Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you want to flash your BIOS, please use our own Forum USB Flash tool - NOW UPDATED!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: K9N2 Sli Platinum, Seems to work fine but red LEDs on board?  (Read 1189 times)

Faenix1

• Neo

I used canned air on my fans cause of some dust and upon boot up instead of four green LEDs, I had two red and two green in this order (Originally I thought it was 4 LEDs, its actually 8 xD):

LED 4: Red
LED 5: Off
LED 6: Off
LED 7: Greed
LED 8: Red
LED 9: Off
LED 10: Off
LED 11: Green

According to manual:
Group 4 (4&5) is red
Group 3 (6&7) is Green
Group 2 (8&9( is Red
Group 1 (10&11) is green

means "VGA Testing Bios" but I have no clue :censored: that means or what could be wrong or even if its safe to use my computer or not. I cant afford a new mainboard so I'm left clueless on what to do. Anyone got any tips or hints?

I've googled this but most "Red LED" posts there computers dont even have pictures, I can boot up and even played minecraft for a bit but was too worried to play more then 10 minutes so I shut it off.

Jack

• Ex Forum moderator
  • Power Edition
    • A user initiative by MSI fanatics to support all other MSI product users
Re: K9N2 Sli Platinum, Seems to work fine but red LEDs on board?
« Reply #1 on: 02-March-12, 08:19:45 »

I can boot up and even played minecraft for a bit but was too worried to play more then 10 minutes so I shut it off.

So your system works just fine in spite of what the LEDs tell you?

Faenix1

• Neo
« Reply #2 on: 02-March-12, 23:20:29 »

Yes the system boots up and I cant notice any difference in performance, I'm just worried I'll do harm to my computer if I use it. Just not sure how to go about this.. should I just ignore it and use my computer as usual?

Fredrik

• Hawk
  • There's always a risk.
« Reply #3 on: 03-March-12, 03:55:20 »

LEDs are almost only about the processor, nowadays. It is hard to understand how your can of air can damage things, but many are driven by a gas that can liquidise under certain circumstances. Maybe such liquid or some dust landed on a sensitive part? RAM memory is sensitive to static electricity, which in everyday terms in computer systems mostly is dust. Your can would be of metal, so you could have done something that way.
Reseat the memory, with power cable unplugged first, of course. Video card has memory too, so you should reseat that, too.

Ex Forum User 3

• Hawk
« Reply #4 on: 04-March-12, 13:45:33 »

Just the boot-step-counter that misses some steps.
Nothing to worry about if everything is fine.

I would ignore it and be happy, as it's just a tool to help you find troubles.
But sometimes they brake themselves and give nonsense info, like in your case.
Pages: [1]   Go Up