Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you want to flash your BIOS, please use our own Forum USB Flash tool - NOW UPDATED!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSi U135DX WEBCAM NOT WORKING  (Read 7573 times)

josievers

• Neo
MSi U135DX WEBCAM NOT WORKING
« on: 25-December-11, 18:49:51 »

Hi, My daughter has received an MSi U135DX  netbook for christmas, and we just cannot get the webcam to work. According to the basic instructions I have to hold down the Fn button and press the F6 button at the same time. When I do this a webcam icon appears on the bottom right of the screen with a red cross through it, then it goes off and nothing is happening at all.

I am getting so frustrated with this, as she wants to speak to her friends via the webcam. It definitely comes with a built-in webcam, if anyone can help me get it working i would be so grateful. Many thanks

nirgnod74

• Neo
Re: MSi U135DX WEBCAM NOT WORKING
« Reply #1 on: 27-December-11, 19:14:29 »

It mystified me too at first. I spent ages fruitlessly trying to figure it out :)

I'm using windows xp on my U135dx. The U135DX is a great notebook btw, I'm sure your daughter will love it once she's over this little hiccup :)

I verified my webcam worked by clicking the start button then click on mycomputer the webcam is listed under scanners & cameras & opens when clicked.

I eventually discovered that the webcam opens automatically once I'd installed the webchat program (I use google voice & video). No need to use with Fn F6 keys.

Hopefully the same will work for  too. Install the program your daughter & her friends intend to use. Then open the program as you would to use it & hopefully the webcam will light up. If it helps, Google voice & video has a self test function so you can check the camera and microphone are both working.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Stu

• Hawk
  • Birmingham, UK
    • StuOnline.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: 27-December-11, 21:48:57 »

Exactly. Once the webcam is turned on, you have to run some kind of program that will use it, like Skype or Windows Messenger. It doesn't work 'by magic'. ;-))
Former moderator and admin, 2004-2012

josievers

• Neo
« Reply #3 on: 28-December-11, 12:15:35 »

Many thanks for your replies, I will try again and try to download google voice and video then see what happens, I can't imagine it being that simple for me though, as I'm totally useless when it comes to computers! Will give it a try, but please watch this space incase it doesn't work, may need it talking through to me!!

Thanks once again, much appreciated.

Jo
Pages: [1]   Go Up