Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Fix for GTX970/980 Fans Randomly Turning On issue  (Read 108878 times)

CalinTM

• FIRST LIEUTENANT
« Reply #50 on: 12-November-14, 15:03:10 »

U did wrong uninstalling the driver.

Use DDU in safe mode to uninstall the nvidia drivers.

http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/
MB|MSI Z77A-GD65|| CPU|Intel® Core™ i7 3770K @4.5Ghz (Turbo OC) 0.9-1.22V + MX4|| RAM|Geil Black Dragon 4x4Gb 1866Mhz [XMP]|| GPU|MSi GTX680 Lightning 1267/3386 @+38mV|| PSU|Enermax Revolution 87+ 750W|| SSD|2x - Intel® 520 series 120Gb [AHCI, RST 13.1]|| CASE|CM 690 II Advanced Window Usb3.0|| Cooler CPU|Noctua NH-D14|| Speakers| Creative Inspire T6160 5.1|| Keyboard|Razer Anansi|| Mouse|Mionix Naos 8200|| Display|BenQ XL2411T [144Hz]|| OS|Windows 8.1 x64||

Zorder

• CORPORAL
« Reply #51 on: 12-November-14, 15:05:21 »

You only need to remove the display driver itself, you can leave everything else.

Alternatively you can go to Device Manager and temporarily disable the device (your video board).  If you aren't comfortable with that sort of thing then just uninstall/flash/reinstall.
Thanks for the replies both of you. I've done as you said and disabled the GPU via the Device Manager but when I choose to run the bat file as admin the cmd box opens and closes in a second. I assume something is not right since it didn't even asked me to press the "Y" key. Any ideas on what could be causing this?
Board: Asus VANGUARD B85
GPU: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
PSU: XFX Pro 650W Core Edition
CPU: i5-4460 3.2GHz 
MEM: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3-­1600MHz 8GB (2x4GB)
HDD: SSD Samsung 2.5" 840 Evo 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA III

Boogie37

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #52 on: 12-November-14, 15:07:50 »

mine starts with 03sb to so i assume 182 its the one i should use right?
Other thing is as i use ddu from nvidias forum, is it still ok to use it to remove drivers before flashing the bios?
I was about to download the new drivers as i saw .65 came out and i usually remove all with ddu before installing new version, so its a good time to flash the card at the same time.
While looking for s/n i opened the case and the fans indeed stop and start every few seconds as people mention both here and on nv forums.
Otherwise couldnt see it as i didnt watched the fan monitor in afterburner for a longer time so  :shocked_anim:
Btw as i write about AB i would need to disable/uninstall the afterburner too before flashing i guess? usually close it when installing drivers.
Sorry for the questions, never before was i forced to flash gpu bios so little scared aboout it  :shocked:
Main Board: MSI P67A-C45
Bios Version: AMI v5.1
Video Card: Msi GTX970 Gaming 4G
PSU:   Corsair TX650
12v rail Rating of listed PSU: 52A
CPU: Intel Corei5 2400
Memory: Corsair XMS3 6Gb 1333Mhz DDR3
SSD/ HDD: Kingston hyperx 3k 120gb, 2x seagate 2TB
CPU COOLER: Corsair H60 (the v2 new version)
Raid Card:none
Sound Card: Creative X-fi Titanium
Any Additional hardware plugged into your system: samsung dvdr burner
OC: that came with the card didnt oc further
Operating System: Win Pro 8.1

CalinTM

• FIRST LIEUTENANT
« Reply #53 on: 12-November-14, 15:13:00 »

mine starts with 03sb to so i assume 182 its the one i should use right?
Other thing is as i use ddu from nvidias forum, is it still ok to use it to remove drivers before flashing the bios?
I was about to download the new drivers as i saw .65 came out and i usually remove all with ddu before installing new version, so its a good time to flash the card at the same time.
While looking for s/n i opened the case and the fans indeed stop and start every few seconds as people mention both here and on nv forums.
Otherwise couldnt see it as i didnt watched the fan monitor in afterburner for a longer time so  :shocked_anim:
Btw as i write about AB i would need to disable/uninstall the afterburner too before flashing i guess? usually close it when installing drivers.
Sorry for the questions, never before was i forced to flash gpu bios so little scared aboout it  :shocked:

I uninstalled the driver in safe mode using DDU. Then booted normally, then disabled all software, including AB. Leaved all vanilla. Then clicked on the .bat file. With admin rights at firsrt. But doesnt work to right click and select "run as administrator", u need to just double click on it, and it will show a message and click ok.

Then the flashing procedure begins. Will prompt u to press y several times. Then the CMD window will close automatically. And u reboot the PC, then u install the drivers.

And ur good 2 go ! :hat tip:
MB|MSI Z77A-GD65|| CPU|Intel® Core™ i7 3770K @4.5Ghz (Turbo OC) 0.9-1.22V + MX4|| RAM|Geil Black Dragon 4x4Gb 1866Mhz [XMP]|| GPU|MSi GTX680 Lightning 1267/3386 @+38mV|| PSU|Enermax Revolution 87+ 750W|| SSD|2x - Intel® 520 series 120Gb [AHCI, RST 13.1]|| CASE|CM 690 II Advanced Window Usb3.0|| Cooler CPU|Noctua NH-D14|| Speakers| Creative Inspire T6160 5.1|| Keyboard|Razer Anansi|| Mouse|Mionix Naos 8200|| Display|BenQ XL2411T [144Hz]|| OS|Windows 8.1 x64||

boogeyman

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #54 on: 12-November-14, 15:21:34 »

Thanks for the replies both of you. I've done as you said and disabled the GPU via the Device Manager but when I choose to run the bat file as admin the cmd box opens and closes in a second. I assume something is not right since it didn't even asked me to press the "Y" key. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

No need to disable device, I didn't. No need to uninstall drivers in safe mode, I didn't. The instructions in the first post don't mention doing either of those. Follow the instruction in my post above if you want because it worked for me.
Windows 10 64 Bit
Intel i76700K @ 4.5 GHz
Asus Z170-A
Swiftech water cooling components
G. Skill  (2 X 8 GB)
MSI GTX 1080X Gaming 8G
Samsung 850EVO SSD, OS drive
2 x Asus 26" widescreen
Soundblaster Z
Logitech 5.1 sound
Logitech G502 mouse
Logitech G13

Zorder

• CORPORAL
« Reply #55 on: 12-November-14, 15:34:55 »

No need to disable device, I didn't. No need to uninstall drivers in safe mode, I didn't. The instructions in the first post don't mention doing either of those. Follow the instruction in my post above if you want because it worked for me.
Alright I'll give it a try. Also, why did you installed the 344.48 instead of the recent 344.65 drivers? Does the old driver have better performance for you?

boogeyman

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #56 on: 12-November-14, 15:37:42 »

Alright I'll give it a try. Also, why did you installed the 344.48 instead of the recent 344.65 drivers? Does the old driver have better performance for you?

I didn't have .65 downloaded at the time plus it's a game ready driver for the new games out which I don't own.
Windows 10 64 Bit
Intel i76700K @ 4.5 GHz
Asus Z170-A
G. Skill  (2 X 8 GB)
MSI GTX 1080X Gaming 8G
2 x Asus 26" widescreen
Soundblaster Z
Logitech 5.1 sound
Logitech G502 mouse
Logitech G13

Zorder

• CORPORAL
« Reply #57 on: 12-November-14, 16:04:19 »

I didn't have .65 downloaded at the time plus it's a game ready driver for the new games out which I don't own.
Got it, worked as it was supposed to and Live Update is showing version 182. Thank you for your help!

boogeyman

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #58 on: 12-November-14, 17:29:19 »

Got it, worked as it was supposed to and Live Update is showing version 182. Thank you for your help!

Glad you got it. After scanning in the system info tab mine also shows 182 now.
Windows 10 64 Bit
Intel i76700K @ 4.5 GHz
Asus Z170-A
G. Skill  (2 X 8 GB)
MSI GTX 1080X Gaming 8G
2 x Asus 26" widescreen
Soundblaster Z
Logitech 5.1 sound
Logitech G502 mouse
Logitech G13

KingDazza

• CORPORAL
« Reply #59 on: 12-November-14, 17:43:42 »

For those flashing sli, its very straight forward.  NVflash will simply flash one card, then tell you it has found another and just repeat without exiting NVflash.  Once it has no further cards to flash it will tell you.  There is no need to be uninstalling cards etc.

Hope that helps.

NiHaLus

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #60 on: 12-November-14, 20:07:13 »

For those flashing sli, its very straight forward.  NVflash will simply flash one card, then tell you it has found another and just repeat without exiting NVflash.  Once it has no further cards to flash it will tell you.  There is no need to be uninstalling cards etc.

Hope that helps.

Thank's KingDazza, and here i was thinking i had to flash the cards one at a time.  :lol_anim:

matt3o

• CORPORAL
« Reply #61 on: 12-November-14, 20:22:23 »

what worked for me

- uninstall drivers from control panel
- do not reboot when prompted
- double click on .bat file
- confirm flash
- reboot
- reinstall nvidia drivers (version .65)

mine was the 182 firmware for S/N 03SB

GPU-Z shows fan speed 0% and so far I haven't experienced any random fan spin

Boogie37

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #62 on: 13-November-14, 03:32:59 »

i flash the bios and all but i see its still doing it on mine down to 0 every few sec  :undecided:

pjuppi

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #63 on: 13-November-14, 12:28:47 »

hello.

i have a quick question...
i have the "03S" S/N according to my box... but in my live update 6, it says i have vbios NV316MH.125? or is your "NV316MH.182" just the new vbios code? :P

Boogie37

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #64 on: 13-November-14, 13:32:43 »

hello.

i have the "03S" S/N according to my box... but in my live update 6, it says i have vbios NV316MH.125? or is your "NV316MH.182" just the new vbios code? :P

Mine was the same as you before flashing. The nv316mh.182 is the new version of bios for the card that should fix the spinning down of fans every few sec.

boogeyman

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #65 on: 13-November-14, 14:11:59 »

hello.

Go to System info tab in Liveupdate and click scan so it refreshes. What Vbios version does it say then?
Windows 10 64 Bit
Intel i76700K @ 4.5 GHz
Asus Z170-A
G. Skill  (2 X 8 GB)
MSI GTX 1080X Gaming 8G
2 x Asus 26" widescreen
Soundblaster Z
Logitech 5.1 sound
Logitech G502 mouse
Logitech G13

Sinthuras

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #66 on: 13-November-14, 15:00:43 »

Hi all!

I followed the comments here for the last few days, because i have the same problems with the fans. I hoped, that i can get the VBIOS Update without to register and download it. I want it more comfortable by using Live Update 6 (click and go!). Therefore i started Live Update 6 and i saw the new VBIOS version there (NV316MH.182 for S/N:09S). So i deinstalled the driver, downloaded and installed the new VBIOS version (using Live Update), reboot, reinstalled the actual driver 344.65 and THE FANS DONT SPIN IN IDLE NOW!!! It worked with Live Update 6!

So the problem with spinning fans is solved. But there is another problem, that i have. When i play a game, after a while the fans are spinning and stopping the whole time! Spin,stop,spin,stop...every 2 secs. Does anybody have the same problem?

Boogie37

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #67 on: 13-November-14, 16:11:39 »

So the problem with spinning fans is solved. But there is another problem, that i have. When i play a game, after a while the fans are spinning and stopping the whole time! Spin,stop,spin,stop...every 2 secs. Does anybody have the same problem?

Mine stays on 0 while under 50C..but when its over 50C it spin up and down like you say even idle in windows.

delfinus

• CORPORAL
« Reply #68 on: 13-November-14, 16:41:39 »

So new bios is causing a new issue?  :confused2: If so I'm staying on my personal modified bios that works without any sporadic spin ups and downs. Bios version is a child of a bios that officially came with a card and that is until they clear out the thing.

EDIT: or maybe that spin up and down while gaming is happening natural as it is targeted by the lower margin of temperature and then it stops. When it hits 60C it spins again? Or? What is the correlation with the temperature when it does that? Please check in afterburner.
I'm not so enthusiastic to try half working bios :).

Sinthuras

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #69 on: 13-November-14, 17:25:37 »

So new bios is causing a new issue?

EDIT: or maybe that spin up and down while gaming is happening natural as it is targeted by the lower margin of temperature and then it stops. When it hits 60C it spins again? Or? What is the correlation with the temperature when it does that? Please check in afterburner.

It has nothing to do with the new BIOS Update. Because of the new version, i have no spinning fans in idle anymore. :biggthumbsup: 

I checked Afterburner and youre right. It has to do with the 60°C temperature. The fans go on and off, because the temperature pass and then directly fall below the 60°C. It holds on the whole time, like i said, every 2 seconds (what makes sense).

I dont want to complain about MSI, but my opinion is, that the fans should only stop, when you are in idle mode (its a very nice feature. I dont want to miss it).But while gaming, they should work. Otherwise its a high level of stress for the fans.

pjuppi

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #70 on: 13-November-14, 17:39:57 »

Mine was the same as you before flashing. The nv316mh.182 is the new version of bios for the card that should fix the spinning down of fans every few sec.

oh well okey, i just dont wanna mess things up, but thx for answering :)

Go to System info tab in Liveupdate and click scan so it refreshes. What Vbios version does it say then?

doesn't matter, still .125. that's why i asked here :)

Hi all!

I followed the comments here for the last few days, because i have the same problems with the fans. I hoped, that i can get the VBIOS Update without to register and download it. I want it more comfortable by using Live Update 6 (click and go!). Therefore i started Live Update 6 and i saw the new VBIOS version there (NV316MH.182 for S/N:09S). So i deinstalled the driver, downloaded and installed the new VBIOS version (using Live Update), reboot, reinstalled the actual driver 344.65 and THE FANS DONT SPIN IN IDLE NOW!!! It worked with Live Update 6!

whaaaat, my live update doesn't show any new vbios update! :(

and also, with the "new fan problem", it read my answer below ^^

...EDIT: or maybe that spin up and down while gaming is happening natural as it is targeted by the lower margin of temperature and then it stops. When it hits 60C it spins again? Or? What is the correlation with the temperature when it does that? Please check in afterburner.

yea that should be right, it happens for me too when i play a game that doesn't stress the gpu very much. for example in guild wars 2, my gpu can't show its muscle because my cpu (i5 2500k) is too weak. that means my gpu stays at around 58-60c and keeps juggling between the temps. :P i just have msi afterburner on autostart, and whenever i start a game, i start the custom fan profile^^

delfinus

• CORPORAL
« Reply #71 on: 13-November-14, 18:27:36 »

Thanks for confirming that Sinthuras and pjuppi! I think that rwcordell's optimized recommendation is better for my taste so I will stay with my custom bios as it keeps MSI card cooler and also fans kick in at 50C. So it will be less probability to flow between the limits. Games usually are just there in high 50 and low 60C while gaming.

his post here is #28: click

best, d.

Sinthuras

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #72 on: 13-November-14, 18:53:14 »

yea that should be right, it happens for me too when i play a game that doesn't stress the gpu very much. for example in guild wars 2, my gpu can't show its muscle because my cpu (i5 2500k) is too weak. that means my gpu stays at around 58-60c and keeps juggling between the temps. :P i just have msi afterburner on autostart, and whenever i start a game, i start the custom fan profile^^

Ah, i understand. Its a good idea to use the custom fan profile then, until MSI creates a better temperature profile for these cases (i hope so).

Thanks for confirming that Sinthuras and pjuppi! I think that rwcordell's optimized recommendation is better for my taste so I will stay with my custom bios as it keeps MSI card cooler and also fans kick in at 50C. So it will be less probability to flow between the limits. Games usually are just there in high 50 and low 60C while gaming.

his post here is #28: click

best, d.

Thanks for the Fan Control Options. Because i have no idea how to create a temperature-profile, this is very helpful for me.

CalinTM

• FIRST LIEUTENANT
« Reply #73 on: 13-November-14, 22:02:16 »

Lol i dont have any of these problems. My GPU fan starts to spin on 60+ degrees, and stops while below 60 degrees. the VRM fan spins a little longer after exiting a game.

Zorder

• CORPORAL
« Reply #74 on: 13-November-14, 22:09:53 »

Is this normal? I just noticed the fans have been acting like this, I assume it's because they only start when the temp reaches 60C so when it is at 59C it keeps turning the fans on and off. Should I be worried or is this how it is supposed to work?

Thanks in advance!

CalinTM

• FIRST LIEUTENANT
« Reply #75 on: 13-November-14, 23:40:19 »

No its not normal, flash ur bios.

Zorder

• CORPORAL
« Reply #76 on: 13-November-14, 23:54:36 »

No its not normal, flash ur bios.
What do you mean by that? I only flashed my VGA Bios once, and it was with the new fix from MSI related to the idle fan problem, you're telling me to do it again?

pjuppi

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #77 on: 14-November-14, 00:02:09 »

What do you mean by that? I only flashed my VGA Bios once, and it was with the new fix from MSI related to the idle fan problem, you're telling me to do it again?

dunno what he meant by that, but you're good unless your fan is like that when your graphic card is IDLE :). you are on the edge @ 60c temp on the card, the fan kicks in when it hit 60, and shuts off @ 59. but yea, if you're worried about the fans lifespan when it does like that, just use msi afterburner and use a userconfigured fanspeed when you game, i do it as i said a few posts above and i think it works ok.

also, my card is fine now! i got the vbios from live update and flashed it without any problem, kicking with nv driver 344.65 and no random fan spin-up when idle :)

edit: oh, also. i wanted to try adaptive vsync, but with .16 the settings didn't saved, but with .65 the setting saves nicely!
but dunno if it works, i cant tell if i get tearing in gw2 at all xD

Zorder

• CORPORAL
« Reply #78 on: 14-November-14, 00:11:34 »

dunno what he meant by that, but you're good unless your fan is like that when your graphic card is IDLE :). you are on the edge @ 60c temp on the card, the fan kicks in when it hit 60, and shuts off @ 59. but yea, if you're worried about the fans lifespan when it does like that, just use msi afterburner and use a userconfigured fanspeed when you game, i do it as i said a few posts above and i think it works ok.

also, my card is fine now! i got the vbios from live update and flashed it without any problem, kicking with nv driver 344.65 and no random fan spin-up when idle :)
Actually the fan was like that while I was browsing but I figured somethings was wrong because on MSI Gaming App and Afterburner the Core Clock and Memory Clock were "stuck" as you can see on the screenshot I posted above. I then used the Cool Down function from the MSI Gaming App and after the temperature dropped to around 50-55 the fans stopped.

The thing I'm worried about is that I'm getting these spikes on the Core Clock and Memory Clock on Afterburner and they go up to 1114Mhz according to MSI Gaming App. (check pic below)

CalinTM

• FIRST LIEUTENANT
« Reply #79 on: 14-November-14, 00:14:55 »

If u flashed already the new bios and still have the problem, hmmmm

Zorder

• CORPORAL
« Reply #80 on: 14-November-14, 00:20:55 »

If u flashed already the new bios and still have the problem, hmmmm
Like I mentioned on the post above the fans no longer do this, I imagine they were like that because it was on the 59C-60C mark.

My concern now is those Core clock and memory clock spikes.

pjuppi

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #81 on: 14-November-14, 00:28:39 »

Actually the fan was like that while I was browsing but I figured somethings was wrong because on MSI Gaming App and Afterburner the Core Clock and Memory Clock were "stuck" as you can see on the screenshot I posted above. I then used the Cool Down function from the MSI Gaming App and after the temperature dropped to around 50-55 the fans stopped.

The thing I'm worried about is that I'm getting these spikes on the Core Clock and Memory Clock on Afterburner and they go up to 1114Mhz according to MSI Gaming App. (check pic below)

oooh i see. the gpu/memory clock goes up and down depending on what you're doing and if the card needs the extra clock for doing stuff. if this is when you're doing absolutely nothing, not even have a web browser up, then i suppose we have a problem. but for example, when you surf the web, many stuff can get the clock to go higher (flash player, advertisement that use flash and such).
just as i was writing this, my gpu clock went up to 1100Mhz and memory clock to 1500 Mhz a few times :P

so yea, try closing everything except msi afterburner, and see?

Zorder

• CORPORAL
« Reply #82 on: 14-November-14, 00:42:17 »

oooh i see. the gpu/memory clock goes up and down depending on what you're doing and if the card needs the extra clock for doing stuff. if this is when you're doing absolutely nothing, not even have a web browser up, then i suppose we have a problem. but for example, when you surf the web, many stuff can get the clock to go higher (flash player, advertisement that use flash and such).
just as i was writing this, my gpu clock went up to 1100Mhz and memory clock to 1500 Mhz a few times :P

so yea, try closing everything except msi afterburner, and see?
Oh! In that case I'm more relieved. If I just sit and stare at the monitor those values go way down. I just didn't knew they were supposed to do that. This is my first custom built PC so I'm just kind of worried that something will break because I did something wrong lol.

I'm kind of desapointed with the performance I'm getting with the card though. The framerate drops below 60 alot of times on Shadow Warrior and in Battlefield 4 the game runs from 60-80 on average with everything maxed out but I ocasionally get drops until 40 fps. My hopes are that this is due to early drivers from Nvidia and that performance will eventually be increased. Thanks for the help pjuppi! ;)

pjuppi

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #83 on: 14-November-14, 00:58:50 »

Oh! In that case I'm more relieved. If I just sit and stare at the monitor those values go way down. I just didn't knew they were supposed to do that. This is my first custom built PC so I'm just kind of worried that something will break because I did something wrong lol.

I'm kind of desapointed with the performance I'm getting with the card though. The framerate drops below 60 alot of times on Shadow Warrior and in Battlefield 4 the game runs from 60-80 on average with everything maxed out but I ocasionally get drops until 40 fps. My hopes are that this is due to early drivers from Nvidia and that performance will eventually be increased. Thanks for the help pjuppi! ;)

hehe, glad to help ^^ i dunno about the shadow warrior, but seems good at what you get in bf4? bf4 is a rather demanding game :P
and your drops to 40 fps could in some cases be due to your cpu too, if very much is happening at the same time etc :P

but i'm curious, if you let the card idle for a while, what temp do you get then?

(test from sweclockers: http://www.sweclockers.com/image/diagram/8461?k=d6d8685e3c0c699b19e2fe0a3a02ebf3 )

Zorder

• CORPORAL
« Reply #84 on: 14-November-14, 01:10:25 »

hehe, glad to help ^^ i dunno about the shadow warrior, but seems good at what you get in bf4? bf4 is a rather demanding game :P
and your drops to 40 fps could in some cases be due to your cpu too, if very much is happening at the same time etc :P

but i'm curious, if you let the card idle for a while, what temp do you get then?

(test from sweclockers: http://www.sweclockers.com/image/diagram/8461?k=d6d8685e3c0c699b19e2fe0a3a02ebf3 )
Well, if I had a 1080 monitor I'd actually say they were good but since I have a 720p monitor (1366x768), shouldn't I get a few extra frames? But then again, you're probably right, it might be my cpu struggling in intense particle effects situations.

As for the temps of idle I usually get from 30ish to 40ish degrees Celsius. By idle I assume you're talking when I'm away from the computer and then come back... if not, when I'm doing other stuff other than playing games it varies alot, I've had it at 30ish, 40ish and 50ish. Usually it stays above 50C after playing games and if I check it before playing any games after booting the computer it overs around 40C. The longer it has been since I've played a game the more the temperature decreases.

pjuppi

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #85 on: 14-November-14, 01:16:07 »

Well, if I had a 1080 monitor I'd actually say they were good but since I have a 720p monitor (1366x768), shouldn't I get a few extra frames? But then again, you're probably right, it might be my cpu struggling in intense particle effects situations.

As for the temps of idle I usually get from 30ish to 40ish degrees Celsius. By idle I assume you're talking when I'm away from the computer and then come back... if not, when I'm doing other stuff other than playing games it varies alot, I've had it at 30ish, 40ish and 50ish. Usually it stays above 50C after playing games and if I check it before playing any games after booting the computer it overs around 40C. The longer it has been since I've played a game the more the temperature decreases.

ah yea, then all is good, i have pretty much the same temps. :)

CalinTM

• FIRST LIEUTENANT
« Reply #86 on: 14-November-14, 01:55:54 »

Like I mentioned on the post above the fans no longer do this, I imagine they were like that because it was on the 59C-60C mark.

My concern now is those Core clock and memory clock spikes.

The drivers are too young. Wait a couple of months until the drivers get mature.

Lizard_of_bodom

• SERGEANT
« Reply #87 on: 14-November-14, 11:17:47 »

For 720P your fps in BF4 is indeed pretty low... Did you try to OC your CPU? You have huge reserve of power on it and you can easily go over 4Ghz efrfortlessly, maybe its bottlenecking your GPU at the moment?
CM690II+BitFenix fans, ANTEC HCG750W;
i5-3750K @4.2Ghz with H212+EVO;
P8P77V; 16GB Gskill Ripjaws-X, MSI GTX980 4G;
HyperX (OS) + K300 (RST);
IIyama ProLite 27', G110, G25;

kosmasgr

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #88 on: 14-November-14, 12:46:30 »

Hello. I have just received on live update the new VBIOS and succesfully installed it. :) Fan issue completely fixed on idle and load mode
CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @4.0ghz ,  CPU COOLER: CoolerMaster Hyper Evo 212 ,  Motheboard: Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 3  , Ram: Kingston HyperX Fury 8gb @1866mhz , GPU: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G , Storage: Samsung SSD 840 Evo 250GB , PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 G2 , Monitor: Dell U2311H Ultrasharp , Headset: Microsoft LX-3000 ,  CASE: Corsair Carbide 200R , Speakers: TEAC SPEAKERS PM-1800 5.1 , Gaming Pad: Roccat sense adrenaline blue

Zorder

• CORPORAL
« Reply #89 on: 14-November-14, 15:41:17 »

For 720P your fps in BF4 is indeed pretty low... Did you try to OC your CPU? You have huge reserve of power on it and you can easily go over 4Ghz efrfortlessly, maybe its bottlenecking your GPU at the moment?
I've never considered doing that mainly because I have no idea how to do it without breaking things. Also, how can one know if the CPU is bottlenecking the GPU? I'm not sure but, I believe that my CPU usage doesn't get near 100% usage while I'm playing games.

pjuppi

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #90 on: 14-November-14, 16:34:48 »

I've never considered doing that mainly because I have no idea how to do it without breaking things. Also, how can one know if the CPU is bottlenecking the GPU? I'm not sure but, I believe that my CPU usage doesn't get near 100% usage while I'm playing games.

can't OC i5-4460 :) the multiplier is locked on that cpu.
Intel nowadays specifies their cpu with unlocked multiplier with adding a "k" at the end of the name (i5-2500k, i5-3570k, i7-4790k to mention a few)

edit: you can look at your cpu/gpu usage, if your cpu is 100% load and your gpu is say 50% load, then it is possible the cpu bottlenecks, or as in my example in gw2, the cpu is constant at 80-90% cpu, but when i get lower fps (lots of enemies/players) i see that my gpu load goes down, mainly because the cpu can't handle everything :P.

Zorder

• CORPORAL
« Reply #91 on: 14-November-14, 18:07:44 »

you can look at your cpu/gpu usage, if your cpu is 100% load and your gpu is say 50% load, then it is possible the cpu bottlenecks, or as in my example in gw2, the cpu is constant at 80-90% cpu, but when i get lower fps (lots of enemies/players) i see that my gpu load goes down, mainly because the cpu can't handle everything :P.
In that case I believe that my CPU is not bottlenecking the GPU. I just tested on Far Cry 3 with everything maxed out and the GPU usage stayed at 99% most of the time and the CPU usage average was between 50% and 60%, ocasionally it went up to 80% for a few seconds and go back down.

Ceremony

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #92 on: 16-November-14, 23:52:41 »

I cant flash my card. nvflash crashes for me. --list --check or --save also crashes. running nvflash without any lag or file doesnt crash

johnnyw

• SERGEANT
« Reply #93 on: 23-November-14, 08:23:08 »

Seems like the vbios update has been pulled off from liveupdate, what is the reason for it? I have the fan spin/stop issues with my MSI 980 Gaming & would like to get it sorted, but then again im not too happy about bios updates because of some bricked devices at past because of those. Want to make sure the current "fix bios" is working correctly before going for it, definately dont want to do it again after while if there is some issue.

flobelixTopic starter

• MSIHQ Red Rockets Team Member
  • Global Moderator
  • 微星科技
    • Afterburner New Features Introduction | MSI
« Reply #94 on: 23-November-14, 17:37:14 »

The vbios versions above are working fine like it has been verified by users in this thread too. Note that you MUST uninstall the nvidia driver in order to use nvwinflash to flash the card else it won't work. Also .bat must be run in administrator mode.
MSI X299 Gaming M7 ACK (MS-7A90) Bios 1.9
Core i7 7820X @ 4203.84 MHz (42 * 100.09 MHz, fixed all cores), 1.086v
Corsair H110 Liquid CPU Cooler
32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair CMK32GX4M4C3000C15R @ 1500 MHz (DDR4-3000), 15-17-17-35-2t 1.35v
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING 11G
256GB Samsung 830 SSD + 2TB Seagate Firecuda SSHD
Corsair HX1200i • +12V: 100A • +3.3V: 30A • +5V: 30A
Windows 10 Pro
Cooler Master Masterbox 5 MSI Edition

johnnyw

• SERGEANT
« Reply #95 on: 23-November-14, 20:39:01 »

The vbios versions above are working fine like it has been verified by users in this thread too. Note that you MUST uninstall the nvidia driver in order to use nvwinflash to flash the card else it won't work. Also .bat must be run in administrator mode.
Ok.

So do i actually need to run the bat as administrator by right click -> run as administrator, or just double click it & then press ok to that windows popup that always appears when launching programs?

Also as my card S/N is 602 - V317 - 03SB14090xxxxx can you verify that the prober file to download is NV317MH_112.rar?

Nichrome

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: 23-November-14, 23:25:07 »

Ok.

So do i actually need to run the bat as administrator by right click -> run as administrator, or just double click it & then press ok to that windows popup that always appears when launching programs?

Better to do right click->Run as admin. 100% sure it will do it properly.

Also as my card S/N is 602 - V317 - 03SB14090xxxxx can you verify that the prober file to download is NV317MH_112.rar?

Quote from: flobelix
09S / 03S / 010   NV316MH.182 -> to download NV316MH_182.rar
See RED font.
I only take responsibility for what I say, not for what you understand.  Any posts are my own views!

johnnyw

• SERGEANT
« Reply #97 on: 24-November-14, 06:04:46 »

Better to do right click->Run as admin. 100% sure it will do it properly.
See RED font.

Well i have 980,not 970. So i assume the NV317MH_112 is the correct one if the opening post is not wrong.

Nichrome

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: 24-November-14, 08:45:19 »

Sorry misread it completely. Yes you are right
I only take responsibility for what I say, not for what you understand.  Any posts are my own views!

batangel1986

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #99 on: 24-November-14, 12:10:15 »

Hi i have 2 MSI gtx 980 gaming and i have the same problem with second fan randomly spining , after bios update  the second card is fine but the 1st one have the problem and the black fan spins randomy and its on 53% ( and more the sound is realy loud)+ when the temp is under 50c , i tryed swaping the cards but again the card that is in the 1st slot have the problem.... i was with bios 111 and acording to id i swiched to 112  , i used the 112 file for update , the NVFlash file was doing nothing like on the picture....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up