Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1080Ti GamingX 11Gb Windows Problems and BSOD  (Read 77 times)

PantsoTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
1080Ti GamingX 11Gb Windows Problems and BSOD
« on: 07-December-17, 09:00:11 »

Greetings good people

I have an 1080Ti GamingX 11Gb on an older system, with an AMD FX-8350 on a Gigabyte 970A-D3 motherboard with 16Gb DDR3 @ 1600, and a 128Gb SanDisk SSD with Windows 10 x64 and a Corsair 750W PSU. Since I installed the new GPU (upgraded from an GTX780Ti) I have these strange issues and I am not really sure if the GPU is to blame or the general setup (drivers/windows etc)

1. Sometimes Chrome seems to freeze for a moment, and then kinda "breaks", meaning that the Chrome window turns to blue (old windows style blue) and the tabs are fuzzy and mixed up. If I restart Chrome then the problem is gone.
2. Same thing as above happens on Thunderbird too.
3. I have also faced random monitor black-outs, when both monitors go black for a moment, then return to the desktop with no problem
4. I, at some point, have seen random screen artifacts (black dots) on right click menus and on different app window menus (which I haven't faced again after some driver updates at some point) 
5. Lastly I have faced BSOD with an "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR" stop code

The strange thing is that when I play games or when I'm editing video/images with the Adobe software, I don't have any issues whatsoever, and the general gaming performance is as expected. Just to clarify, I haven't had these issues on the GTX780Ti.

Just downloaded the latest NVIDIA driver (388.43) but I expect to see these problems again since I've been updating the GPU drivers as soon as they appear. On a side note, I have just upgraded to a Ryzen 7 1700 on an MSI X370 Gaming Plus motherboard and with Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB DDR4-3200MHz, but haven't received all parts to build the new PC yet. I'm just hoping that I won't face these problems on the new clean setup.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Should I try to test the GPU somehow or should I RMA it?

Thanks in advance

Sapphirethunder

• SERGEANT
« Reply #1 on: 07-December-17, 11:13:05 »

I would wait until you have been able to test it on the new Ryzen system.

It could be power supply issue, if you're using Corsair VS, CS or CX series of psu.

PantsoTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 07-December-17, 11:21:31 »

The PSU is an RM750 80 PLUS Gold Certified, my bad, should have mentioned it.
I was thinking that I should wait too but all these problems seem GPU related to me
Thank you for your input! 

Sapphirethunder

• SERGEANT
« Reply #3 on: 07-December-17, 11:27:12 »

The PSU is an RM750 80 PLUS Gold Certified, my bad, should have mentioned it.
I was thinking that I should wait too but all these problems seem GPU related to me
Thank you for your input!

Well, it could still be psu problem if that's already pretty old one.
Worse than average piece + a bit of age = problems
Pages: [1]   Go Up