Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Why not utilise your system's redundant processing power for a worthy cause, and join the MSI HQ Red Rockets Folding@Home team?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Killer NIC (LAN & Wireless) problems  (Read 39505 times)

goktuggurler

• Easy OC
Re: MSI GT70-ONC Killer nic problem
« Reply #50 on: 26-January-13, 22:54:57 »

OH you made the test. In just one sample you get a bad ping. It can be due to what they call transient congestion. A single ping is an outlier :)

Anyway, I was believing that a new network interface card cannot do much about your connection quality if you are already using a decent one. Not with the current IP4 structure.

And I do agree that the KGN guys must fix the driver :)
and I alone think that they are overstating their product and are not true against their customers. :)

Thanks for the effort.

pjmtlg

• Easy OC
« Reply #51 on: 27-January-13, 02:29:49 »

So, I setup the Gateway laptop, plugged into the same gigabit switch as the GT70. I started doing a ping to your address you listed before, and then started downloading the new NVidia Gefore driver from NVidia (at 4.0 MB/sec, maxing out my connection). Here's the result....

Have you changed the ping priority in the killer manager ?  By default the priority is Normal but you can set it on Max.

I made a test this afternoon but I didn't had the time to post the result and I don't have the neetbook now (I think my wife have closed my session anyway). 

I used http://www.speedtest.net/ to overload the bandwith with a very good server (from my provider) and I ping the same server with a -n 50 param.  The 50 counts cover the length of the bandwith speed test.  I launch the ping test just when the bandwidth test begins.

Without the overload, I got a 10ms average trip time, 0 packet lost. 
With the overload and normal priority  for the ping, i got a 200 ms average trip time (with a max above 1000 ms) and 5% to 10% packet lost (after 3 tests).
With the overload and max priority  for the ping, i got a 170 ms average trip time (with a max around 400 ms) and 0% packet lost (3 tests).
With the overload and normal priority for the ping and a max priority for the flash player, i got a 750 ms average trip time and 80% packet lost.  And the speed test gains a little better result but not very significant as I was already near the maximum allowed by my cable provider, but the ping for the speed test passed from 15 ms to 10 ms. 

For each speed test, the results was all almost the same, but I think it's will not be the case if I change the ping packet size as I used the default.

I have a netgear cable router that have QoS implemented and the test was made with the wifi with a very stable (flat) signal of -70db to -72db at 2.4 Ghz N 300 mbits.

So for me, yes, QoS and the Killer network manager can do the trick if everything is well configured and the local infrastructure can support it.  The 0% packet lost is a very good example that the QoS can make the difference.

For the test in the video, it's not really a good test as even if the hardware is almost the same, the software is not.  The GT70 windows installation is relatively clean.  But it's not the case with the G75 from asus.  If the windows installation has not been cleaned, the G75 is a calf out of the box (my reseller said and he sells a bunch of it every month).

goktuggurler

• Easy OC
« Reply #52 on: 27-January-13, 02:47:30 »

Without the overload, I got a 10ms average trip time, 0 packet lost. 
With the overload and normal priority  for the ping, i got a 200 ms average trip time (with a max above 1000 ms) and 5% to 10% packet lost (after 3 tests).
With the overload and max priority  for the ping, i got a 170 ms average trip time (with a max around 400 ms) and 0% packet lost (3 tests).
With the overload and normal priority for the ping and a max priority for the flash player, i got a 750 ms average trip time and 80% packet lost.  And the speed test gains a little better result but not very significant as I was already near the maximum allowed by my cable provider, but the ping for the speed test passed from 15 ms to 10 ms. 
Thanks for the statistics.

Without the overload, there is little that the Killer NIC can provide against standard cards.
When the link is overloaded by another PC (e.g., your wife gets connected) then Killer NIC again cannot provide much.
The only case is the "dummy case" in which you choke yourself while playing online games. Only in that case, Killer NIC seems to provide improved statistics if you configure it well but  I really don't think that it is a valid argument and to make advertisement on that (Especially like in the video without explaining the conditions) is simply dishonesty. Not everybody has the chance to evaluate the conditions in the video, and may simply believe that using Killer NIC, it will get better as it does in the video; from 900ms to 200ms by magic.

pjmtlg

• Easy OC
« Reply #53 on: 27-January-13, 03:22:17 »

I don't have a game that demands a lot of bandwidth to make the test, but when I play L4D2 with my wife she always get a better ping than me, she plays on the GT70 and me on the fixed computer (not a bad one, I7 2600k, GTX580, Intel nic).  But we don't have a bad ping, something like 25ms for me and 22ms for her.  With voice over IP between us because we are not in the same room.

When (if) I will have the time next week, and some room near my fixed computer to put the netbook, I can make a test by overloading the bandwidth from the fixed and test the ping from the GT70 on the wired LAN.

For the advertising of the KGN, I really think that the true is that it can make the difference in a LAN party.  I don't know if you already seen one but the LAN is really a total mess when you have a lot of participants.  For some pro gamers even a difference of 2ms can really make it.  These guys can calculate where they have to aim to do a head shot on a moving target just by looking at their ping.  But yes, it's just a commercial argument.

goktuggurler

• Easy OC
« Reply #54 on: 27-January-13, 12:33:03 »

For the advertising of the KGN, I really think that the true is that it can make the difference in a LAN party.  I don't know if you already seen one but the LAN is really a total mess when you have a lot of participants.  For some pro gamers even a difference of 2ms can really make it.  These guys can calculate where they have to aim to do a head shot on a moving target just by looking at their ping.  But yes, it's just a commercial argument.

It cannot make a difference in LAN party or in any condition in which the congestion is experienced at a node beyond your PC. The only thing that KGN can do is to differentiate the traffic that you generate and prioritize the packets according to your settings before transmitting to network.  So no head shot :) no nothing. Pure bull :censored: .
« Last Edit: 27-January-13, 13:15:38 by goktuggurler »

pjmtlg

• Easy OC
« Reply #55 on: 27-January-13, 16:16:43 »

No, everything is dependant of the quality of your LAN hardware.  Almost every L3 switch have QoS implemented now.  Some L2 switches also have it but if the network is too wide, it will not make a difference if the segment have too many collision.  I can't imagine a true LAN party with L2 switches without having some fights or keyboard/mouse flying all over the assistance because the collisions.

And at home, every Modem/router have QoS implemented (at different levels) now because we have phone, tv, and everything on the same hardware and the same cable.

For this reason, QoS is used over all the network, some ISPs leave it unmodified along their network, some use managed router and switch that can modify the packet header.  This technique is used by a lot of provider to give a low priority to P2P exchange from their users by example.

But yes, if you have a congestion on the incoming traffic, you can't control it from your PC except if it's your PC that cause the congestion.  But you can at least control your outgoing traffic.

goktuggurler

• Easy OC
« Reply #56 on: 27-January-13, 16:21:53 »

Are you a researcher on computer networks? I can surely use some of your claims if you have them on an article. Can you at least provide some references about some of the things you have stated.
Almost every L3 switch have QoS implemented now. 

And at home, every Modem/router have QoS implemented (at different levels) now because we have phone, tv, and everything on the same hardware and the same cable.

For this reason, QoS is used over all the network.

4. Are you refering MPLS for this one?
some ISPs leave it unmodified along their network, some use managed router and switch that can modify the packet header.  This technique is used by a lot of provider to give a low priority to P2P exchange from their users by example.

Why do you think people are working so hard for future Internet, which is basically designed to do what you have claimed.
A huge debate is going on how should the QoS be implemented in the Internet. By Diffserv or by Intserv. There are also many people who state that the philosophy of the Internet is dumb but efficient network and intelligent edge nodes. These guys are simply defending that simply by increasing the link capacities, we will do good enough. For instance, now the bitrates are simply high enough to stream music but we are having some difficulties with HD video. Soon, the rate of the HD video will be nothing compared to the capacity that you have with your mobile device. Then, you won't need QoS, any connection will suffice.

Anyway, it has been a long discussion, what I simply say is that, if you tell ordinary people that you can improve the RTT by 700ms, that is a lie. If you say that under the same conditions, the wired RTT is 200ms while the wireless RTT is 900ms, that is another lie. If somebody is promoting their products based on lies, I call them liar. :)

I really don't understand why people don't simply accept that the KGN Ethernet interface does not really have the impact as much as they claim. I just don't like the idea that technology companies fool people by not stating that they do better under very specific (sometimes idiotic) conditions. That's all I care about. The people have the right to have access to correct information about a product they purchase.
« Last Edit: 27-January-13, 16:50:43 by goktuggurler »

pjmtlg

• Easy OC
« Reply #57 on: 27-January-13, 16:42:17 »

I don't have any reference to give you, except I'm an ex system engineer.  I quit some years ago.  I'm just talking by experience and this discussion remembers me some really bad souvenirs.  :bonk: 

Warner

• Global Moderator
  • City of Industry, CA
    • MSI
« Reply #58 on: 01-February-13, 21:56:45 »

Driver-only package for W7 & W8.
1st package contains LAN driver.
2nd package contains WLAN driver.
FAE, MSI USA

Welcome to MSI user-to-user support forum! For official support, please contact us directly.

MSI USA service & support contact info:
Email: ususersupport@msi.com
Phone#:
+1.626.271.1004 (MB/VGA)
+1.888.447.6564 (Notebook/AIO)
Online Tech Support:
http://service.msicomputer.com/msi_user/ts_form.aspx
RMA request (USA/Canada only):
http://service.msicomputer.com/msi_user/rma_form_new.aspx
FAQ:
http://service.msicomputer.com/msi_user/techfaq.aspx

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: 02-February-13, 16:45:21 »

1st package contains both LAN & WLAN drivers.
2nd package contains WLAN-only driver.

Thank you Warner! I'll check this out tomorrow when I have some extra free time. About to head out here in a bit otherwise I'd do it now.
MSI GT70 0NE
Core i7 3610
16 GB DDR3
2 x 240 GB Muskin Atlas Deluxe mSATA SSD's in SuperRaid
500 GB HDD
GTX680M with Core@980 MHz and Memory@2100 MHz
Asus Xonar U3 USB Sound Card for Optical Output and Dolby Digital upconverting
Windows 8 with Start8
Custom notebook cooler

This system runs at a cool 65C while playing the newest and most demanding games at highest settings possible.

ayush000

• Winki
« Reply #60 on: 03-February-13, 15:45:54 »

Thanks Warner. Drivers work.. Don't know about stability yet

LisuPoland

• Winki
« Reply #61 on: 04-February-13, 10:34:54 »

1st package contains both LAN & WLAN drivers.
2nd package contains WLAN-only driver.

How to install this?

I also have BSOD when I plug in LAN cable into my GX60.

My only way to fix this so far, was to uninstall the E2200 Killer Gaming Network drivers completely (got a BSOD durning that !). After rebooting I can plug in LAN cable without BSOD, still... I don't have the KGN software optimalizing my network by using this solution...
« Last Edit: 04-February-13, 10:37:14 by LisuPoland »

ayush000

• Winki
« Reply #62 on: 04-February-13, 14:56:37 »

Device Manager-> under unidentified devices, right click you ethernet->Update device Driver->Browse to the unzipped folder

LisuPoland

• Winki
« Reply #63 on: 04-February-13, 16:17:02 »

Thx,

Should I install the newest KGN drivers from the official website and then the driver provided above

or

should I do a complete KGN driver clean up and after that install driver provided above?

radier

• Easy OC
« Reply #64 on: 04-February-13, 17:35:49 »

Do complete driver clean up and install driver provided above
ASRock P67 Extreme4 B3 UEFI L3.17 | Core i5 2500K (L041C124) @ 5GHz (1,344V vCore) Cooled by Mugen 2 rev. B | 2x4GB DDR3 1600 ADATA | MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB DDR5 @ 1210/6260 | Crucial m4 64GB SSD, Seagate 7200.12 500GB, Samsung F4 EG 2TB, LG GH-22NS30 | ASUS Xonar D1, Logitech X-540, Renkforce CD-340 | 24" HP LP2475w H-IPS | bequiet! E5-500W | Fractal Design Define R3 | Windows 7 SP1 64 bit

samXLR

• Winki
« Reply #65 on: 11-February-13, 17:32:10 »

Hey,

I had the same issue (bsod with Skype usage at windows 8) and following this post fixed it for me.
but now my WiFi stopped working

i think whats happening is that the service "WLAN AutoConfig" is not working properly, a hint to this is that when I attempted to stop the service it failed to stop and the service's status changed to "stopping" and wouldn't go back to running or stopped until system is restarted.

Fuzz Ball

• Easy OC
« Reply #66 on: 12-February-13, 08:31:38 »

I had the same issue a while back, download the latest SCM for the laptop from the MSI website. Its the thing that controls your touch bar thingy + Function F2-F10/12 buttons.

samXLR

• Winki
« Reply #67 on: 12-February-13, 11:56:23 »

I just installed the latest SCM, now when I click on the s-bar there's a logo on my screen for my action, which is nice and all, but the problem is still there, WLAN service is dead, cant make it work, it says its running but it isn't and trying to stop it result in the service getting stuck at "stopping" at no point do my laptop broadcast wifi radio signal, i aint got no wifi :(

Warner

• Global Moderator
  • City of Industry, CA
    • MSI
« Reply #68 on: 12-February-13, 18:52:15 »

Hi samXLR,

Check in the device manager and see if you have anything under Unknown Devices.
FAE, MSI USA

Welcome to MSI user-to-user support forum! For official support, please contact us directly.

MSI USA service & support contact info:
Email: ususersupport@msi.com
Phone#:
+1.626.271.1004 (MB/VGA)
+1.888.447.6564 (Notebook/AIO)
Online Tech Support:
http://service.msicomputer.com/msi_user/ts_form.aspx
RMA request (USA/Canada only):
http://service.msicomputer.com/msi_user/rma_form_new.aspx
FAQ:
http://service.msicomputer.com/msi_user/techfaq.aspx

samXLR

• Winki
« Reply #69 on: 13-February-13, 08:47:12 »

Checked, no Unknown devices.

Maybe I am using the wrong drivers? I am using the wireless_intel_n2230_15.5.7.52_w864 drivers.

some info about my system:
Bios version: E1762IG6.30J
EC Version 1762EG62 Ver
IGFX VBIOS Version 2126
ME FW Version 8.0.0.13514.00

I am Using windows 8 64bit

got GF680\16GB Ram\120GB OCZ Vortex 3 SSD\750GB HD\Mat 17.3" Display

samXLR

• Winki
« Reply #70 on: 20-February-13, 10:13:11 »

I solved it.

if you have no WiFi and your service (available at start>run>services.msc) "WLAN" is non responsive (you can tell by locating that service and trying to change its status to "stop" and seeing if it gets stuck at "stopping" until you restart your computer).
the solution is: disable your 3rd party antivirus\firewall and all other active protections (in my case it was avast internet security) once that is done simply re-run the Intel WiFi driver installer and chose "repair" followed by system reboot.

you will notice after the reboot that your WiFi is working and that you can now disable\stop\restart the WLAN service.

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: 29-March-13, 00:31:40 »

Just bringing this to the front page....simply because I've been using this driver above and it works GREAT!
MSI GT70 0NE
Core i7 3610
16 GB DDR3
500 GB HDD
Windows 8 with Start8
Custom notebook cooler

This system runs at a cool 65C while playing the newest and most demanding games at highest settings possible.

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: 01-April-13, 03:09:53 »

Flobelix/Warner/Svet, can we get this post stickied or something at the top of the forums? Simply to help with the E2200 problems people are having in both Windows 7 and Windows 8?
MSI GT70 0NE
Core i7 3610
16 GB DDR3
500 GB HDD
Windows 8 with Start8
Custom notebook cooler

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
« Reply #73 on: 01-April-13, 10:09:40 »

gotre

• Neo
« Reply #74 on: 24-April-13, 10:42:40 »

I installed the drivers and can use the ethernet cable again, but wifi is dead for me :(

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #75 on: 03-May-13, 11:47:08 »

I installed the drivers and can use the ethernet cable again, but wifi is dead for me :(

Check out Warner's post above....
http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=164835.msg1215981#msg1215981

There is standalone drivers for the Killer Networks 1202 wireless adapter as well. Those should fix your wireless issues.
MSI GT70 0NE
Core i7 3610
16 GB DDR3
500 GB HDD
Windows 8 with Start8
Custom notebook cooler

mahal.ko.si.kai

• Neo
Re: Killer NIC (LAN & Wireless) problems
« Reply #76 on: 27-May-13, 04:29:17 »

Hello everyone :). I installed the driver that was posted above...now i get this :( KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED(fwpkclnt.sys) :(. Please help :(

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: 28-May-13, 05:18:45 »

Hello everyone :). I installed the driver that was posted above...now i get this :( KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED(fwpkclnt.sys) :(. Please help :(

This is a windows file, not a file from the drivers. Most likely, your Windows installation is corrupt.......
MSI GT70 0NE
Core i7 3610
16 GB DDR3
500 GB HDD
Windows 8 with Start8
Custom notebook cooler

Belakorr

• Neo
« Reply #78 on: 18-July-13, 18:27:12 »

Hello all, after reading ALL post I fixed my BSOD (or that's what I think, I will be sure in a few days) but as other people is saying, now my Wifi is dead.
1st: I have W7 64 bits so to activate wifi I had to download S-BAR because buttons was not working, but that shouldnt be a problem anymore.
2nd: I uninstalled my wifi drivers, and installed one I had, it didnt work.
3rd: I did a driver clean uninstall and tried installing the drivers posted above, but it tells me those are different drivers, ok, that's because my wifi lan is intel and not killer? I guess
4rd: I went into Intel's page and checked for drivers updates online, it found one driver needs to be updated, I downloaded it and installed it...still not working
5rd: I tried doing clean install, turning off my anti-virus and then installing last intel driver... but that didnt work either

This is my first post and I usually fix all stuff by myself but I have no idea what else to try, I hope you can help me, thanks.

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: 20-July-13, 04:57:23 »

I would highly suggest downloading the latest killer networks drivers from Killer Networks. Their latest driver package is much improved and does not produce the BSoD's that the older drivers did. I'm currently using them without any issues.
MSI GT70 0NE
Core i7 3610
16 GB DDR3
500 GB HDD
Windows 8 with Start8
Custom notebook cooler

Belakorr

• Neo
« Reply #80 on: 20-July-13, 11:42:51 »

Im not having blue screen anymore but my wifi is completly dead, and looks like my wifi is intel not killer, so how would I actually do it? windows tells me thats not the correct driver...

flobelix

• MSIHQ Red Rockets Team Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Lightning!
    • MSI Gaming
« Reply #81 on: 20-July-13, 14:39:16 »

and looks like my wifi is intel not killer

:bonk: Then this is the wrong thread for you from the beginning. Open an own topic on your own issue: >>Please read and comply with the Forum Rules.<<
MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX (MS-7815) Bios 1.8
Core i7 4770K (C0) @ 4300.54 MHz, 1.216V
Corsair H110 Liquid CPU Cooler
2*4GB ADATA AX3U2000GC4G9B-2G (1:8) 1066.8 MHz (DDR3-2133) @ 10-11-11-28-2T 1.54v
MSI R9 290X LIGHTNING @ 1150/3000 
256GB Samsung 830 SSD + 250GB Samsung 840 EVO
Corsair HX1050 +12V: 87.5A • +3.3V: 30A • +5V: 30A
Windows 8.1 Pro

Belakorr

• Neo
« Reply #82 on: 20-July-13, 16:42:53 »

In my opinion this is the best thread because my wifi died AFTER I did that, since i need the wifi i installed back the wifi, and probably im back to BSOD problem...so i think this is the best place to post it, anyway, i cant be sure of BSOD because it appears once every 2-3 days...

flobelix

• MSIHQ Red Rockets Team Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Lightning!
    • MSI Gaming
« Reply #83 on: 20-July-13, 19:21:41 »

Your opinion is pretty irrelevant and it is wrong. Open your own topic on your own issue. You don't have Killer WLan so your problem with WLan is not related to the topic Killer NIC (LAN & Wireless) problems. Next post on your issue here will be removed without further notice.
MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX (MS-7815) Bios 1.8
Core i7 4770K (C0) @ 4300.54 MHz, 1.216V
Corsair H110 Liquid CPU Cooler
2*4GB ADATA AX3U2000GC4G9B-2G (1:8) 1066.8 MHz (DDR3-2133) @ 10-11-11-28-2T 1.54v
MSI R9 290X LIGHTNING @ 1150/3000 
256GB Samsung 830 SSD + 250GB Samsung 840 EVO
Corsair HX1050 +12V: 87.5A • +3.3V: 30A • +5V: 30A
Windows 8.1 Pro

PapaBean

• Neo
« Reply #84 on: 04-August-13, 10:28:58 »

Hey all,

So I had this same problem with the GE60 e2200 and I installed the drivers Warner has supplied. However, in my device manager it says Other Devices --> Ethernet Controller / Network Controller / Unknown Device

and the LAN folder worked for the Ethernet Controller when I updated the drivers, but neither of the zip files worked for the network controller or unknown device.

Did I do something wrong or is this normal? Before when I had the killer network manager there were not "other devices"

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: 05-August-13, 06:03:21 »

Hey all,

So I had this same problem with the GE60 e2200 and I installed the drivers Warner has supplied. However, in my device manager it says Other Devices --> Ethernet Controller / Network Controller / Unknown Device

and the LAN folder worked for the Ethernet Controller when I updated the drivers, but neither of the zip files worked for the network controller or unknown device.

Did I do something wrong or is this normal? Before when I had the killer network manager there were not "other devices"

I would uninstall these drivers and install the newest Killer Network drivers. They actually work VERY well now. But you need to download them from their website.
MSI GT70 0NE
Core i7 3610
16 GB DDR3
500 GB HDD
Windows 8 with Start8
Custom notebook cooler

PapaBean

• Neo
« Reply #86 on: 05-August-13, 06:28:43 »

I would uninstall these drivers and install the newest Killer Network drivers. They actually work VERY well now. But you need to download them from their website.

The thing is my friend and I (he has a gt70 and the same network card) have been suffering from BSOD's from those drivers on their site. Which is why I found this topic. If I just set the priority for everything in the applications list to 3, it still gives blue screens.

EDIT:

Okay ignore the above. I went to their site and when I go to search for my drivers they offer two and don't explain too very well what each are for and if you need both or not. Anyways I downloaded the one I had not done yet and it seems to be working except I still do not have wifi, and in device manager under Other Devices I still see Network Controller and Unknown Device. I feel like I'm missing something obvious here, but I've been dealing with a multitude of problems with windows 8 and my new laptop so I'm a bit over worked with all this. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
« Last Edit: 05-August-13, 07:50:42 by PapaBean »

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #87 on: 06-August-13, 03:35:08 »

The thing is my friend and I (he has a gt70 and the same network card) have been suffering from BSOD's from those drivers on their site. Which is why I found this topic. If I just set the priority for everything in the applications list to 3, it still gives blue screens.

EDIT:

Okay ignore the above. I went to their site and when I go to search for my drivers they offer two and don't explain too very well what each are for and if you need both or not. Anyways I downloaded the one I had not done yet and it seems to be working except I still do not have wifi, and in device manager under Other Devices I still see Network Controller and Unknown Device. I feel like I'm missing something obvious here, but I've been dealing with a multitude of problems with windows 8 and my new laptop so I'm a bit over worked with all this. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

The real question is what wireless adapter do you have? A Killer Network 1202 or an Intel 2235/6235/whatever was included? I have a GT70 0NE (I installed Windows 8, upgrading from Windows 7) and I have an Intel 2235 and all my drivers work just fine...I have 0 issues with the laptop at all.....
MSI GT70 0NE
Core i7 3610
16 GB DDR3
500 GB HDD
Windows 8 with Start8
Custom notebook cooler

PapaBean

• Neo
« Reply #88 on: 06-August-13, 05:49:02 »

The real question is what wireless adapter do you have? A Killer Network 1202 or an Intel 2235/6235/whatever was included? I have a GT70 0NE (I installed Windows 8, upgrading from Windows 7) and I have an Intel 2235 and all my drivers work just fine...I have 0 issues with the laptop at all.....

I guess I have an intel one, I thought it was a killer adapter but I cant tell because my device manager doesnt say anything anymore. I'll try an intel driver, hoping thats the reason for all this lol. I have a GE60 and it came with windows 8. So I'm gonna look around and see if I can find out if I have a killer or intel wireless adapter.

Exedil

• Neo
« Reply #89 on: 30-August-13, 02:48:10 »

Hey guys, just had trouble with this terrible driver, managed to get the LATEST standalone version (8.0.2.42) of the driver from Killergaming.
The new app also looks cool, but is terrible  X-((

Here you go (sorry can't post full link, so if a mod/admin could repost it!) :
mega.co.nz/#!zB9kTTqT!URpf2xKc5HNiXXjWDB8vpQ57SjdusBowFQpUky5 1PqA

Also, It looks like the killer E2200 doesn't like Network Powerline put on power strips. I know, there are not meant to be used on one, but it worked very well until I bought this new Z87 motherboard :(
Anyway, I switched the network powerline with another device, and it greatly increase my network speed (50% more!  :bonk: yeah it was terrible before that change!). If it is useful to anyone (not really easy to find that one) !

doc_haz

• Neo
« Reply #90 on: 17-November-13, 04:02:14 »

Hey guys, just had trouble with this terrible driver, managed to get the LATEST standalone version (8.0.2.42) of the driver from Killergaming.
The new app also looks cool, but is terrible  X-((

Here you go (sorry can't post full link, so if a mod/admin could repost it!) :
mega.co.nz/#!zB9kTTqT!URpf2xKc5HNiXXjWDB8vpQ57SjdusBowFQpUky5 1PqA

Also, It looks like the killer E2200 doesn't like Network Powerline put on power strips. I know, there are not meant to be used on one, but it worked very well until I bought this new Z87 motherboard :(
Anyway, I switched the network powerline with another device, and it greatly increase my network speed (50% more!  :bonk: yeah it was terrible before that change!). If it is useful to anyone (not really easy to find that one) !

Hello. Thx for the standalone LAN Driver for the e2200. Do you think you could share the WLAN INF and Bluetooth as well??

Thx. in advance. :-D

Im having a lot of problems with the Killer Bundle. and would prefer standalone inf drivers.

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: 17-November-13, 15:56:27 »

Hello. Thx for the standalone LAN Driver for the e2200. Do you think you could share the WLAN INF and Bluetooth as well??

Thx. in advance. :-D

Im having a lot of problems with the Killer Bundle. and would prefer standalone inf drivers.

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=164835.msg1215981#msg1215981

There's those if you want to use the standalone drivers.

If not, I'd suggest downloading the latest ones from Killer, as those actually seem to be rather stable. They are for me with my GT70 anyway.
MSI GT70 0NE
Core i7 3610
16 GB DDR3
500 GB HDD
Windows 8 with Start8
Custom notebook cooler

jadors

• Neo
« Reply #92 on: 30-March-14, 03:22:21 »

This broke my computer.  I cant access the internet at all. (Im posting from a different computer)

BlueFear

• Neo
« Reply #93 on: 07-April-14, 00:46:27 »

Hello;
Are these still up-to-date drivers?
I need LAN driver for my z87-g45 motherboard ethernet controller.

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: 07-April-14, 05:16:48 »

Hello;
Are these still up-to-date drivers?
I need LAN driver for my z87-g45 motherboard ethernet controller.

I would stick to the motherboard section to be honest....these are for laptops.

But if you're that concerned, try them out and see if they work. Who knows, maybe they do?
MSI GT70 0NE
Core i7 3610
16 GB DDR3
500 GB HDD
Windows 8 with Start8
Custom notebook cooler

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
« Reply #95 on: 07-April-14, 14:15:28 »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up