Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Forum FAQ contains answers to many frequently asked questions, please browse or search there before posting.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to PRINT OUT BIOS settings???  (Read 1723 times)

DC A ReaL OG

How to PRINT OUT BIOS settings???
« on: 07-July-03, 18:26:52 »

Is there a way to Print OUT BIOS settings?????  Please advise and thank you.

Some year back I remember there was a Utility that saved BIOS settings to disk, and allowed you to print them out as well.  Does anyone know of such a utility?

BOGEYMAN1 CGA

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 07-July-03, 19:51:53 »

I dont think so but using a digi cam and taking a pic of your monitor while in bios will work ................Dont use the flash bulb :)

BOGEYMAN1 CGA

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 07-July-03, 19:58:42 »

It is a good idea to record your settings in your BIOS before you start. If you have warm booted your computer by using [Ctrl] + [Alt] + [Delete] or Start > Shut Down > Restart, your [Print Screen] key may function to allow you to print a copy of each menu screen in the BIOS setup utility for reference.

Remember Google searches are your friend :) I guess the print key will work after a warm reboot :)

jefn

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 08-July-03, 01:00:50 »

Hi -

My low-tech solution...  :D

I write my BIOS settings in my motherboard manual in pencil.  I use pencil so that I can erase as I tweak my settings.

Saves paper and everything stays in one place.

Jef

Snorter

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 08-July-03, 01:34:59 »

"Ctrl + Print Screen" will work

DC A ReaL OG

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 08-July-03, 01:44:19 »

Ctrl + PrntScn - I'll have to give that a try.  Thanks for all the responses!!!!!! :D

DC A ReaL OG

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 08-July-03, 17:53:10 »

Under the Your Milage May Vary - heading - Cntrl PrntScrn does NOT work for me :(  I've searched the NET and have not found a single UTILITY which would allow me to Print/Save to FILE - BIOS settings.  How ODD :(

OpT1kN3rv

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 08-July-03, 18:01:06 »

I did a quick search and found [http://www.screencapture.com/]
and [http://users.cybercity.dk/~dsl6178/bios/Bioslogo.html]

might work.

good luck.

BOGEYMAN1 CGA

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: 08-July-03, 19:47:50 »

Is your printer connected USB ?? ...If so that may be why it doesnt work . Im sure there is a way but all this time you have been searching you could have written them down manually  :D  :D

DC A ReaL OG

(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: 09-July-03, 22:08:38 »

LoL Bogey:  yep my printer is connected via USB.  Maybe I should change that... dunno

and you're right - I could have written it down.. it's just that... ummmm well you know... paperless society and all...  :P

BOGEYMAN1 CGA

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: 09-July-03, 22:38:47 »

:D  :D  :D  :D
I hear ya i hate writting things down when im at a computer myself  8)

But im pretty sure your printer would have to use a serial port as usb drivers are not loaded until windows loads so that wouldnt work .Unless someone knows how it will that way please inform us  :D  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up