Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any new X399 BIOS yet? Svet?  (Read 125 times)

This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

ssatenethTopic starter

• SERGEANT
Any new X399 BIOS yet? Svet?
« on: 12-October-17, 15:42:43 »

This post mostly aimed at Svet since he seems to be the BIOS guy around here, since he posted the latest working X399 beta BIOS (1.62), since 1.63 has a POST beep issue that causes it to take way too long to get through the POST sequence if RAM speed selected is anything higher than 2133.

So is there a new X399 beta bios floating around internally that I could grab please? Also hoping VDDP voltage slider can be added soon (not to be confused with CLDO_VDDP. Asrock calls it VDDCR_SOC_S5).

Primary reason asking is I cannot reliably get above 2933MHz RAM working as it'll through out random BSOD's  (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL). Ram is samsung b-die, set up to run up to 3600MHz, but anything with 3066+ causes BSOD issues, even using relaxed auto timings, ram volts tried 1.35v to 1.5v, SoC tried AUTO and 0.9 to 1.3v, Stock CPU clocks with both AUTO volts and set voltage from 1v to 1.5v tried (temperatures are fine, die temp floats from 12-60c depending on severity of load and liquid temperatures [yes my liquid really goes get that cold])

So was hoping a new BIOS could help alleviate some of these issues im getting.
Board: X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
BIOS:  1.62 Beta
VGA:   EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
PSU:  Seasonic X1250 1250W (104A 12v rail)
CPU:  AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
MEM: 4x16GB, 3600MHz G.Skill Trident Z F4-3600C17Q-64GTZKW

HDD/SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 2 TB
COOLER: Custom loop (EK Threadripper block)
Keyboard: Logitech K120 USB
Mouse: Logitech G403 USB
OC: 4.2 Ghz @ 1.45v

Nichrome

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: 12-October-17, 16:30:49 »

Hmm could it be that above 2667MHz is overclocking and no one guarantees this to work?
https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-threadripper-1950x
[ IMAGE NOT SHOWN - GUESTS CANNOT VIEW ATTACHED IMAGES ]
I only take responsibility for what I say, not for what you understand.  Any posts are my own views!

ssatenethTopic starter

• SERGEANT
« Reply #2 on: 12-October-17, 19:19:40 »

Hmm could it be that above 2667MHz is overclocking and no one guarantees this to work?
https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-threadripper-1950x
[ IMAGE NOT SHOWN - GUESTS CANNOT VIEW ATTACHED IMAGES ]
Yes I know, anything above the stock configuration and specifications is not guaranteed, we can't help, etc etc. Doesn't help that when AMD sent out their threadripper review kit suitcases to reviewers containing gskill RAM kits that ran at 3200MHz and AMD expected the reviewers to run them at 3200MHz and not 'stock' speeds.

There have also been lots of bios updates deployed by MSI that contain 'memory compatibility enhancements' or something to that degree; I don't suppose these 'enhancements' are just for stock speeds too, eh?

I mean sure, I appreciate the attempt to helping, I guess. Could I get a second opinion from someone from the BIOS department though please? I already sent in a ticket to MSI technical help, but they aren't any help. They don't even know that they have beta BIOS available, they just say "1.5 is the latest" when it obviously isn't.

Board: X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
BIOS:  1.62 Beta
VGA:   EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
PSU:  Seasonic X1250 1250W (104A 12v rail)
CPU:  AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
MEM: 4x16GB, 3600MHz G.Skill Trident Z F4-3600C17Q-64GTZKW

HDD/SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 2 TB
COOLER: Custom loop (EK Threadripper block)
Keyboard: Logitech K120 USB
Mouse: Logitech G403 USB
OC: 4.2 Ghz @ 1.45v

Nichrome

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 12-October-17, 20:14:19 »

Latest available BETA is still v1.63
I only take responsibility for what I say, not for what you understand.  Any posts are my own views!
Marked as best solution by ssateneth on 14-October-17, 13:58:12

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 13-October-17, 01:00:39 »

While Svet handles the custom BIOS section....
I've been maintaining all the BETA BIOS threads (AM4, X299, X399). 

If there were any new BIOS's available to post, I would post them. Unfortunately, the last time there was an update on our source was early last week. There's not much we can do about that. If MSI isn't going to provide it to us, we can't provide them to you.

The best I can suggest (which it looks like you've already done), is to contact MSI directly about it.

Regarding the reviewer kits....Stop and think about it for a minute. Do you think AMD is going to send out half baked samples to reviewers? Of course they are going to send out cherry picked CPU's and memory kits that they have personally checked to verify they work at high speeds. That's how you generate buzz and get users interested in your products. 

Reality has to eventually kick in, and realize that not everyone is going to get those high speeds. Look at Ryzen and how poor the general memory support has been there and reaching the proper memory speeds. Many users are still stuck at 2667 to 2933 MHz. Realistically, this is AMD's first round of DDR4 memory controllers. To expect them to hit 3200+ speeds on their first try is crazy. Even Intel didn't do that with the X99 and eventual Z170 boards.....

As far as BIOS features are concerned, you'll need to talk to MSI support about it. See : >>How to contact MSI.<<
There's pretty much nothing we can do in that regard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up