Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you want to flash your BIOS, please use our own Forum USB Flash tool - NOW UPDATED!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MOTHER BOARD K8N NEO4 PLATINUM MS-7125 (V3.0) ATX - USB 2.0 ISSUE  (Read 1359 times)

antonio1966

The USB ports are not functioning as 2.0
When I plug any USB device in, I get the message IN ITALIAN LANGUAGE
"This device could perform faster if you connect it to a high speed USB 2.0 port"

I've got WIN XP Service Pack 2, with the latest updates.
Also the 6.70 nforce4 drivers, and the 7.0 Bios update.

Any ideas?  :wall: :wall: :bonk: :bonk:

hansh

• Trinergy

I don't know your board, but in my Neo2 Platinum the normal onboard ports are normal USB; the USB2.0 ports are situated in the d-bracket.
Hope this helps,

Hans
Lian Li 65 with Papst Fans / Zalman Reserator 1 Plus Water Cooling / Enermax Modu82+ 625W / Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P / 2*2GB OCZ3P1600LVAM2G / PhenomII X6 1090T BE /  Intel Postville X25-M SSD 160GB / Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB  / Shuttle CR40 / Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7203S / XFX HD5750 1GB watercooled / Philips 202P70 22" / Auzentech X-Fi Prelude / Concept E Magnum Power Edition / Logitech G15 / BIOS F8H / Windows 7 Ultimate 64

syar2003

• HydroGen

That's not right .
Onboard + JUSB connected usb ports are all USB2.0 and USB 1.1 at the same time if both usb 1.1+2.0 is enabled in BIOS .
Later bioses has only disabled & enabled instead of the old way.
I have two USB 2.0 external drives so i have this verified .
The ECHI controller supports USB 2.0 support for 8 ports . And Each OCHI controller (you will have two of them) support USB 1.1 operation for 4 ports .

antonio , look in devicemanager , on the toolbar select  view - devices by connection
Expand ACPI xxx processor PC - Microsoft ACPI Compiant system - PCI bus .
Now you can open the EHCI controller (Standard Enhanced PCI to USB controller) (Usb 2.0)  and the USB root hub under it and see what devices that runs from the USB 2.0 controller .
Hardware signature
-Nothing special-

hansh

• Trinergy

Yep, you are right - that is indeed what the manual is telling me. But here they will not show up as USB2.0 in devicemanager, though  ???
Lian Li 65 with Papst Fans / Zalman Reserator 1 Plus Water Cooling / Enermax Modu82+ 625W / Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P / 2*2GB OCZ3P1600LVAM2G / PhenomII X6 1090T BE /  Intel Postville X25-M SSD 160GB / Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB  / Shuttle CR40 / Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7203S / XFX HD5750 1GB watercooled / Philips 202P70 22" / Auzentech X-Fi Prelude / Concept E Magnum Power Edition / Logitech G15 / BIOS F8H / Windows 7 Ultimate 64

syar2003

• HydroGen

Well , is the connected device a true high speed USB 2.0 device.
The term full speed USB is USB 1.1 (12MB/s) and is often mistaken for 2.0 .

In antonio's case I think it's one of two things :
1)MSI have again a bios with only USB 1.1 controllers enabled which antonio have loaded.

2)The Xp native "Standard Enhanced USB 2.0" drivers is screwed up .
Possible faulty installations are :
a: Installed USB drivers from motherboard CD
   (not to be used for W2K/XP , only for Win9X/ME)
b: Installed Nvidia Chipset drivers before XP servicepack
   Nvidia Warns :(Windows XP users must install Service Pack 1, at a minimum, prior to attempting to install this package. )
                      ( Failure to do so will result in the inability to  support USB 2.0. )

c: Some other windows/driver corruption .

Hardware signature
-Nothing special-
Pages: [1]   Go Up