Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Carbon X370 / Ryzen 1800X / Displays suddenly stop working  (Read 52 times)

bryankearnsTopic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Hi have a Carbon X370 with a Ryzen 1800X and dual Radeon R9 Fury video cards.  The setup has worked flawlessly since the last version of the BIOS.  Suddenly after a boot, no display signal at all.  I tried both cards, Display Port and HDMI, took out each card and tried them separately in both mobo slots, and no signal out of either of the cards.  It seems like a motherboard or CPU issue?  VGA light is lit red on the mobo, with video cards installed, or no video cards installed.  Not sure what to test next.  Any help would be appreciated.  Tried BIOS reset, and same result.

bryankearnsTopic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #1 on: 13-January-18, 02:13:33 »

Oh, one more thing, the monitor works fine with my laptop.

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: 13-January-18, 05:04:25 »

Try removing 1 stick of ram.
Try clearing CMOS?

Those are usually the first 2 things I would try.

bryankearnsTopic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #3 on: 14-January-18, 13:33:34 »

Thanks for the response.

I did uninstall everything (depopulated motherboard) everything but the CPU and reinstalled one stick of ram.  Reset CMOS, took out the backup battery.  Same thing.  Also installed a known good video card and have the same thing, no signal from the card.  I am going to check the power supply next to make sure it isn't something with power,  But after that, it is likely either the motherboard or the CPU unless someone else has some other ideas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up