Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members, please remember to read the Forum Rules and the Posting Guide before posting for the first time!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I enable bluetooth on my MSI CR600 laptop  (Read 2918 times)

furreverdoggrooming

• Neo
How do I enable bluetooth on my MSI CR600 laptop
« on: 02-November-12, 01:24:31 »

I'm trying to pair my laptop to a set of bluetooth speakers.

I've opened the bluetooth assistant.  I click on the ENABLE button and get this message: "Please plug in the bluetooth device and click OK button."

I'm confused because isn't the point of having a bluetooth device that you AREN'T plugging it in?  I have no trouble pairing my phone or bluetooth speakers to other devices but my laptop doesn't seem to want to do this the easy way. HELP!

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
Re: How do I enable bluetooth on my MSI CR600 laptop
« Reply #1 on: 02-November-12, 01:29:13 »

have you activated the bluetooth ? if yes, does the led light which confirm that's activated?

furreverdoggrooming

• Neo
« Reply #2 on: 02-November-12, 01:56:54 »

SVET: thanks for the quick reply.  Just to be on the safe side and make sure I'm not just being a bonehead: What are the steps to activating the bluetooth?  I thought clicking the "enable" button was the trick, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
« Reply #3 on: 02-November-12, 02:08:13 »

look in your manual how to activate the bluetooth: http://www.msi.com/product/nb/CR600.html#/?div=Manual

furreverdoggrooming

• Neo
« Reply #4 on: 02-November-12, 04:23:15 »

Tried looking it up in the manual, all the manual says is that the light will turn blue when it's activated, doesn't say HOW to activate.  If I could figure this out on my own I wouldn't be asking on here.  I thought this was a help forum.

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
« Reply #5 on: 02-November-12, 14:05:55 »

On page 2.9, point 3 from manual:

Quick Launch Buttons
Press the quick launch buttons to activate the specific applications or tools. With the help of
these quick launch buttons, users will be able to do work more efficiently.

Wireless
LAN/ Bluetooth
Š
Press this button repeatedly to turn the WLANor Bluetoothfunction on or off recurrently

flobelix

• MSIHQ Red Rockets Team Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Lightning!
    • MSI Gaming
« Reply #6 on: 02-November-12, 16:42:05 »

For using Quick Launch Buttons install System Control Manager (SCM) for CR Series: http://www.msi.com/service/download/utility-14214.html
MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX (MS-7815) Bios 1.8
Core i7 4770K (C0) @ 4300.54 MHz, 1.216V
Corsair H110 Liquid CPU Cooler
2*4GB ADATA AX3U2000GC4G9B-2G (1:8) 1066.8 MHz (DDR3-2133) @ 10-11-11-28-2T 1.54v
MSI R9 290X LIGHTNING @ 1150/3000 
256GB Samsung 830 SSD + 250GB Samsung 840 EVO
Corsair HX1050 +12V: 87.5A • +3.3V: 30A • +5V: 30A
Windows 8.1 Pro

jerrydoco

• Neo
« Reply #7 on: 03-November-12, 18:24:41 »

Hi there, had a similar issue with my CR700 when I bought it...   The tech spec said it came all blue tooth enabled so I spent many an unhappy hour trying to enable/disable and then re-loading drivers etc.... only to find out that it actually does not come all enabled and you have to use a blue tooth dongle. I contacted MSI who sent me one. It is a small USB device that once you stick it in a spare USB slot on your pc and then the drivers are loaded.... hey presto. My Blue Tooth enabled immediately. Hope this helps.

furreverdoggrooming

• Neo
« Reply #8 on: 04-November-12, 19:30:15 »

Hi there, had a similar issue with my CR700 when I bought it...   The tech spec said it came all blue tooth enabled so I spent many an unhappy hour trying to enable/disable and then re-loading drivers etc.... only to find out that it actually does not come all enabled and you have to use a blue tooth dongle. I contacted MSI who sent me one. It is a small USB device that once you stick it in a spare USB slot on your pc and then the drivers are loaded.... hey presto. My Blue Tooth enabled immediately. Hope this helps.

I think this is probably what I need as well.  I feel like I've tried everything else.  Thanks jerry, I'll give them a call.   :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up