Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Screen not waking up from sleep mode  (Read 158 times)

hadesflamesTopic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Screen not waking up from sleep mode
« on: 04-January-18, 21:58:37 »

So, after a windows cumulative update for windows 10 (not the latest one, the one before that, however the issue *does* persist with all latest updates as of today installed) my screen will no longer wake up from sleep mode after closing the lid. The PC does wake up, I know because I get notification sound from Discord. The screen however remains black. This forces me to hard reboot in order to get my screen working again. I know it's the windows update, because I rolled back the update (removed the update itself, I didn't do a rollback using recovery options) and it started to work normally again.

My laptop is a GS60 6QE(Ghost Pro 4K)-053US model.

Anyone else experiencing this? Have any solutions?

Thanks

Mr.Gurelli

• SERGEANT
« Reply #1 on: 04-January-18, 23:29:40 »

1] Start The Laptop
2] After the screen shown up push fast F8 
3] And Enter into The Safe Mode

4] When got into safe mode
5] Open Command Prompt.
6] Type and run --- chkdsk

Hope that helps, sincerely...

hadesflamesTopic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #2 on: 05-January-18, 03:32:52 »

Chkdsk didn't help. As I said, the issue must have something to do with the Windows 10 July upgrade.

dejdarova.m

• FIRST LIEUTENANT
« Reply #3 on: 05-January-18, 09:02:51 »

Are you on the latest bios etc? You can also try to uninstall video drivers using ddu and reinstall them. Else no idea other than resetting windows if this started with an update... Or rolling back if you can ><
MSI GT72VR 6RE: i7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2x8 GB RAM, 2x samsung ssd (M.2 500GB and 850 evo 500GB).
Running turbo mode at 3.6/3.8 GHz on cpu, +50/200 on gpu.

If my answers help you out, feel free to help me out by marking them as best solution! Happy MSI gaming to all!

Mr.Gurelli

• SERGEANT
« Reply #4 on: 07-January-18, 00:11:22 »

Did you deleted the older versions of windows when you got the computer? If not try to downgrade your system.

james

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #5 on: 07-January-18, 17:49:44 »

I was searching the forums for a solution to this exact problem. GE72-6QF, a moment of pixelated white fuzziness then a blank screen. You could hear the computer wake up but no display. Hard reboot would fix it. I tried rolling back windows updates, no success. What worked for me was updating the generic Intel driver for the onboard video card.

alejandro_cero

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #6 on: 13-January-18, 02:24:33 »

I was searching the forums for a solution to this exact problem. GE72-6QF, a moment of pixelated white fuzziness then a blank screen. You could hear the computer wake up but no display. Hard reboot would fix it. I tried rolling back windows updates, no success. What worked for me was updating the generic Intel driver for the onboard video card.
Thanks, that solved the problem for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up