Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Forum FAQ contains answers to many frequently asked questions, please browse or search there before posting.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio problems with K8N Platnium (ms-7030)  (Read 1139 times)

nothing96

• Winki
Audio problems with K8N Platnium (ms-7030)
« on: 06-January-05, 02:25:45 »

Hello,

I have recently installed the newest Realtek ALC850 driver and digicell and I have sound on my headphones. What I want to do is have sound on my surround sound reciever. I am hooking them up with a optical toslink cable. My reciever only accepts a digital output  of 48Khz and I belive the onbourd audio output is 96Khz. I know with my older audigy platnuim card that i sold you could change between the frequencies. I cannot find a setting to change this for the onboard sound.

Is there a way of changing the optical output frequency from 96khz to 48 khz?

Thanks in advance.....  :-))

MSI K8N NEO PLATINUM (MS-7030)
MSI 6600GT AGP (VIVO)   *NEW
AMD ATHLON64 3000+
CORSAIR 512mb X2
MAXTOR 200GB SATA 150
MAXTOR 60GB ATA 133
TOSHIBA DVDRW 16X DUAL-FORMAT & LG DVD 16X
ANTEC SONATA PIANO BLACK CASE
ANTEC TRUE380S +3.3V/28a +5V/35a +12V/24a
LOGITECH MX1000 laser optical mouse
SAMSUNG 19"
WIN XPSP2

Artanis

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 06-January-05, 10:19:05 »

ALC850 AC'97 Rev 2.3 Audio CODEC

General Description
Featuring four 16-bit two-channel DACs and a stereo 16-bit ADC, the ALC850 is an AC'97 Rev 2.3 compatible multi-channel audio CODEC designed for PC multimedia systems. The ALC850 incorporates proprietary converter technology and fully meets performance requirements for PC99/2001 systems.

Four pairs of stereo outputs, with 5-bit volume control and multiple stereo and mono inputs, along with flexible mixing, and gain and mute functions, provide a complete integrated audio solution for PCs. The digital interface circuitry of the ALC850 operates from a low-power consumption 3.3V power supply.

Two integrated 50mW/20ohm headphone audio amplifiers provide high-quality personal audio listening. Utilizing Universal Audio Jack® technology, Line-In and Mic-In can also serve as Headphone-Out with an amplifier advantage.

The ALC850 integrates an on-board dual PLL clock generator (14.318MHz and 24.576MHz), saving the cost of a 24.576MHz crystal. A PCBEEP generator is built-in and can be programmed by the BIOS to generate POST beeps without a buzzer. S/PDIF input and output functions are also supported, offering easy connection of PCs to consumer electronic products such as AC3 decoders/speakers, and mini disk devices.

The ALC850 supports host/soft audio from Intel ICHx chipsets, as well as audio controller-based VIA/SiS/ALi/AMD/nVIDIA/ATI chipsets. Bundled Windows series (98/ME/NT/2000/XP) and Linux drivers, EAX/Direct Sound 3D/I3DL2/A3D compatible sound effect utilities (supporting Karaoke, 26 types of environment sound emulation, 10-band equalizer), HRTF 3D positional audio, and Sensaura™ 3D (optional), providing an excellent entertainment package and game experience for PC users. In addition, the ALC850 is embedded with an impedance sensing capability to detect when a device has been connected to input or output jacks.

Features
Meets performance requirements for audio on PC99/2001 systems
Meets Microsoft WHQL/WLP 2.0 audio requirements
Eight-channel DA converter (48KHz)
Stereo AD converter (48KHz)
Complies with AC'97 Rev 2.3 specifications:
Jack sensing on Front-Out, Surround-Out, Cen/LFE-Out, Surround-Back-Out, Mic-In, Line-In, and Front-Mic-In
Clock input support options:
14.318MHz PLL (may be set to 24.576MHz) to eliminate crystal
12.288MHz BITCLK input
Integrated PCBEEP generator
Interrupt capability
Page and analog Plug & Play registers
Three analog line-level stereo inputs with 5-bit volume control: Line-In, CD, Aux
High-quality differential CD input
Two analog line-level mono inputs: PCBEEP, Phone-In
A dedicated stereo Front-Mic input for front panel applications
Line-In, Aux, and Mic-In can be shared with Surround-Out, Surround-Back-Out, and Cen/LFE-Out. (FlexJack®)
+20dB boost preamplifier for Mic input
Both Front-Out and Surround-Out integrate 50mW/20ohm amplifiers
External Amplifier Power Down (EAPD)
Power management and enhanced power saving features
Stereo Mic record for AEC/BF application
Supports Power-Off CD operation
Adjustable VREFOUT control
**** Supports 48KHz S/PDIF output ****
Supports 32K/44.1K/48KHz S/PDIF input
Three Universal Audio Jacks (UAJ®): Front-Out, Line-In, and Mic-In
Six Jack Detect pins for automatic jack sensing
Power support: Digital: 3.3V; Analog: 3.3V/5V
Standard 48-pin LQFP package
EAX™ 1.0 & 2.0 compatible
Direct Sound 3D™ compatible
A3D™ compatible
I3DL2 compatible
HRTF 3D positional audio
Sensaura™ 3D Enhancement (optional)
10-band Software Equalizer
Voice cancellation and key shifting in Karaoke mode
AVRack® Media Player
Configuration Panel for enhanced user experience
« Last Edit: 06-January-05, 10:20:14 by Artanis »

JER101

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 06-January-05, 18:36:12 »

I don't know if this helpd but one reason for losing sound on my surround amp was when the signal recieved was PCM, and I had Bitstream selected as required for surround sound. I had to change the recievers setup to hear anything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up