Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: [GT] VBIOS for NVIDIA GTX 1070  (Read 6425 times)

ayaya1111.yaTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
[GT] VBIOS for NVIDIA GTX 1070
« on: 10-February-17, 08:49:51 »

Hello Guys,

My GT73VR got the same TDR on before and I fixed it through adjusting the [Core Clock] to [-150] by Afterburner, see here:
http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=276367.27

Aside from that, now I found there is another useful source from one popular forum of China.
http://benyouhui.it168.com/thread-5742581-1-1.html

You could find an upgrading guide and VBIOS download link (See yellow circle as below)

That's exactly what I'm talking about. The Boost Clock of GeForce GTX1070 is around 1645MHz. Maybe MSI thermal design and the power module are far better than other brand products and let GPU to reach the over SPEC frequency.

Anyway, I’ve flashed and tested this VBIOS with my GT73VR. And it could work and help limit the boost clock with reasonable level. As far as I can tell, it works fine and the TDR trouble doesn’t show up with my games (GTA V, Witcher3).

How to use the VBIOS:
1. Type [FVBIOS.bat] in Command Prompt (Admin).
2. Type [y] to confirm override and update.

3. When the VBIOS upgrading is done, rebooting the system and new configuration will start working.

adolfotregosa

• CORPORAL
« Reply #1 on: 10-February-17, 09:31:19 »

What is the vbios version ? Does it keep boost working or will it disable it like the "debug vbios" you find here in the forum?

I have made a video showing the problem and on the description I share my thoughts.

Thank you

adolfotregosa

• CORPORAL
« Reply #2 on: 10-February-17, 15:33:48 »

Update. VBIOS does have boost but this time it will  only go to 1645Mhz.

Thank you for this share.

c.crocker

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #3 on: 10-February-17, 16:11:32 »

Thanks for sharing!

I dont seem to be able to download that vbios zip file without registering on that website which i tried and it will not accept my UK phone number to send verification for registration.

Are you able to send me the zip please?

Cheers,
Chris

adolfotregosa

• CORPORAL
« Reply #4 on: 10-February-17, 16:15:09 »

c.crocker

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #5 on: 10-February-17, 16:19:06 »

Thanks for that!

I'll try that now

:biggthumbsup:

sylo

• SERGEANT
« Reply #6 on: 11-February-17, 08:55:23 »

This is great news. What we really wanted was a way to limit the boost and this might be exactly what we need. I hope this doesn't end up screwing our GPU's though. I'll give it a shot.

cedricemma

• CORPORAL
« Reply #7 on: 11-February-17, 09:54:42 »

Keep us updated

cedricemma

• CORPORAL
« Reply #8 on: 13-February-17, 05:37:58 »

Any news from this new Vbios?

sylo

• SERGEANT
« Reply #9 on: 13-February-17, 08:12:51 »

Update! I've tested the new VBIOS on my GT62VE 6RE Dom Pro and it has been working near flawlessly. Not a single crash so far. Even in areas where I used to get consistent crashes.
I say near flawless because I noticed a few things but it might be me:
1. There is a small lag of 1-2 frames between when the GPU needs power and when the GPU actually gets power. Not a big deal/ isn't intrusive.
2. I don't seem to be able to idle my GPU but this could be caused by something else. My GPU will not go below 1445MHz which is annoying when you're on battery.
3. Dragon Center Shift seems to work better than before. My shift never did seem to do much before but now they actually change the performance rather distinctly. 

Dragon Center Shift will give me the following options:
Turbo: Tested +100/+200 MHz on GPU and is stable. This gets my GPU to 1745 max boost, 4207 on memory, and CPU at 3.1GHz.
You can probably go up to 1845MHz without crashing since this vbios seems way more stable.
Sport: GPU at 1445-1645/4007 MHz and CPU at 3.1GHz. This means both GPU and CPU are boosting as they should be.
Comfort: GPU at 1445-1645/4007 MHz and CPU at 2.6GHz, however, CPU will boost if needed.
ECO: GPU at 1445/810 MHz and CPU at 1.2GHz.

I'll keep testing the vbios and I can't recommend it enough. If you have similar problems you should flash this vbios.

guiot.lucas

• SERGEANT
« Reply #10 on: 13-February-17, 14:48:38 »

No problems for me with this vbios too, everything works fine

cedricemma

• CORPORAL
« Reply #11 on: 14-February-17, 05:01:43 »

Well, with this Vbios i'm freezing while playing Hitman :/.
I'm gonna try some other games.

darkknight302

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #12 on: 19-February-17, 17:06:54 »

Update! I've tested the new VBIOS on my GT62VE 6RE Dom Pro and it has been working near flawlessly. Not a single crash so far. Even in areas where I used to get consistent crashes. I say near flawless because I noticed a few things but it might be me: 1. There is a small lag of 1-2 frames between when the GPU needs power and when the GPU actually gets power. Not a big deal/ isn't intrusive. 2. I don't seem to be able to idle my GPU but this could be caused by something else. My GPU will not go below 1445MHz which is annoying when you're on battery. 3. Dragon Center Shift seems to work better than before. My shift never did seem to do much before but now they actually change the performance rather distinctly. Dragon Center Shift will give me the following options: Turbo: Tested +100/+200 MHz on GPU and is stable. This gets my GPU to 1745 max boost, 4207 on memory, and CPU at 3.1GHz. You can probably go up to 1845MHz without crashing since this vbios seems way more stable. Sport: GPU at 1445-1645/4007 MHz and CPU at 3.1GHz. This means both GPU and CPU are boosting as they should be. Comfort: GPU at 1445-1645/4007 MHz and CPU at 2.6GHz, however, CPU will boost if needed. ECO: GPU at 1445/810 MHz and CPU at 1.2GHz. I'll keep testing the vbios and I can't recommend it enough. If you have similar problems you should flash this vbios.

Thanks man. Your post encouraged me to try the vbios and it seemed to have worked. No crash or freezing!
Main Rig
Intel 6850K @4.4Ghz ** Asus Rampage V 10 ** Asus Strix 1080 SLI ** Corsair Vengeance 32G ** Samsung 840 Evo  750G ** Seagate Barricuda 6TB ** EVGA DG87 ** H220 X2 ** EVGA 1000 P2 ** Asus PG348Q ** Corsair K70 RGB ** Logitech G900
Laptop
GT73VR Titan SLI 212

sylo

• SERGEANT
« Reply #13 on: 20-February-17, 07:36:41 »

Glad it helped, mate.

My system right now runs flawless. No lags, it idles properly (just needed a restart), and is stable at even Max turbo settings (+200/+350).
I am finally able to enjoy this laptop and marvel at its beauty.

sebcle38

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #14 on: 13-March-17, 12:48:28 »

Hello, i'm trying this vBios and at this time it work good on my GT72VR-6RE

One crash in Max turbo settings (+200/+350).
No crash on Default Turbo settings (+100/+200)
No crash on Sport mode (i will use it i think, and update if something change)

When i'm not gaming i use Comfort Mode to avoid a little coil whine.

Thanks a lot !!!!!

ygsoleilfr

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #15 on: 18-March-17, 10:58:23 »

hello , i got crash on my gt72vr....273.  120hertz, g-synch
who know where the problem come from ?
i did flash this bios, don t know if i did right

silvestras.samsonas

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #16 on: 06-April-17, 08:34:45 »

Help! 

I have updated vbios and now after restart everything is just very slow, especially games. Extreamly slow

Have I missed something? 
Thank you very much for the help.

Konstantin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: 06-April-17, 09:41:47 »

Hi silvestras.samsonas,
What game are you playing? What FPS did you got?

Use latest Help Desk to export the system info and post the text information in here.

silvestras.samsonas

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #18 on: 14-April-17, 13:11:23 »

Sorry for the late answer. 

I tried nba 2k17. 

I have attach information from the help desk. 

I would be very very grateful for the help.(:

sebcle38

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #19 on: 14-April-17, 18:42:38 »

Graphics:                     NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, 4095 MB             (Not 8192 MB?)
VBIOS Version:                N/A           (No Version?)

Your VBIOS have a problem, you have to reflash it i think maybe with the original one
« Last Edit: 15-April-17, 02:08:05 by sebcle38 »

guiot.lucas

• SERGEANT
« Reply #20 on: 15-April-17, 08:59:54 »

I try the new vbios 86.04.5B.00.44 this morning, same crash than before :undecided: Core clock up to 1850MHz

sylo

• SERGEANT
« Reply #21 on: 15-April-17, 14:30:52 »

I cannot vouch for any VBIOS except 86.04.5B.00.8A, which has been working flawlessly for me. Installing the new Nahimic+ software introduced instabilities in my system so I do not recommend using it.

For those with problems using the above VBIOS, make sure you flash correctly. I recommend MSI’s method:
1. Download latest NVIDIA driver.
2. Download latest DDU.
3. Download the VBIOS (86.04.5B.00.8A)
4. Run DDU in safe mode to remove the NVIDIA driver and restart.
5. Flash the VBIOS as per MSI instructions.
6. Install the latest NVIDIA driver and restart.

If everything went right your exported help desk info should have the following:

Graphics:                           NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, 8192 MB
VBIOS Version:                86.04.5b.00.8a,XXXXXXX

I don’t think you should have any issues with this VBIOS.

dleigh.mail

• CORPORAL
« Reply #22 on: 16-April-17, 05:32:02 »

I'm puzzled why this isn't a problem for all of the notebooks with the 1070. Some seem to be able to clock to 1850 and hold without the CTD direct3d device removed error from what I've been reading on other forums.

Why isn't anyone from MSI acknowledging this yet though?  It's really poor that we have to rely on a 3rd party bios made by who knows who (Svet denies making this vbios) to use our rather expensive laptops.

For those who are still trying to probe further - use GPU-Z and browse the log files on a vbios that goes to 1850mhz and you'll see a util or pwr PerfCap that it jumps between for throttling the card back down but it never actually scales back the memory clock to level 4 which I think would solve this problem.

While I don't like using 3rd party vbios I have to say it's almost rock solid - the only issue is a tiny stutter that happens randomly.  Very minor but still...

ericalexb

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #23 on: 16-April-17, 23:52:25 »

Fixed for me:

1- First Updated to latest bios for my GT72VR 7RE plus EC firmware
2- Installed the new 86.04.5B.00.44 vbios
3- Updated win10 to creators update, installed latest drivers.
4- In dragon center used custom fan speeds (advanced) to never go over 70c.

Now 1070 boosts to 1822mhz (not 1850mhz) stable no more crashes.

adolfotregosa

• CORPORAL
« Reply #24 on: 30-April-17, 01:24:55 »

Could you upload that vbios so we can test it??

Thank you

dleigh.mail

• CORPORAL
« Reply #25 on: 30-April-17, 04:59:46 »

Could you upload that vbios so we can test it?? Thank you

They took down this vbios not long after this post was made I think as I looked for it and there isn't any vbios listed for this laptop anymore.

This is getting very frustrating at the lack of support - several months have gone by since I first contacted MSI for support and all they say is send in the laptop to the service center which is nearly 3000km away.  What will that do?  Confirm that the vbios isn't designed correctly? Then what?  Send it back with a new 1070 which will no doubt suffer the same issues...  I have yet to get through to the Australian MSI service center which seems to be engaged every time I have called (which given the hours I can only do in my lunch breaks from work).

Still using the chinese vbios which worries me that it might be doing damage over time.  I want a genuine one from MSI that works!

falkentyne

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #26 on: 30-April-17, 05:44:06 »

Use the chinese Vbios.  Works well AND the part number is HIGHER than the bios MSI removed.
86.04.5b.00.8a.

chazman4494

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #27 on: 01-May-17, 03:16:43 »

So I just bought this laptop on Ebay. And Some of my games were crashing. Like GTA 5, World of Tanks.. 

GTA 5,, would go to a Yellow Static screen, then the laptop would reset.
WOT would just stop then the laptop would reset.

Sometime the laptop would not fully boot. And I would see a small line of garbage across the screen.

So I just updated my VBios, and now GTA did not crash during the bench mark test. And I have been playing for about 30- minutes no crash!

So thank you to everyone who posted the fix and offered help!! I was about to send it back to MSI..  Glad I don't have to now..

Here is a Pic of the Crash in GTA 5..

avicrysis

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #28 on: 02-May-17, 17:19:23 »

Dude U r legend ! 

The VBIOS update worked like charm. No overwatch crash, no gta v crash, no deus ex crash. etc. 
This is amazing bro. Thank you for sharing. Very much appreciated.

a.boer

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #29 on: 17-May-17, 12:20:40 »

Hi,

I bought a GT62VR 7RE (4K) notebook.
I got multiple crashes in games. I tried to update the VBIOS, but got an error before flashing (see picture).
MSI Support doesn't help, they only sends the URL of this topic.

Anyone got some advice to flash the bios of this forum and get the notebook stable?

Thanks!

falkentyne

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #30 on: 17-May-17, 14:18:27 »

Run NVflash manually.
there are commandline switches to avoid vendor check and that ID thing.

a.boer

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #31 on: 17-May-17, 15:08:13 »

Hi,

I did run it manually with the -6 parameter.
Can't find another one to fix the GPU mismatch.

hugodrandrade

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #32 on: 17-May-17, 16:07:11 »

Dude U r legend !

The VBIOS update worked like charm. No overwatch crash, no gta v crash, no deus ex crash. etc.
This is amazing bro. Thank you for sharing. Very much appreciated.

So you are happy that your 1070gtx is limited to 1645mhz with some chinese bios that might damage your laptop?

Purchased an gt71vr 7re in march, had reboots using 3dMark and BulletStorm game, sent the laptop to msi, they installed BIOS 86.04.5B.00.82 and limits 1070 clock to 1443mhz.

Msi told me they are working with nvidia to resolve this issue, but it seems is taking a lot of time.

This needs to be in the official FAQ laptop page, for warning people that are interested in buying a msi laptop with 1070 gtx.

Does the vbios from april, 86.04.5B.00.44, works 100%?
« Last Edit: 18-May-17, 00:08:59 by hugodrandrade »

hugodrandrade

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #33 on: 18-May-17, 03:24:31 »

The Boost Clock of GeForce GTX1070 is around 1645MHz. Maybe MSI thermal design and the power module are far better than other brand products and let GPU to reach the over SPEC frequency.

The dell R15, among other brands, the 1070 can reach 1900mhz wtih default clock, so is not over SPEC frequency.

For those with chinese vbios 1650mhz, your graphics card was designed to reach 1900mhz with default clock.

Dont accept that solution to fix your 2000€ laptop, we need to show that we are not happy with this situation.

"The render test of GPU-Z was executed with up to 1900 MHz in the case of the GT62VR"

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-GT62VR-6RE-Dominator-Pro-Notebook-Review.171215.0.html

Nvidia "only" advertises a Turbo range of 1443-1645 MHz, but the chip can reach up to 1900 MHz (GPU-Z Render test)

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Alienware-15-R3-Notebook-Review.196584.0.html

falkentyne

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #34 on: 18-May-17, 04:05:04 »

Can you stop spamming every forum and post in the world with the same crap?  We heard you the first time, and no one here cares about your nonstop whining.
If you don't like your laptop, RMA it and buy something else.  And STOP SPAMMING over and over.

hugodrandrade

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #35 on: 18-May-17, 04:33:45 »

Can you stop spamming every forum and post in the world with the same crap?  We heard you the first time, and no one here cares about your nonstop whining.
If you don't like your laptop, RMA it and buy something else.  And STOP SPAMMING over and over.

You are not kind to other people are you?

Ive already sent my brand new MSI laptop to MSI to fix this issue, thank you for your advice.

If theres five different threads with different users and specs talking about the same problem, why cant i use the other threads?

I shared information and my opinion, on different threads, and tried help others. You call that Spam?

And your spam post is what?

The problem with todays people: they let companies release defective expensive products, and they are happy with them.

P.S

Lets hope your two msi laptops never break, because if they do, and MSI doesnt fix them, this is what karma is my friend.

Karma. Never forget it.

digi02_fladramon

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #36 on: 18-May-17, 22:18:13 »

I don't want to be sound dumb but is there a custom vBios similar for 1060 users, or am I completely SoL and sufffer for further TDRs? :(

hugodrandrade

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #37 on: 18-May-17, 23:53:58 »

I don't want to be sound dumb but is there a custom vBios similar for 1060 users, or am I completely SoL and sufffer for further TDRs? :(

You are having the same crash problem with your 1060 laptop? whats your laptop?

hugodrandrade

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #38 on: 19-May-17, 02:26:52 »

Guys thanks for the feedback!

Fixed for me:

1- First Updated to latest bios for my GT72VR 7RE plus EC firmware
2- Installed the new 86.04.5B.00.44 vbios
3- Updated win10 to creators update, installed latest drivers.
4- In dragon center used custom fan speeds (advanced) to never go over 70c.

Now 1070 boosts to 1822mhz (not 1850mhz) stable no more crashes.

Almost 99% of people, including me, confirms that the removed vbios 86.04.5B.00.44, does indeed crash.

And goes to 1900mhz or more while boosting, same as before, not the 1882 limit you are saying.

Are you really certain of what are you saying?

Update! I've tested the new VBIOS on my GT62VE 6RE Dom Pro and it has been working near flawlessly.

1. There is a small lag of 1-2 frames between when the GPU needs power and when the GPU actually gets power. Not a big deal/ isn't intrusive.
2. I don't seem to be able to idle my GPU but this could be caused by something else. My GPU will not go below 1445MHz which is annoying when you're on battery.

I'll keep testing the vbios and I can't recommend it enough. If you have similar problems you should flash this vbios.

Runs flawlessly, yet you notice lag on frames and gpu does not go below 1445mhz...

Is that flawlessly?

Well, with this Vbios i'm freezing while playing Hitman :/.
I'm gonna try some other games.

Hitman game didnt crash with other vbios?

and is stable at even Max turbo settings (+200/+350).

Really? Theres other user saying it crashes at max turbo, who is telling the truth?

Hello, i'm trying this vBios and at this time it work good on my GT72VR-6RE

One crash in Max turbo settings (+200/+350).

Crash using max turbo...

hello , i got crash on my gt72vr....273.  120hertz, g-synch
who know where the problem come from ?
i did flash this bios, don t know if i did right

Another crash...

the only issue is a tiny stutter that happens randomly.  Very minor but still...

Another user confirms this:

"1. There is a small lag of 1-2 frames between when the GPU needs power and when the GPU actually gets power. Not a big deal/ isn't intrusive."

Two reports of stutter/lag on frames, with this vbios.

Conclusion:

After reading this feedback, i dont know how everyone can say that this chinese vbios is working 100%.

Other thing, theres in fact lots of people with 1070 laptop working fine with every avaliable vbios...

Explain that to me.

digi02_fladramon

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #39 on: 19-May-17, 03:17:18 »

You are having the same crash problem with your 1060 laptop? whats your laptop?
GS63VR 7RF

I was hoping there'd be a temporal fix such as the custom vBios stated in this thread (but for the said GTX I have), but I'm still looking for any kind of solution that I may find.

a.boer

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #40 on: 19-May-17, 04:45:51 »

I just tried the VBIOS update again with other parameters. This doesn't work. I also tried another older VBIOS from msi GT62VR site, this updates fine. The problems exist unfortunately.

Someone got any advice to get this Vbios updated? Still got the GPU MISMATCH error with my Gt62VR 7RE.

hugodrandrade

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #41 on: 20-May-17, 03:21:26 »

GS63VR 7RF

I was hoping there'd be a temporal fix such as the custom vBios stated in this thread (but for the said GTX I have), but I'm still looking for any kind of solution that I may find.

Use the warranty, send to MSI, if they dont fix the issue, ask for the money back or new laptop.

Its simple, dont complicate it.

I just tried the VBIOS update again with other parameters. This doesn't work. I also tried another older VBIOS from msi GT62VR site, this updates fine. The problems exist unfortunately.

Someone got any advice to get this Vbios updated? Still got the GPU MISMATCH error with my Gt62VR 7RE.

Im sorry, i dont know how to help you.

You are trying to update with chinese vbios? or other official vbios?

I give you the same advice to the other user, use the warranty, send it to msi, if they dont fix the issue, ask for the money.

a.boer

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #42 on: 20-May-17, 06:49:56 »

Thanks for the reply.
I asked an RMA number. UPS will ship the notebook to Poland on Monday.
Support says the need to update the VBios and perform some motherboard modifications.

hugodrandrade

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #43 on: 24-May-17, 21:29:49 »

Thanks for the reply.
I asked an RMA number. UPS will ship the notebook to Poland on Monday.
Support says the need to update the VBios and perform some motherboard modifications.

They probably will install VBIOS .82 and that limits the GPU to 1443MHZ, thats what MSI did to my laptop.

There are folks reporting that new laptops with build 2017 (K1701N, K1702N, K1703N, and so on) are indeed working fine.

Build K1608, K1609N, and so on, are defective units.

Give feedback when your laptop arrive.

geoffrey.wong

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #44 on: 29-May-17, 14:40:56 »

First off, I have to say, this VIOS Works! gotta give it to the developer/creator.
I get the crash every game, and now, no more crash, not single one after this VBIOS update.

But I do have to agree with hugodrandrade.
This laptop is expensive for my lifestyle.
I bought this because I expect near perfection when it comes to what I need. I shelled out big bucks for a great, FAIR gaming experience.
But, obviously, I got the crashing issue all because of BAD MSI VBIOS. I f*ckng hate it.  I feel like I'm being cheated by MSI because of this issue.
I'm not getting what I paid for.
MSI Support just said to return the laptop to where I bought it. yep..

This issue needs to be a top priority by MSI. 
And all affected users shouldn't settle for less.

There should be an announcement or anything.
But it feels like the consumer announces this for them.

Thinking of switching my GT62VR to an Alienware. 
And I do tell my friends and acquaintances that MSI GT series sucks. Because well, it does for me. sad..  I don't go into detail that this issue is for 1070s. I just tell them if they ask, that based on my experience, MSI is stressing. 
Well MSI, that's what you get in the real world. 
I don't hate MSI, just disappointed with what I've got.

Pretty sure other models are great, but hey, if people ate a bad french fry in Mcdonalds, most of the time, those people will say, "I don't like those fries", instead, "I don't like Mcdonalds".
Peace!

falkentyne

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #45 on: 29-May-17, 18:15:57 »

Geoffrey,
The vbios isn't bad.  The problem isn't with MSI directly.  The problem was Nvidia releases some 1070 cards with had problems with the "boost 2" clocks.  The 8A Bios disables the boost 2 clocks that occur above the boost clocks.  Most of the 2017/Gen7 models have a newer revision of the GTX 1070 which fixes this problem.

hugodrandrade

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #46 on: 30-May-17, 03:27:56 »

First off, I have to say, this VIOS Works! gotta give it to the developer/creator.
I get the crash every game, and now, no more crash, not single one after this VBIOS update.

But I do have to agree with hugodrandrade.
This laptop is expensive for my lifestyle.
I bought this because I expect near perfection when it comes to what I need. I shelled out big bucks for a great, FAIR gaming experience.
But, obviously, I got the crashing issue all because of BAD MSI VBIOS. I f*ckng hate it.  I feel like I'm being cheated by MSI because of this issue.
I'm not getting what I paid for.
MSI Support just said to return the laptop to where I bought it. yep..

This issue needs to be a top priority by MSI.
And all affected users shouldn't settle for less.

There should be an announcement or anything.
But it feels like the consumer announces this for them.

Thinking of switching my GT62VR to an Alienware.
And I do tell my friends and acquaintances that MSI GT series sucks. Because well, it does for me. sad..  I don't go into detail that this issue is for 1070s. I just tell them if they ask, that based on my experience, MSI is stressing.
Well MSI, that's what you get in the real world.
I don't hate MSI, just disappointed with what I've got.

Pretty sure other models are great, but hey, if people ate a bad french fry in Mcdonalds, most of the time, those people will say, "I don't like those fries", instead, "I don't like Mcdonalds".
Peace!

Thank you so much man !

It seems everyone is happy with this "solution" for their 1900/2000 € laptop, how can people be happy with this "solution" ?

And someday MSI will release a new vbios to "fix" this issue, and you know what is going to do?

The same as the chinese vbios i bet, they will limit the graphics card power, and thats no solution by any means !

The real solution is to replace the GPU or the laptop, simple as that !

-----------------------

Geoffrey,
The vbios isn't bad.  The problem isn't with MSI directly.  

Sure, but its not the client´s fault either, and msi told me to wait for a vbios - so i see im waiting for nothing, since the gpu is defective and a new vbios is only going to limit its power to fix this issue.

The problem was Nvidia releases some 1070 cards with had problems with the "boost 2" clocks.  The 8A Bios disables the boost 2 clocks that occur above the boost clocks.

Right. So what will they do to fix this? Disable boost 2 clocks on a new official vbios as well?

Most of the 2017/Gen7 models have a newer revision of the GTX 1070 which fixes this problem.

How do you know this and whats the new revision number? 1.2? is there a way to check the revision of the gpu?

geoffrey.wong

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #47 on: 30-May-17, 09:14:34 »

Geoffrey,
The vbios isn't bad.  The problem isn't with MSI directly.  The problem was Nvidia releases some 1070 cards with had problems with the "boost 2" clocks.  The 8A Bios disables the boost 2 clocks that occur above the boost clocks.  Most of the 2017/Gen7 models have a newer revision of the GTX 1070 which fixes this problem.

Well, that's where MSI QA team comes into play.
QA,  then sell to public.
But I guess most companies today do the "release the product and let the public show the problems to us" thing.
Anyway, from my standpoint, I hate what happened to my gaming laptop, and this laptop happens to be an MSI.  Will warn people.

web

• CORPORAL
« Reply #48 on: 30-May-17, 11:45:38 »

Hi All!

My story:

I have GT73VR with 1070 with vbios 86.04.56.00.3A, in gaming GPU up to 1850MHz and... Nvidea driver not answer.
Also at the graphic adapter  was very audible throttle.
I  Flash the VBIOS 86.04.5B.00.8A with up 1645MHz.

The game all went, but when raising the frequencies to the GPU to 1845, in some games there were freezing.

I gave it to the service center to replace the video card. A new 1070 came (it's interesting that with the same ID and month / year of release), but the throttle was not audible at all . And yes .... vbois was  .82 with a limit of up to 1443MHZ.

Well, Flash new card (or not new?) on the vbios, which MSI on the site - the system hangs in the games.

I Flash on VBIOS 86.04.5B.00.8A (1645MHz), overclocked a little until 1845 and everything is fine, there are no freezing in those games where it was. The throttle can not be heard, everything is Ок. 

I apologize for my bad English

hugodrandrade

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #49 on: 31-May-17, 03:41:25 »

Well, that's where MSI QA team comes into play.
QA,  then sell to public.
But I guess most companies today do the "release the product and let the public show the problems to us" thing.
Anyway, from my standpoint, I hate what happened to my gaming laptop, and this laptop happens to be an MSI.  Will warn people.

Hey Geoff,

You will not try to ask for refund? or repair/new laptop?

Hi All! My story: I have GT73VR with 1070 with vbios 86.04.56.00.3A, in gaming GPU up to 1850MHz and... Nvidea driver not answer. Also at the graphic adapter was very audible throttle. I Flash the VBIOS 86.04.5B.00.8A with up 1645MHz. The game all went, but when raising the frequencies to the GPU to 1845, in some games there were freezing. I gave it to the service center to replace the video card. A new 1070 came (it's interesting that with the same ID and month / year of release), but the throttle was not audible at all . And yes .... vbois was .82 with a limit of up to 1443MHZ. Well, Flash new card (or not new?) on the vbios, which MSI on the site - the system hangs in the games. I Flash on VBIOS 86.04.5B.00.8A (1645MHz), overclocked a little until 1845 and everything is fine, there are no freezing in those games where it was. The throttle can not be heard, everything is Ок. I apologize for my bad English

Thank you for feedback.

Please tell me the first digits of serial number, you can check in the box, "K1609N", for example.

I need this to check the build date.

MSI did not replace your laptop, all they did was install .82 vbios.

What program are you using to overclock?
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up