Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This is a User-to-User community forum run by MSI users for MSI users. If you need to contact MSI directly see: How to contact MSI

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [FIXED] Power DVD 10 Integrity is at risk....  (Read 9335 times)

Ghost

• Judge me not on how I fall but on how many times I get back up.
  • Cyclone
  • FALCON PAAAAWNCH!!
[FIXED] Power DVD 10 Integrity is at risk....
« on: 18-March-13, 15:34:11 »

Hi folks, I've recently reset my Windows 8 PC after having some troubles with it, but now I seem to be having trouble with Power DVD not playing anything. Be it Blu-Rays or DVD's. It's giving me an integrity error and informs me to reinstall the player again.

"The integrity of CyberLink PowerDVD is is at risk. Check your anti-virus software for malicious activities or try reinstalling CyberLink PowerDVD."

Trouble is, it comes bundled with the Notebook and the only way to reinstall it, that I know of, is to reset the PC yet again, and I really don't want to do that.

So the question is, how the heck do I go about reinstalling Power DVD without resetting Windows 8? Does MSI have the software bundled with my notebook (make and model in signature) some place else where I could download it from?

Thanks in advance for taking your time reading this.
« Last Edit: 18-March-13, 16:04:56 by Ghost »
MSI GE60 0ND-287AU

Windows 8 (64-bit)
BIOS: E16GAIMS.514
EC: 16GAEMS1 5.05

CPU i7-3630QM @ 2.40GHz
16GB DDR3 1600MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX660M

arand0mguy

• Neo
Re: Power DVD 10 Integrity is at risk....
« Reply #1 on: 20-March-13, 06:59:03 »

I have the same problem with PowerDVD 10 on Windows 8 on my GX60 Laptop. I've had this laptop for only two weeks and it stopped working after I paused a movie, closed the laptop and went to resume the movie later. That's when I got the error message. Now everytime I try play a movie I get the same error message after the movie plays for about a second. I did a full system scan with Norton Utilities and nothing turned up on the scan. VLC player plays DVD's, but takes a few minutes to load them up after I press play.

My laptop is brand new and I have had virus protection on it. I've downloading the usual things like Steam, Firefox and VLC, but nothing else. I also have been on no websites other than uni, Facebook or other sites used everyday so I doubt it's malicious software that is causing PowerDVD and VLC to mess up. Any help is appreciated. :)

Ghost

• Cyclone
  • FALCON PAAAAWNCH!!
« Reply #2 on: 23-March-13, 11:11:58 »

Hey, there,  sorry to hear you're having this problem as well.

I know first hand how frustrating this really is, exacerbated by the makers of PowerDVD, Cyberlink's lack of care and support! I've contacted them but the personnel in charge of my Support Ticket is playing a game of coercion with me, and he's truly testing my patience.

He keeps asking me the same questions again and again, like what anti-virus and firewalls I'm using and on what Blu-Ray titles this error message happens with. It happens with any Blu-Ray player I stick into it and while I haven't tried playing DVD's I'm not holding out on any chances of it working either.

What I mean by coercion is that it would seem that Cyberlink are trying their best to possibly frustrate their customer bases into buying the UPGRADE package, but the thing is, this error also happens on these upgraded players as well.

Before this error, I would get an error for every Blu-Ray disc, such as: the disc could not be read, and when that happens I simply close the stupid program and run it again and such messages won't appear again for that very disc.

I think there is something fishy going on on Cyberlink's part in that they are indeed trying to  frustrate us into buying the upgrade. Malpractice to be sure... and I'm not wrong about that, call it a girl's intuition if you like! :)
MSI GE60 0ND-287AU

Windows 8 (64-bit)

CPU i7-3630QM @ 2.40GHz
16GB DDR3 1600MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX660M

Zebbie

• Neo
« Reply #3 on: 24-March-13, 09:11:03 »

Hi
I'm new to the forum and not very techie.....
I trawled the net and came up with this thread. I'm having exactly the same issue. I have a MSI GE 60, using Win 8, bought back in UK in Jan this  year - although I'm currently living in Darwin(Aus).

This started yesterday when I went to play a uk DVD of Peppa Pig for my daughter and  got the same Integrity message.
No matter what I do I can't seem to get round it. She's not a happy bunny and we have no other way of playing UK dvds.......

Is anyone making any headway around this that a muppet like me may understand?
...apart from upgrading.
Ta heaps.
Zeb

Ghost

• Cyclone
  • FALCON PAAAAWNCH!!
« Reply #4 on: 24-March-13, 18:31:42 »

Hey, Zeb. First of all, welcome, my friend. Secondly, please stay that hand of yours from committing to an Upgrade purchase of PowerDVD 12. Why I hear you ask, because this said problem persists even with an upgraded version.  :)

I have just contacted an MSI representative on these forums relating to this problem: a problem which I believe is related to an Audio Driver registry issue. This is just my hunch though, because when I installed an older version to the current one that I had, the problem went away, but only slightly, and only parts of the Blu-Ray (Puss In Boots - Hilarious Movie!) worked. I didn't get Dolby Digital 5.1 support as such and got a message notifying me of this as well.

Another problem is that on the MSI download page the newest Realtek HD Audio driver version isn't available for download, they've only got the older version up for download (version: 6.0.1.6690). I believe that the current versions that we both have, on models GE60 and above, are the newer versions (version: 6.0.1.6728); and this is the version that might be susceptible to corrupt over time in the Windows registry, and in turn giving us this persistent error report.

Hopefully we'll have the newer version (6.0.1.6728) up for re-downloading soon. Fingers crossed!  :pompom:
« Last Edit: 24-March-13, 18:40:13 by Ghost »
MSI GE60 0ND-287AU

Windows 8 (64-bit)

CPU i7-3630QM @ 2.40GHz
16GB DDR3 1600MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX660M

Zebbie

• Neo
« Reply #5 on: 29-March-13, 04:33:19 »

Many thanks.
I'll await the driver eagerly.

My wife was so miffed that she ran out when I was at work and bought a new LG DVD/Blu Ray player..... but of course that wont play the UK  DVDs as their the wrong region. Oh how I laughed as I tried to explain regions to a crying child and fuming wife!!!!

I'll keep a low profile 'till we get the driver reinstalled.
Regards
Z

Zebbie

• Neo
« Reply #6 on: 29-March-13, 06:20:19 »

More  crying in the house....  :bonk:
I checked the MSI download section and there is the latest driver as of yesterday- Hooray!. 
...only problem is that while updating it I seem to have completely uninstalled Realtek Audio HD in all its glory!
Hmmmm, no sound or video now no idea where to get it back from either.
5% success.
Z

Zebbie

• Neo
« Reply #7 on: 29-March-13, 08:35:57 »

Aha! Sorted....
Everything's re-installed, latest drivers and making noise.
Except......

PowerDvd still doesn't work .

Hmmmmm......
Z

Ghost

• Cyclone
  • FALCON PAAAAWNCH!!
« Reply #8 on: 29-March-13, 11:15:43 »

Ugh~! Still doesn't work? I've made a lot of noise with a few customers of PowerDVD at their Cyberlink forums, unfortunately my thread got deleted but theirs still remains and they are finally going to look into this issue after being stone walled by a Customer Support Personnel at Cyberlink's Tech Support. His name's Gaurav, or some such, so if you get him, tell him where to go and demand another techie, cause he really sucks, and I'm not joking here!

Anyway, I've just realized that the new updated sound driver is up because of a reply to my Support History message I left a week ago. They finally answered. :) Better late than never.

I'm gonna try and install this and see what happens, pity we don't have a PowerDVD 10 installer available, might be easier to rectify the problem, or at least troubleshoot and eliminate other variables.

Zeb, you're either crazy or brave to laugh at your wife, most women I know, like me, scratch - but I also bite, hard! So, you're lucky in that regard too that you got away Scott free. ;)

I'll keep this thread updated on the happenings and what news comes from Cyberlink's way.
MSI GE60 0ND-287AU

Windows 8 (64-bit)

CPU i7-3630QM @ 2.40GHz
16GB DDR3 1600MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX660M

Ghost

• Cyclone
  • FALCON PAAAAWNCH!!
« Reply #9 on: 29-March-13, 13:43:52 »

Well, that sure was useless. The problem still persists. I tried everything short of Resetting my PC to install PowerDVD 10, but yeah... what a downer, really. :(

I'll let the Tech Services know.... Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up, but even the Tech Support who emailed me asked me to update to the latest Audio Drivers, but alas, it was not to be I guess.
MSI GE60 0ND-287AU

Windows 8 (64-bit)

CPU i7-3630QM @ 2.40GHz
16GB DDR3 1600MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX660M

Pirateman

• Neo
« Reply #10 on: 07-April-13, 15:41:13 »

I am having the same issue and my version info is below. This is for an MSI gt70 0nc-494us with Windows 8.
The software insists I don't need any patches or updates.
Please tell me how I get this to work.

PowerDVD 10 Version 10.0.4126.52
Version type BD - OEM 2CH+6CH
SR Number: DVD120720-01
TR Number TR120726-057

Ghost

• Cyclone
  • FALCON PAAAAWNCH!!
« Reply #11 on: 08-April-13, 17:57:32 »

I am having the same issue and my version info is below. This is for an MSI gt70 0nc-494us with Windows 8.
The software insists I don't need any patches or updates.
Please tell me how I get this to work.

PowerDVD 10 Version 10.0.4126.52
Version type BD - OEM 2CH+6CH
SR Number: DVD120720-01
TR Number TR120726-057

Unfortunately, there's been no progress from either MSi Tech-Support or that of Cyberlink's (makers of PowerDVD 10). I'm more than willing to wait and see what MSi has on this, than to hope for Cyberlink to come up with a patch for the hardware bundled version of PowerDVD 10 OEM (our version). MSi have been good to offer support before, hence I don't mind waiting for a workaround from them, if there is one, the problem is not theirs to fix though, but Cyberlink's.

Cyberlink are absolutely atrocious when it comes to customer support and care. I hate Cyberlink with a passion, but won't waste my energy on them.

This problem is persistent even on the latest releases of PowerDVD 12. So my advice is we should look to another software DVD/Blu-Ray player to cater to our needs. I have delved deep into researching this issue, and nowhere on the web has there ever been a fix to address this problem for PowerDVD 10 OEM (hardware bundled version). So the going thought is, Cyberlink wants us to upgrade - however, by upgrading to a later version we would still be running into this problem - and furthermore, PowerDVD 10 to 13 does not play all the Blu-Rays out there.

This is one company (Cyberlink) I've come to loathe and distrust.

« Last Edit: 08-April-13, 18:05:52 by Ghost »
MSI GE60 0ND-287AU

Windows 8 (64-bit)

CPU i7-3630QM @ 2.40GHz
16GB DDR3 1600MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX660M

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
« Reply #12 on: 08-April-13, 23:16:28 »

Ghost

• Cyclone
  • FALCON PAAAAWNCH!!
« Reply #13 on: 09-April-13, 01:06:32 »

Thanks, Svet, and yeah, this is a very common error throughout the PowerDVD range of products. Unfortunately, there are no patches for the hardware bundled version of PowerDVD 10 that comes installed on the MSI Gaming Notebooks.

There are patches for the retail version of PowerDVD 10 though, just not the version of PowerDVD 10 (our version) that comes bundled with hardware, such as our gaming notebooks.
MSI GE60 0ND-287AU

Windows 8 (64-bit)

CPU i7-3630QM @ 2.40GHz
16GB DDR3 1600MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX660M

Ghost

• Cyclone
  • FALCON PAAAAWNCH!!
« Reply #14 on: 12-April-13, 18:39:07 »

Supposedly there is a patch coming from Cyberlink, but no time frame was given as to its release, so hopefully that pans out for the better soon.
MSI GE60 0ND-287AU

Windows 8 (64-bit)

CPU i7-3630QM @ 2.40GHz
16GB DDR3 1600MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX660M

Ghost

• Cyclone
  • FALCON PAAAAWNCH!!
« Reply #15 on: 13-April-13, 17:32:51 »

Excellent news!! They've responded to one of my concerns regarding PowerDVD10 being unavailable for download, and 'this' error we're all getting.

Below is a link to a PowerDVD10 Patch.

http://www.msi.com/service/download/utility-20651.html

Just run and install it, don't uninstall your copy of PowerDVD10.
« Last Edit: 13-April-13, 18:45:46 by Ghost »
MSI GE60 0ND-287AU

Windows 8 (64-bit)

CPU i7-3630QM @ 2.40GHz
16GB DDR3 1600MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX660M

Ghost

• Cyclone
  • FALCON PAAAAWNCH!!
« Reply #16 on: 13-April-13, 18:22:06 »

OMG!! Thank you MSi, this patch fixed the problems for me. I can now play Blu-Rays without a hitch.

Admins, please attach a [FIXED] tag to the Topic of this thread please, thanks.

Wow, thank you MSi, really! A measure of a Company is in how well they handle problems, not just on what they sell. Color me impressed! I'm a happy girl! :pompom:
MSI GE60 0ND-287AU

Windows 8 (64-bit)

CPU i7-3630QM @ 2.40GHz
16GB DDR3 1600MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX660M

Ghost

• Cyclone
  • FALCON PAAAAWNCH!!
Re: [FIXED] Power DVD 10 Integrity is at risk....
« Reply #17 on: 13-April-13, 18:47:01 »

Thank you Admins, for the prompt topic edit! :)
MSI GE60 0ND-287AU

Windows 8 (64-bit)

CPU i7-3630QM @ 2.40GHz
16GB DDR3 1600MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX660M

flobelix

• MSIHQ Red Rockets Team Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Lightning!
    • event.msi.com/vga/lightning/
« Reply #18 on: 13-April-13, 18:49:11 »

:hat tip: No prob
MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX (MS-7815) Bios 1.7B4
Core i7 4770K (C0) @ 4300.54 MHz, 1.216V
Corsair H110 Liquid CPU Cooler
2*4GB ADATA AX3U2000GC4G9B-2G (1:8) 1066.8 MHz (DDR3-2133) @ 10-11-11-28-2T 1.54v
2*MSI GTX 780Ti GAMING 3G @ 1210/3500 (SLI) 
256GB Samsung 830 SSD + 250GB Samsung 840 EVO
Corsair HX1050 +12V: 87.5A • +3.3V: 30A • +5V: 30A
Windows 8.1 Pro

serialtimewaster

• Neo
« Reply #19 on: 15-April-13, 08:05:56 »

Read your posts... all but too late...

I had lots of the same problems that you did with that PowerDVD10 on my MSI laptop!  terrible!

Then, I inadvertently uninstalled PowerDVD10 and now I have none to work with.  Patch won't work then even if I download it haha!  Right?

What can I do if I no longer have PowerDVD 10 on my laptop?

This is the original question you were asking but I don't recall finding an answer for it.  how did you ever get 10 back?  Did MSI or Cyberlink help you with that? 

Are there other options...that are Free?  I understand windows media player for windows 8  has an "app" you can "BUY."  Like TV, WATER, and soon air....a charge for everything.

Used to be that reliable DVD playback software came free with your computers.

Ghost

• Cyclone
  • FALCON PAAAAWNCH!!
« Reply #20 on: 15-April-13, 12:01:32 »

Read your posts... all but too late...

I had lots of the same problems that you did with that PowerDVD10 on my MSI laptop!  terrible!

Then, I inadvertently uninstalled PowerDVD10 and now I have none to work with.  Patch won't work then even if I download it haha!  Right?

What can I do if I no longer have PowerDVD 10 on my laptop?

This is the original question you were asking but I don't recall finding an answer for it.  how did you ever get 10 back?  Did MSI or Cyberlink help you with that? 

Are there other options...that are Free?  I understand windows media player for windows 8  has an "app" you can "BUY."  Like TV, WATER, and soon air....a charge for everything.

Used to be that reliable DVD playback software came free with your computers.

Oh, darn. Well, hopefully that file will still work, as it is more of an install file than a strict patch-up file. When I installed mine it verified the registry of the already installed PowerDVD10, however, as of now you have nothing to lose I suppose. So try downloading and then installing that file.

I mean, MSi would be smart enough to know that some folks would have uninstalled their copy with no way of reinstalling it again.

There are no other workarounds at present, and let it be known that this is strictly a PowerDVD10 OEM (hardware bundled version) related issue that's not only widespread and common, but completely Cyberlink's fault, they've also shown no real interest in fixing it anytime soon.

MSi were just kind enough to fix this for its customer base, other Cyberlink customers are still waiting for this to be addressed by the maker of their own software. How wrong of Cyberlink is that?

Anyway, just give that downloaded file a go, and with fingers crossed, I hope it works for you!

With any free Blu-Ray players out there you'll need additional/external software to decrypt the discs encryption, and that's always frowned upon by the film industry. So I can't point you in the right direction on that, I'm sorry.

VLC should be able to play DVD files with no worries at all, I think.

« Last Edit: 15-April-13, 12:12:28 by Ghost »
MSI GE60 0ND-287AU

Windows 8 (64-bit)

CPU i7-3630QM @ 2.40GHz
16GB DDR3 1600MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX660M

Stu

• Hawk
  • Birmingham, UK
    • StuOnline.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: 15-April-13, 21:04:09 »

The problem really is with Microsoft, and not MSI...

With Vista and Windows 7, Microsoft included an MPEG-2 decoder as standard, so users could play DVDs in Windows Media Player (and Windows Media Center) without having to install additional software (such as PowerDVD). For whatever reason, Microsoft removed this functionality from Windows 8.

Former moderator and admin, 2004-2012

fanglotus520

• Neo
« Reply #22 on: 22-April-13, 10:56:03 »

why don't you try totalmedia?? I have used it for almost 2 years. It's an easy to use and professional blu ray player software for windows, including Windows 8. During the 2 years, it never has a problem, it can play blu ray smoothly.In my opinion,It's better than powerdvd.

dachsteiner

• Winki
« Reply #23 on: 11-May-13, 10:17:49 »

Hi, I've got a related question. Basically, I want to upgrade my laptop with an SSD, and reinstall everything from scratch, starting with W8. However, there is no installer for PowerDVD 10 on the accompanying DVD. Is there a way to install it? I've got the patch, but from responses so far it seems unlikely that I can install it without having an existing installation of PowerDVD 10.

flobelix

• MSIHQ Red Rockets Team Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Lightning!
    • event.msi.com/vga/lightning/
« Reply #24 on: 11-May-13, 13:58:39 »

Has not really anything to do with the topic. All non-MSI software just comes with product and is included in the recovery partition if the notebook comes with an OS. It's not available for download separately.
MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX (MS-7815) Bios 1.7B4
Core i7 4770K (C0) @ 4300.54 MHz, 1.216V
Corsair H110 Liquid CPU Cooler
2*4GB ADATA AX3U2000GC4G9B-2G (1:8) 1066.8 MHz (DDR3-2133) @ 10-11-11-28-2T 1.54v
2*MSI GTX 780Ti GAMING 3G @ 1210/3500 (SLI) 
256GB Samsung 830 SSD + 250GB Samsung 840 EVO
Corsair HX1050 +12V: 87.5A • +3.3V: 30A • +5V: 30A
Windows 8.1 Pro
Pages: [1]   Go Up