-11, 21:15:14 »

I stopped the recovery and started it again. It was going alright until a popup said "reagentc.exe false" The only option was OK, and after I pressed that, the recovery process stopped working.

Where can i find one of these windows installation disks?

And my computer is actually an A6000 not 3000. My apologies.

Mark

• Xpower
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 13-June-11, 21:17:14 »

Download it from >>here<< and burn it to a DVD.

nate19

• Neo
« Reply #5 on: 29-August-11, 08:25:43 »

I also had the same problem. I have the A6200 laptop.The msi recovery on the hard drive failed with "reagentc.exe false" error. Same thing with the recovery dvd i had created earlier. same thing with the recovery dvd that bought from MSI. I tried installing Win7 from a installation dvd which failed as well. Then i ran a memtest86 and found out that one of the memory sticks was bad. you could also run the memory diagnostic on the Windows Recovery DVD (WRE) as well. So i just took out the bad memory and the MSI recovery worked flawlessly. I wish i had realized that this was due to bad ram. i wasted money buying a new recovery dvd from msi and wasted days trying to fix this. So if you are getting the reagentc.exe error check your memory. I am not saying this is the only source of the problem, but it could be and i haven't come across anyone suggesting this anywhere else. Also the reason i decided to do a clean install in the first place was because windows kept crashing randomly, which should have made me realize that this was a memory related issue. I hope this helps.  :biggthumbsup:

It took me about 30-40 minutes after i took out the bad memory. I left it running for 700 hrs before i knew that the problem was the ram lol.
Pages: [1]   Go Up