Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Annoying pop-up window sorter on Windows 10  (Read 3176 times)

madagascaradamTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

Hi, I just got my MSI GS70 and just updated to Windows 10.  Along the way, one of my drivers or utilities, not sure which, started making this really annoying pop-up every time I drag a window around the screen.  I have a picture of it attached here.  My question is: how do I get rid of this annoying thing?  There's got to be a setting for it somewhere, but I can't find it and can't find anyone talking about it in online searches.

madagascaradamTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #1 on: 19-December-15, 20:36:48 »

I finally found the problem after disabling startup programs one-by-one.  It was an MSI True Color "feature" that you have to disable.  You have to open the True Color program, go to the tools tab, then you have to disable the desktop partition.  I'm posting a screenshot to demonstrate it for anyone else who runs into the same problem.

schirpich

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 16-July-16, 08:26:41 »

From the depths of my heart, THANK YOU.  Most annoying feature ever.

runningman

• CAPTAIN
« Reply #3 on: 19-July-16, 09:20:37 »

Check this out.

There is always a preview window showing up next to the window I'm dragging, how can I disable it?
https://www.msi.com/faq/notebook-2021

uetvqb339665

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #4 on: 06-August-16, 06:00:13 »

this is really annoying. thanks for pointing out

s.gordts

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #5 on: 13-May-17, 10:33:40 »

Whoever the feck invents these gimmicks should get a kick in the bollox ... make that two for good measure. Windows 10 is upon itself not annoying enough that someone else found it necessary to actually spend time programming BS like this.

@ OP
This is a major annoyance, and one I am glad to get rid of. You deserve a beer!

Also, for all those who klick the MSI truecolor icon, and the program does not start... Just uninstalling MSI truecolor will do the trick just as nicely, getting rid of said annoyance as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up