Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: white noise/no sound after liveupdate 6 bios MSI 970A-G46  (Read 229 times)

fokkisedTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

Hi, i just recently updated my bios through liveupdate and not through a usb. Unforunately im not computer/tech savy and was dumbfounded how there werent any better instructions that this is quite dangerous and could make my mobo obsolete. There is one strange occurrence though, when i plug in my speakers realtek keeps notifying me as speakers being plugged in and unplugged in in succession. This only stops after i plug out the speakers. Is there any way to possibly fix this? I made sure my audio wire is connected, but not sure if there are any other wires that are responsible for audio(i moved video card around so im thinking i unplugged a wire). if anyone could helpa  brotha out with some knowledge that would be much appreciated

thanks!

skywalker_yd

• CAPTAIN
« Reply #1 on: 17-March-17, 07:15:58 »

Try uninstall Realtek driver and reinstall to check if the issue persist.

fokkisedTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 17-March-17, 23:10:34 »

thanks for your response, i have tried that and now realtek wont even detect speakers/headphones, yet i can hear static/fuzz when plugged in. any other solution? really dont want to warranty this but might have to :(

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 19-March-17, 12:22:34 »

what OS you are running?
what is current BIOS version installed?

have you tried to install latest realtek driver from here?: 2017-02-20
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/970A-G46.html#down-driver&Win10 64

fokkisedTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #4 on: 20-March-17, 00:05:43 »

thank you for your response! my os is win 10 and my mobo bios is 2.8. I messed around internally but only re-plugged my video card. i made sure that the audio wire was tightly secure(not sure if theres any other wires that connect onboard mobo sound) Before the re-install of realtek it would detect the sound jacks, now its not detecting them at all. Really not sure if its bricked or not from running the bios update through liveupdate 6.

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 20-March-17, 12:34:17 »

install the drivers from the link that i give you and see how its goes
if problem persist, 
do >>Clear CMOS Guide<< with power cord removed
then reinstall again the drivers
Pages: [1]   Go Up