Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This is a User-to-User community forum run by MSI users for MSI users. If you need to contact MSI directly see: How to contact MSI

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JUSB1, JUSB2, JUSB3 Non-Functioning on K8N DIAMOND PLUS?  (Read 2201 times)

wldrhino

I connected my block plug to JUSB1 for the front USB connections on my case, and they didn't work. I then tried JUSB2, then JUSB3 and I got the same result. They just don't work. They did work just fine when I had my old Motherboard (K8N NEO2) in the same case. The rear USB connections work just fine, and they are enabled in the BIOS. Has anyone else had this problem, and has anyone found a solution for this problem?

Thanks 

Grouse

Re: JUSB1, JUSB2, JUSB3 Non-Functioning on K8N DIAMOND PLUS?
« Reply #1 on: 08-March-06, 20:27:51 »

Check the wiring diagram and make sure they are all in the right places. mine work fine.

Stu

• Hawk
  • Birmingham, UK
    • StuOnline.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: 08-March-06, 20:30:58 »

check you don't have an unused standoff which is shorting the back of your mobo - remove the board from your case, and connect it up outside the case, then see if the USB headers work again

Former moderator and admin, 2004-2012

wldrhino

« Reply #3 on: 08-March-06, 21:11:18 »

The JUSB1,2,& 3 are labeled these Colors on the Board, when the board is installed in the case, Left to Right:
Green, Blue, Red, Black, Yellow (or no color). On my Plug, the wires are labeled like the following:

Tope Row:      Red.... White..... Green.... Black..... Black
Bottom Row:   Red.... White..... Green.... Black..... space is blocked on plug, no pin on board.

So I dunno... maybe the correct wires are not in the proper places? I dodn't take the motherboard out of the case yet. I looked to see if any stand offs are touching, and I didn't see anything (I will do this as a last resort). If I start my Computer up with the flash drive in the Front Case USB port, it flashes like it is getting power, but still will not reconise it.  :huh:

wldrhino

Tiresmoke

« Reply #6 on: 08-March-06, 21:46:57 »

Pass the help along.

wldrhino

« Reply #7 on: 08-March-06, 23:13:50 »

Pass the help along.

I will.... as infact, I already passed the info to another Diamond Plus owner...  ;D

Tiresmoke

« Reply #8 on: 09-March-06, 00:18:09 »

Very good. This is how a User to User forum should work.

Spaulding

« Reply #9 on: 29-March-06, 18:26:37 »

Pass the help along.

How u did it man??? I follow everystep from that guide and nothing.... maybe I have a driver problem ??? How could u fix it?

Tiresmoke

« Reply #10 on: 29-March-06, 20:25:28 »

Remove all the USB devices from the Device manager and then restart Windows. So long as you have SP4 for Windows 2k or SP2 for XP you should be good once Windows reloads the drivers. They are a part of Windows. However the early Service Packs are faulty.
Pages: [1]   Go Up