Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Why not utilise your system's redundant processing power for a worthy cause, and join the MSI HQ Red Rockets Folding@Home team?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I change default boot sequence?  (Read 1098 times)

DjM

How do I change default boot sequence?
« on: 18-November-03, 03:37:52 »

I just got a K8T Ne0 FIS2R.  I am booting to a SATA 120G drive that has Win XP Prof loaded up.  When I attach my IDE drives, I have to stop the post (F11) to manually point to "BBS-0 RAID" or my machine will default to an IDE drive (which ever is plugged in) and give me "NTLDR not loaded."  

Can I change the default boot sequence (i.e. so that I don't have to manually stop-n-point every time)?   :confused2:

All my drives (1 SATA, 2 IDE) work once I point to the right startup device (SATA 120G).

Thanks for any helpful hints.
« Last Edit: 18-November-03, 03:39:59 by DjM »

3degs

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 18-November-03, 13:46:42 »

I recomend that you read your MANUAL carefully again. Also if you dont have the manual you can download it on the main site. Just view the mainboard specs. and to the right you will se links that will point your way.

Good luck.  :biggthumbsup:  :beerchug:

DjM

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 18-November-03, 19:02:57 »

Originally posted by 3degs
I recomend that you read your MANUAL carefully again. Also if you dont have the manual you can download it on the main site.

This is not here and neither is that.   :-P)

Just view the mainboard specs. and to the right you will se links that will point your way.

Good luck.  :biggthumbsup:  :beerchug:

I recommend that you review the advice that you leave others, as it is incomplete and incorrect....this, of course, is not to call you stupid, but it is to say your offering is.   :stupid:  ???-)

:lol_anim:

3degs

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 18-November-03, 20:28:08 »

This is the most irretating response i have read on a forum for a longtime..  :angryfire:

If the manual doesent help you, I could have explained how. But now i dont feel any need for it.  o_0
« Last Edit: 18-November-03, 20:35:19 by 3degs »
Pages: [1]   Go Up