Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI H170A PC MATE and problems with IO  (Read 201 times)

pavelmorozovTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
MSI H170A PC MATE and problems with IO
« on: 16-April-17, 14:09:38 »

I got new motherboard and build PC. Configuration can be found here https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=284988.0

While work in VirtualBox I got an error about IO problem from my host (Skype says it have to be closed). My virtual machine stored on system SSD and looks like HDDs are turned off sometimes as not used. Just before error message I hear HDD starts disk rotation.

After that workstation still accepts mouse and keyboard input, but starts to close applications or hangs and crash to reboot at last, But cannot boot, as system drive not found (SSD)!

I shut down PC by power button, and start it in a few seconds. Now system SSD drive can be found in BIOS and OS loads. It could be relevant to VirtualBox, but as I not see SSD in BIOS it looks like hardware problem. Right? This already happen with me second time for 3 days I use this configuration.

The issue could be not the motherboard problem. Though have to say I have a PC for about a year and motherboard on it died last week after BIOS update. This motherboard now in repair service. I take new one MSI H170A PC MATE, and now have problem with IO described. All other hardware from previous workstation, and there was no any similar IO problem.

What steps can be done to get the problem root? I cannot get anything better then just play with hard drives (turn them off one by one). But as this happen after few hours of work, it is not easy to catch the right moment.

pavelmorozovTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #1 on: 21-April-17, 10:36:24 »

Still cannot resolve the issue but got some statistic.

I set the OS to rotating HDD, and left SSD to ensure will it crash or not, and it works stable. I put scheduler task with 3 files (30Gb) parallel copy to SSD every hour. Works fine for few days (I not shutdown - PC works 24 hours).

In my work I use Oracle VirtualBox software and after I put the Virtual Mashine images to SSD it crashes as was before. SSD disappears from OS and after reboot BIOS not see it either. So now I know it crashes when run virtual box image from SSD. When virtual mashines are run from HDD system stable. I tried latest VirtualBox version and downgrade to older I used before. Same problem - SSD disappears.

Same SSD (and other hardware!) was used to run same OS and VirtualMachines with other motherboard (GA-H110M-S2PV DDR4) and worked stable. Any Intel/MSI update or driver hotfix? Could it be happen because of newer chipset H170 instead of H110 ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up