Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GE72 6QF Apache Pro Sleep/Overheating or Just Randomly Cutting Off, Issues...?  (Read 170 times)

brittanynwinnTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

So my laptop is about 10 months old, and up until the last couple of days I've had no issues with it. It started seemingly going into sleep mode (surprise, surprise, whenever I wasn't paying attention to it) and when I would attempt to cut it back on, would flash vertical white lines, blinking back and forth between a black screen. I would force a hard shut down by pressing the power button, cutting it back on, and it would restart as normal. I attempted to fix it with some other threads I seen around, one including going into the command prompt to disable sleep. However, I was still concerned because none of these threads addressed anything such as "white lines." Just simply having issues waking up out of sleep mode. 

Tonight, the laptop just cuts off. I had nothing running but Skype, my anti-virus, Google Chrome, and pre-packaged programs that came along with the laptop. It seemed to either have gone into sleep mode, or what I thought over heated - though I don't understand why it would be over heating. The vents are clean, fans are running, no reason for it to over heat. So after cutting it back on, white lines yet again, hard shut down, turn it on again, and I checked the temperatures. They were up to 80 C (118 F) on both dGPU and CPU. It receded to 40, again with the same things running as before, and I turned my settings down from "Gaming" to "Green." No noticeable changes in temperature other than dGPU went N/A. 

So this has went on for about a period of three days now, and I have a feeling I am going to need something repaired. If there is an at home fix that doesn't require me popping open the computer as it's under warranty though, I'd greatly appreciate it.

brittanynwinnTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #1 on: 06-October-17, 05:32:57 »

Well, I received a speedy reply from Customer Support and they want me to send it in to be serviced. So there is that.

geefung310

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 07-December-17, 12:48:55 »

Am having the same problem with the wake up after sleep having a black and white lines but no overheating problems. DId they fix or send u a new laptop and how long did it take for u to get the laptop back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up