Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Forum FAQ contains answers to many frequently asked questions, please browse or search there before posting.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VideoGenie  (Read 23054 times)

Tanoosh

• Neo
VideoGenie
« on: 04-February-12, 02:46:01 »

New rig up and running at LAST - MSI Z68a GD80(G3), MSI 560GTX Ti Hawk, I5 2500K -

And VideoGenie.

I click it. It says - ON - and then goes away. I can find NOTHING anywhere about it - the links in google bring me to the MSI home page.

Anybody know of an actual page that describes what it is and what it does?

Thanks

Ex Forum Mod

• Hawk
Re: VideoGenie
« Reply #1 on: 04-February-12, 03:34:30 »

Brief description:

The MSI Video Genie software is an automatic modifier for the monitor in an attempt to optimize low brightness areas in videos/films. It does make an obvious difference in general when you first run the software, though whether it is applicable in a majority of cases is debatable—especially if what you are watching is intended to be dark.

More than likely does the same as what you would do by adjusting gamma in video games.

Froggy Gremlin

• Power Edition
« Reply #2 on: 04-February-12, 06:50:44 »

Your Software Application User Guide that came with the mainboard explains it along with several other available 'Genie' features.

Added: In case your mainboard didn't have a Guide with it, here is the downloadable version; http://eu.msi.com/service/download/manual-16898.html
« Last Edit: 04-February-12, 08:00:48 by Ex Forum User 2 »

Life Is Very Good Without Any Win 8/8.1, SSD's, RAID, Current AMD GPU's, G.Skill RAM, Hackers, Crackers, & Crypto Mining!

Tanoosh

• Neo
« Reply #3 on: 05-February-12, 22:45:47 »

thanks for the responses Guys!

BUT - the information provided does NOT give an example of how to invoke or activate VideoGenie. When I click VideoGenie a screen comes up that has and On/OFF option, and it goes away after 6 seconds or so, regardless of clicking the on or off option. The displays shown in the manual do not appear.

I have the most recent update, according to LiveUpdate. I suspect I can live without it. My inquiry was out of curiosity, since it's part of the suite of goodies provided with my new board.

In any event - thanks again.

Ex Forum Mod

• Hawk
« Reply #4 on: 05-February-12, 22:52:51 »

Brief description:
The MSI Video Genie software is an automatic modifier for the monitor in an attempt to optimize low brightness areas in videos/films. It does make an obvious difference in general when you first run the software, though whether it is applicable in a majority of cases is debatable—especially if what you are watching is intended to be dark.

It is automatic operation, you don't do anything other than turn it on or off.

Nanobyte

• Neo
« Reply #5 on: 01-August-12, 11:52:03 »

But my MSI Notebook already has Cinema Pro II which seems to be the same thing as this VideoGenie. I got VideoGenie through an MSI update. Idk why it would say I needed this if I already have CinemaPro (P1 button)

flobelix

• MSIHQ Red Rockets Team Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Lightning!
    • event.msi.com/vga/lightning/
« Reply #6 on: 01-August-12, 22:23:11 »

Nanobyte this thread is inactive for more than a half year so nobody from the original posters is interested in it anymore and your Cinema Pro II has nothing to do with the topic. If you have an own issue please open an own topic.

This thread will be - closed -
MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX (MS-7815) Bios 1.7B4
Core i7 4770K (C0) @ 4300.54 MHz, 1.216V
Corsair H110 Liquid CPU Cooler
2*4GB ADATA AX3U2000GC4G9B-2G (1:8) 1066.8 MHz (DDR3-2133) @ 10-11-11-28-2T 1.54v
2*MSI GTX 780Ti GAMING 3G @ 1210/3500 (SLI) 
256GB Samsung 830 SSD + 250GB Samsung 840 EVO
Corsair HX1050 +12V: 87.5A • +3.3V: 30A • +5V: 30A
Windows 8.1 Pro
Pages: [1]   Go Up