Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI PE60 6QE slow  (Read 686 times)

wanfurqaanTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
MSI PE60 6QE slow
« on: 20-May-17, 02:12:58 »

Hi everyone,

I recently bought my laptop in February this year but seem to face issues with it.

I seem to be having the same problems as this guy.
But there seem to not be any solutions to it.
I've tried everything from updating all the drivers (bios and windows), enabling the GPU in all mode, constantly in high performance mode to reset to factory setting. But everything fails.
Im not using a SSD but that dosen't explain the constant wait time to open anything as i have another laptop with only a HDD that can open programs faster then my PE60.

Anyone can help?

runningman

• CAPTAIN
« Reply #1 on: 23-May-17, 12:16:33 »

Hi, if you don't mind you can post the system configuration which can be exported by MSI Help Desk.
http://download.msi.com/uti_exe/nb/helpdesk.zip

And do you have specific example of the slow response of system?

Besides, I would suggest to uninstall old IRST driver and install the newer version 15.2.0.1020.
Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver
https://service.msicomputer.com/msi_user/support/TechFAQdetail.aspx?formid=3353

wanfurqaanTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 24-May-17, 07:10:33 »

I've attached the system configuration as an attachment.

An example of slow is that when i tried to open a folder, any folder, it would take a good 5 second to load up, even though the folder is empty. Open music files also would take a good 5 second to open windows media player and then another 5 second for the song to play. Doing simple photoshop of also would be slow.
The exact same problem with this

I've reinstalled IRST, but still the respond time is slow.

runningman

• CAPTAIN
« Reply #3 on: 06-June-17, 02:46:51 »

Hi, the weaker points of your hardware configuration are HDD and memory, you only have 4GB memory and WIN10 is installed in a traditional SATA HDD.
The worst thing is WDC WD10JPVX-22JC3T0 RPM is only 5400 RPM.  7200 RPM HDD is the better option.
https://www.wdc.com/en-um/products/internal-storage/wd-blue-mobile.html

It would be better to install a SSD and increase memory module to 8GB.

As for software configuration, these are the items you can update.

1. EC Firmware 110
https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/PE60-6QE.html#down-firmware

2. Nahimic
https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/PE60-6QE.html#down-utility&Win10 64

3. "Uninstall INTEL and Nvidia graphic, 
(1). Uninstall Nvidia graphic driver by DDU.
(2). Uninstall INTEL graphic from Windows control panel.
Disconnect network, restart.
(3).Install new INTEL graphic driver.
(4).Install new Nvidia graphic driver."
 Intel Graphics Driver 15.45.18.4664
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26772/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-
Nvidia  382.33
http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/119403
How to clean install NVIDIA VGA driver?
https://asset.msi.com/global/picture/faq/10016371@2016-0222-0237-468661@FAQ0000000002110-EN.pdf

4. Synaptics TouchPad Driver 19.0.22.4
https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/PE60-6QE.html#down-driver&Win10 64

windfall_it1996

• CORPORAL
« Reply #4 on: 02-September-17, 01:28:31 »

Am having the same problem as this guy, and there seems to be nobody to help. 
Should be a partially defective HDD installed.
I don't think RAM or even read-speed of HDD plays a part in this absurd delays/slowness in loading things up,, because it's not a usual type of slow.

FYI my system has 128GB SSD + 12GB RAM + Western Digital HDD + GTX960M 
1) Compared to my old Acer, with 4GB RAM+1TB HDD (without SSD), OR even any other normal laptops with 5400RPM standard HDD, anything/everything in the HDD of my MSI loads slow or have slight 1-5 seconds delay at some point of time. Everything in my old Acer laptop everything loads way faster. (TRUST ME IT'S TRUE)
2) Without SSD, booting up the system feels like ages, slower than ANY OLD PC I HAVE. Takes more than 10 minutes++ for the notebook to run smoothly.
3) Sent to friggin Service Center, and they simply come up with answer saying my MSI has virus. (DUDE IT'S NEW AND I DON'T DO ANYTHING TO IT) So they reformatted for me, and BOOM, still same slow as ever.
4) At the end, return to the Service Center, installed a SSD and ask them move my Windows system files into it.

@runningman, thanks for trying to help. But, I believe you do not understand the actual situation. If I'm not having this problem myself, I won't even believe such thing either, I'd probably thought the user hogged up the disk drives or something. But NO, it is real, the delay and slowness is real. Try booting up an intel Atom netbook with 2GB of RAM and you will understand our pain :( It is as slow as that. However, running any programs that does not have to do with loading/writing disk drives is smooth as usual thanks to the i7-6700HQ & GTX960M

Sorry if I might sound rude, because I'm just pissed off by this crappy MSI. How are we so unlucky to be one of the thousands to get this kind of lemon unit?! BUT thank God, I installed SSD, so HDD now just plays a minor part for me.

compsolve

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #5 on: 04-September-17, 08:48:04 »

G'day,

I can understand your frustration.

I upgraded from a 128gb SSD to a 250gb SSD quite soon after purchase.

One suggestion that you've likely tried: Go into Device Manager. Open every item and Update Driver. Use the "Search Online" function. It's going to take some time to do, but I've found numerous drivers in need of updating regularly. I now do this at least once a month. The performance of my system has improved most times.

Be careful of automatic driver update software. Many are full of Trojans and the like. You should be able to check a file or website on VirusTotal There's an add-on for Chrome called VTChromizer (Chrome Store) I use quite frequently. You can use it to scan a link to a page, or, a download before you actually use the link. Very handy!

I'm not trying to teach you to "suck eggs." It's just basic System Maintenance and hygiene.

Also consider using a program such as Secunia PSI to keep other software and drivers up to date automatically. It's available from Bleeping Computer (Malware Cleaning Site) in their Downloads section (Just type Secunia in the search bar when in the downloads section.) I find it extremely useful and it's free. They will also do their best to assist with Malware Diagnosis and Cleaning. Just be sure to READ THE RULES and follow them before requesting assistance. I believe they also have a section that deals with performance issues.

You may also want to make sure your RAM isn't mismatched.

Are you running Defrag on your HDD? No need to run on the SSD.

On the O/S side have you tried opening an Admin Command Prompt and running SFC /SCANNOW - This checks your system for missing system files on Windows.

After you've run the SystemFileCheck above you could try one of the DISM Commands. For Win 10 you could try: DISM /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth  -  That also needs to be run from an Administrator Command Prompt and you need to be online. It checks your Windows Image against a known good version and should repair Image Corruption to some extent.

Have you run a Chkdsk on your HDD? Open the properties page for the HDD and select CHECK DISK FOR ERRORS. It should run following a reboot.

I'm running a PE60 6QE also. I have had some unusual issues with Malware, but other than that it's a good little unit.

Here are my specs:

Product Name:                 PE60 6QE
BIOS Version:                 E16J5IMS.114
BIOS Release Date:            2016/04/29
EC Version:                   16J5EMS2.1060307201610:48:51
CPU:                          Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
Memory:                       16 GB @ 1066 MHz
                               - 8192 MB, DDR4-2133    
                               - 8192 MB, DDR4-2133  
Graphics:                     NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M, 2048 MB
Graphics:                     Intel(R) HD Graphics 530, 1024 MB
Drive:                        HDD, WDC WD10JPVX-22JC3T0, 931.51 GB
Drive:                        SSD, Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB, 232.89 GB

(I'm about to Update my BIOS and EC Firmware.)  Thanks for the reminder runningman

My Security Setup:

Kaspersky Total 2018 (Main)
VoodooShield version 3.59
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 2.2.1.1043

On Demand:

HitmanPro 3.7.20.286
RogueKiller version 12.11.12.0
SUPERAntiSpyware version 6.0.1244
Adaware 17.0.0.0
JRT - not sure of the version.

I'm considering installing Memprotect and Bouncer. (Don't play around with these unless you know what you're doing. Bouncer can "Brick" your system if misconfigured!!)

I hope this gives you a little bit to consider, and that it helps.

Good luck with everything.
"Any fool can know. The point is to understand."

Albert Einstein
Pages: [1]   Go Up