Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Why not utilise your system's redundant processing power for a worthy cause, and join the MSI HQ Red Rockets Folding@Home team?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GT660r - nvidia drivers keep crashing  (Read 1188 times)

88dood88

• Neo
GT660r - nvidia drivers keep crashing
« on: 01-March-12, 02:20:32 »

Hi all

I own the MSI 660r laptop, the one with the 285m gtx GPU. Anyways, for awhile now I've been getting black screens and BSODs relating to my nvidia drivers. On the BSOD, the error has to do with nvlddmkm.sys. When I get the black screen freezes, it's usually after the nvidia driver crashes and restarts itself - it does it about 5 times in a row and then just freezes.

My question is, do I need to uninstall my current drivers and use the video drivers found on the MSI website, or should I continue to update my drivers with nvidia's tool? I only updated them since they were so outdated. I believe the current version I have is the 295.73 mobile drivers.

Thanks

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
Re: GT660r - nvidia drivers keep crashing
« Reply #1 on: 01-March-12, 17:19:55 »

Remove current drivers in Safe Mode with >>Driver Sweeper<<
then reboot to Normal mode, and install MSI VGA drivers for your notebook from msi web page.

kbeez

• Neo
« Reply #2 on: 05-March-12, 04:22:52 »

Really? That's your suggestion? Uninstall the latest nvidia drivers and install the factory MSI ones from 3 years ago?? There has to be a better solution to this because it's constantly happening to me too. We can't roll back to those old drivers since most current games require the updated nvidia drivers to even operate properly. I'd supposed the next suggestion would be to just buy a new laptop with a newer video card, right? lol

sabretooth

• Easy OC
« Reply #3 on: 05-March-12, 16:01:40 »

Ok don't do what he says, live with it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up