Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI GS60 Windows 10 Lag/Freeze Issue  (Read 4246 times)

vidanaomardTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
MSI GS60 Windows 10 Lag/Freeze Issue
« on: 29-August-15, 05:57:11 »

Hello,

I'm using Windows 10 Pro on an MSI GS60 2PC, with an NVIDIA GTX 860M graphics card, Intel 4600 integrated graphics, 12 GB of RAM, 1 TB HDD, and 120 GB SSD.

My system freezes every 3-15 minutes no matter what I'm doing. For instance, if I'm watching a video, playing a game, or simply browsing the internet, the pointer stops moving, then after a second or two it goes back to normal.

I also discovered that every time I change the wallpaper, or click on the battery icon on the task bar it triggers the freeze. But the MOST IMPORTANT THING IS, I noticed that the LED indicator on my laptop blinks BLUE-ORANGE-BLUE, which means that the graphics cards are switching between [INTEGRATED INTEL--NVIDIA--INTEGRATED INTEL]. This happens every time it freezes! no wonder why my computer goes crazy!

I removed Intel graphics card driver and the lag never happened again, but I lost my control over screen brightness and refresh rate. There is clearly something wrong with the graphics card switching plan ,or compatibility issues between Intel and NVIDIA.

Has anybody had this problem and successfully fixed it?
« Last Edit: 29-August-15, 13:03:48 by vidanaomard »

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: 29-August-15, 12:54:38 »

Sounds more like a driver issue than anything else.
Have you checked to make sure you have the latest drivers for each installed?

vidanaomardTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 30-August-15, 16:46:13 »

Yes, making sure the drivers were up to date was the first think I checked.

Is anybody running windows 10 on an MSI GS60 without problems?

hchg

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL
« Reply #3 on: 01-September-15, 05:45:59 »

Mind to share how you do the upgrade?
With the Get Win10 app? or the Windows ISO file?

Also, since Windows Update always keeps the system updated with the latest driver.
It's possible that the VGA driver is updated automatically without your notice.

Can you share the version of the VGA driver which caused the freeze? How did you update it? (from MSI website? or running Windows Update?)

cono2le

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #4 on: 03-September-15, 07:48:31 »

Definitely sounds like a driver issue. I'm running a GS60 (Ghost Pro) and upgraded to Windows 10 about 3 weeks ago using the standard update feature in the task bar (not the ISO).

It's probably worth reverting back to Windows 8.1 (Start > Settings > Update > Recovery > Revert) - Let your PC sit for a while, check that the freeze doesn't repeat then try a fresh install of Windows 10.

Windows 10 is still a bit buggy, I've already had some driver update issues (specifically NVIDIA won't update) and also wifi issues (won't recognise the IP of any wifi and won't connect). So it might be worth waiting a while before upgrading.

marctjohnson

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #5 on: 09-September-15, 20:07:38 »

cono2le, I am having that Limited Network issue via WiFi as well after upgrading to Windows 10.  Ironically, I first noticed it trying to got to the Microsoft Outlook site.  I ran a speed test(s) and noticed it would download, but then would time out uploading.  Plugging in via Ethernet worked great upload and download! Unbelievable speeds, not sure it was a fluke yet.  I attempted to install all of the latest MSI drivers, but to no avail.  In fact I got the new new version of the "Blue Screen of Death".  I haven't seen that thing since the early XP days.

I am now back in Windows 8.1 for the third time.  What shall I try next.

Bossster

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #6 on: 21-November-15, 01:47:02 »

Hey man, I have the exact same issue on my 2PE Ghost Pro, been there from the beginning of Windows 10, is still there, MS fixed jack sh*t. Only recently they fixed the DTS interactive issue, but that is another matter.
It's driving me nuts so I reverted back to 8.1 again and voila - smooth as butter again. On newer notebooks with Maxwells this doesn't happen. Praying for some fix soon.

mkamran1967

• CORPORAL
« Reply #7 on: 21-November-16, 17:46:17 »

Hello,

I'm using Windows 10 Pro on an MSI GS60 2PC, with an NVIDIA GTX 860M graphics card, Intel 4600 integrated graphics, 12 GB of RAM, 1 TB HDD, and 120 GB SSD.

My system freezes every 3-15 minutes no matter what I'm doing. For instance, if I'm watching a video, playing a game, or simply browsing the internet, the pointer stops moving, then after a second or two it goes back to normal.

I also discovered that every time I change the wallpaper, or click on the battery icon on the task bar it triggers the freeze. But the MOST IMPORTANT THING IS, I noticed that the LED indicator on my laptop blinks BLUE-ORANGE-BLUE, which means that the graphics cards are switching between [INTEGRATED INTEL--NVIDIA--INTEGRATED INTEL]. This happens every time it freezes! no wonder why my computer goes crazy!

I removed Intel graphics card driver and the lag never happened again, but I lost my control over screen brightness and refresh rate. There is clearly something wrong with the graphics card switching plan ,or compatibility issues between Intel and NVIDIA.

Has anybody had this problem and successfully fixed it?

my new laptop has this :/ did you ever find a fix? GE72VR Apache Pro with Intel i7 530 HD grapchis and GTX 1060
I got that one computer with problems. :bonk:

thuytran801

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #8 on: 28-December-16, 10:55:47 »

I'm so glad to find this thread! I bought a new GE62VR laptop last week, and I am having the same issues. I am thinking of returning it for another model, or a different brand. But if all the other gaming laptops come with two cards like this one, then they probably have the same problem.

Have anyone ever found a fix for this? Please let me know. Also, the laptop comes with Windows 10 pre-installed, so it's not like I can revert it back to 8.1.

evo85210

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
    • http://www.youtube.com/oxproskillzxo
« Reply #9 on: 05-January-17, 06:59:55 »

To be accurate, it's called a micro-stutter, i have the same problem with my brand new gs63
one thing you could try it update all your drivers and utilities.
after upgrading to the lastest windows, drivers and utilities, my micro-stutter seems to be happening less frequent

most likely a software problem, i'm planning to do a clean install soon, hopefully that'll completely solve my problems.

siemenss48

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #10 on: 20-April-17, 14:29:52 »

MSI GS63 VR 7RF такая же проблема , периодически происходит зависание мыши на 1 секунду. Решение только одно  это включить 1 графическую карту интел или нвидиа

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: 20-April-17, 16:10:07 »

MSI GS63 VR 7RF такая же проблема , периодически происходит зависание мыши на 1 секунду. Решение только одно  это включить 1 графическую карту интел или нвидиа

This is an english speaking forum. See : >>Please read and comply with the Forum Rules.<<
Pages: [1]   Go Up