Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI Win 7 Smart tool [especially for Z1xx Series]  (Read 84244 times)

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator

Application to easy install Windows 7.
MSI Win7 Smart Tool is handy tool for creating a Windows USB bootable drive from an ISO

This tool allows you to create DVD disk and Windows 7 bootable USB disk and
could allow you to install Windows 7 properly even when using with USB keyboard or mouse especially for Intel Z1xx series MSI motherboard

Download latest version from:
http://download.msi.com/uti_exe/Smart_Tool.zip

Guide how to use it:

.PDF:
https://www.msi.com/files/pdf/SMART_TOOL_User_Guide_EN.pdf

FYI: Important Smart Tool information:
The source folder in MSI smart tool could not be multi-version operating system DVD or ISO file,
it would make smart tool having error when adding those drivers and cause installation incompletion.
to build windows 7 installation file via smart tool,
it must be used a single version operating system installation file(i.e. stand-alone ultimate, professional, etc.).
« Last Edit: 08-April-17, 22:09:30 by Svet »

kaizerxxx

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #1 on: 14-October-15, 06:24:21 »

Hello. I bought a motherboard MSI Z170 PC MATE few days ago, but was unable to install Win7 from USB device on clean SSD. Every device was seen in bios even usb flash drive,but I was getting message like a "Driver was not found for ur USB, DVD or HDD devise" after pressing "Install Windows". I cheked the usb port to be sure its usb 2.0, and it was 2.0 on the front panel of my PC connected to JUSB1 on motherboard.
- properties screen of my usb device.
What was my actions:
 1. I put together all the details and it was all good.
 2. Then i enabled Windows 7 installation in BIOS  (the other option for Win8.1/10 automaticly disabled), MSI FAST BOOT and FAST BOOT options was disabled also.
But anyway i still got a message about missing driver. 
 3. After I went serching internet for clue, found this Win7 Smart tool. Even watched the video, but also getting error with this tool after start (~15 seconds), "Creating botable USB failed". Using x64 windows to create a x64 bootable.
Any help on that, please?

dread2k9

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 17-October-15, 23:24:11 »

I have the same problem. I have a MSI Krait Gaming Z170A. I tried everything, but i am not able to install windows 7. Same error as mentioned. Really need help!

JLio01

• MAJOR
« Reply #3 on: 19-October-15, 23:55:11 »

Do you have Windows 7 Installation option enabled in BIOS? Try disable it. And what USB pen drive you use?

adam.bone

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #4 on: 31-October-15, 14:12:27 »

A different problem for me. When I start smart tool off I can only put my G drive into the source box but when I run the program it says  'windows 7 installation file can't be found. The G drive does contain my W7 installation disk. Am I missing something stupid?

Thank you in advance.

zabortoki

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #5 on: 03-November-15, 14:28:28 »

Hi,

I'm having an issue when I try to install Windows 7 Pro on a MSI Z170A Gaming M5 motherboard.

First I had the same issue commented before me, I couldn't install Windows 7 because my peripherals didn't work once the installation was going on.

I solved it enabling the Windows 7 installation in my bios.

So, now I can move my mouse and keyboard once the installation is going on.

But once again I'm having problems, now it seems like the Windows 7 Pro x64 installation is not able to see my clean SSD, I'm getting a message that says something like no drivers were found (my message is in spanish).

I've tried the software posted but I'm getting an error. USB Booteable failed or something like this.

I'm triyng to do it with a Windows 7 pro (without any SP).

Please, can someone help me?

Thanks.

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 03-November-15, 14:30:10 »

use installation with latest SP integrated

JLio01

• MAJOR
« Reply #7 on: 04-November-15, 00:06:03 »

Note that if you want to use win7 smart tool to create a image, you don't need to enable Windows 7 Installation with that image. I think the tool is to help put the USB drivers into the image so that you could use USB devices during the installation. Try use win7 smart tool only this time and load driver for you SSD, if still no help, you might need to try reformat the SSD if it's brand new.

albert328

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #8 on: 19-November-15, 20:58:25 »

MSI Win7 Smart Tool is handy tool for creating a Windows USB bootable drive from an ISO
[ ERROR: SPECIFIED ATTACHMENT MISSING ]

could allow you to install Windows 7 properly even when using with USB keyboard or mouse especially for Intel Z1xx series MSI motherboard

Thanks for posting such a useful tool, I'm about to buy a GS70 (the gaming laptop), I'm wondering if this will be able to help me install windows 7 on it?

thanks

naveeed

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #9 on: 06-December-15, 06:38:21 »

Can I add this tool with Windows 7 nLite ISO

jawn

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #10 on: 29-December-15, 17:51:35 »

Hi! Is this related to my issue of not having USB Keyboard or Mouse support to install Windows 7? They are both recognized in the bios just when I try to install the OS, M/K function disappears.
MSI Big Bang Trinergy
Intel 870 @ 2.93Mhz
4X2 Gs Crucial BT 1600 @ 8888 24/1.65v
Twin Sapphire 5870 VCs
Apevia Warlock 1100w PSU
Seagate SATA 1T HD

JLio01

• MAJOR
« Reply #11 on: 29-December-15, 23:46:27 »

Hi! Is this related to my issue of not having USB Keyboard or Mouse support to install Windows 7? They are both recognized in the bios just when I try to install the OS, M/K function disappears.
Yes, if you only want to have your MS/KB work, you can go to BIOS--Advanced Mode(F7)--Settings--Advanced--Windows OS Configuration and enable "Windows 7 Installation".

olekbeatz

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #12 on: 09-January-16, 10:56:31 »

Hi everybody. I got problem with this Tool. When I want to upload for my USB memory win 7 occurs error :

I got MSI Z170A. I don't know what's going on...

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: 09-January-16, 16:18:15 »

what source disc you've selected?

olekbeatz

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #14 on: 09-January-16, 17:12:06 »

I've selected virtual disk with Win 7 x64bit [Before I  mount it by ultraiso] .  Is available download needed drivers for windows?:bonk:

KzuRyuSen19

• CORPORAL
« Reply #15 on: 04-February-16, 16:37:26 »

[ ERROR: SPECIFIED ATTACHMENT MISSING ]

Download latest version from:
http://download.msi.com/uti_exe/Win7_Smart_Tool.zip

Guide how to use it:

I have a msi z170i gaming pro ac mini-itx motherboard..while installing windows 7 whenever 'expanding windows files' reaches %100 it stucks there... i tried this 3 times with different bios options..
windows 7 installing enabled
uefi with legacy is choosen
no oc or xmp selected
but none of them worked..

i have an i7 6700k cpu with ddr4 2666 hyperx fury and msi gtx 980 on this board..my keyboard is steelseries apex(fnatic edition) and mouse is logitec g300s

i also removed keyboard and mouse when it starts installing but not worked..

what should i do ?
« Last Edit: 04-February-16, 23:40:19 by KzuRyuSen19 »

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: 04-February-16, 18:23:19 »

how much time you have waited?

KzuRyuSen19

• CORPORAL
« Reply #17 on: 04-February-16, 19:18:22 »

how much time you have waited?

about 45 minutes

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: 04-February-16, 20:16:19 »

try with different USB key
and/or format the USB key 1st with hp tool

drkdave

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #19 on: 04-June-16, 14:59:20 »

I have a similar issue, though I already have win7 installed, so not sure I need to bother with that... However, I problem is in the m-flash not seeing the bios update file even though I KNOW for certain the file is on there in the root directory.. Same mb.. MSI Z170A Krait gaming edition... I unplugged the video card before starting these attempts to update bios, using integrated video.. Tried 2 kingston data traveler 2gb drives and one sandisk cruzer 512mb usb drive, both brands formatted to fat or fat32, neither system has worked. m-flash system refuses to see the update... bios date is 9-6-15

I use 2 ssd drives on the system, I dont think it could be a keyboard issue, its an Easterntimes tech I-800 keyboard which seems to have no issues...

Thoughts?

risicheshire05

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #20 on: 09-July-16, 16:34:24 »

It creates the USB but when I go to install it, it says "This computer is either not connected to the internet or does not have network drivers installed".

Any ideas?

tom

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #21 on: 12-July-16, 11:29:18 »

Ill help you out with your next issue :)

Once you get this installed you will realise windows 7 update on clean builds doesn't work anymore as MS changed the server address's its supposed to look at.... Try this below;

1. Download and Install IE11. (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer-11-for-windows-7-details.aspx)
2. Restart your computer.
 3. Download and install the KB3102810 update (
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3102810)
 4. Restart
 5. Stop Windows Update Service and Delete the “SoftwareDistribution” folder.
 6. Restart your computer.
 7. Search for updates.

works every time for me that I need it these days (I'm a server engineer)

mbwdekeijzer

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #22 on: 18-August-16, 00:36:30 »

Hello

i have a little problem.

When i trying to install win7 i noticed that it cant run, so there was google and the msi win7 tool but..

The problem is he would not see my m2 drives,only my sata hdd and a 850 ssd.(definatly i would have my windows on the 950 m2)

i have a
mobo m5, 6700k,2x 950pro 512,1x 850 pro sata,

I checked m2 genie on in the tool but wont work.
i noticed that when i make a image with rufus the windos setup will see my drive but after finishing installation it says can not configurate harware.

There is somethging that i do not right.

Thanks for youre time.

lradunovic

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #23 on: 30-December-16, 17:02:26 »

I suggest using Gigabyte tool which allows you to integrate drivers like USB3, Nvme and others.

seandunbar1984

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #24 on: 18-January-17, 18:46:56 »

Hi,

I'm trying for a fresh install of Windows 7 on a new setup with a Z270-A pro and new Kaby lake I5 7500. After attempting to boot from the optical drive with windows 7 CD, I get a can't find bootmgr message. I've heard windows 7 is not compatible with the newest generation intel processors. Am I out of luck here or will the smart tool help me? On that note, I actually can't get the Smart tool to run, it says there is a problem and immediately closes.

Thanks.

byproduct

• SERGEANT
« Reply #25 on: 18-February-17, 05:40:59 »

try yumi multiboot tool

lets you put several different items on a thumb drive
when it boots, it presents a menu, which you pick which item you want to boot at that time

get done, leave the drive n, reboot, and simply pick the next item you want to work with.

has 2 versions... use the one according to which bios flavor you intend to use
UEFI
OR LEGACY

ANOTHER GOOD THING IS...
you can do it with anything that use a iso file

SO IT'S REUIRED TO A PARTICULAR BRAND OR ITEM SPECIFIC
it will format a thumb drive, load whate ever you present to it, then you can boot into it, and pick whatever you want to run, form the things YOU CHOOSE to load on it.
win iso
gparted iso
linux iso
anti virus iso

most any thing that is .iso format

ONLY REAL ISSUE I FOUND WITH IT IS
*they say* UEFI version will not run 32 bit
but i seen it do so, when i accidently clicked the wrong item to boot.
was 32 bit linux, i wanted 64 bit that was listed right below it .. mouse misfired
ANYWAY, tht 32 bit version is still running today
so it will run he 32.... thought most everyone wants 64 bit everything today... is still good for older pc.

ANYWAY
it has worked where, others has failed
and I have tried several

hpusb  tool
unetbootin
rufus
and FEW others

yumi is my go to thumb drive prep & boot loading tool

only other I know of that CLAIMS to do what yumi does, cost $40 and has a limit on how many items it will process
yumi has no such limit
it is free
and has been around for a while now.

pendrivelinux
^^^ it's there
and so are many of the others, along with comparative write ups about them

they even help you formart/clean your thumb drive and prepare and load it with whatever iso file, OR IT'S DOWNLOAD LINK, you provide
merely hve you file of url, and follow the prompts.
when done, you re fully ready to go booting and installing
really simple

and not 1 bit of problem bout cleaning/clearing your thumb drive afterwards, to use again for somethign else.
personlly, i'd store that one s a backup in case of future pc issues
, and get a 2nd to use for tools, media, etc..

BTW yumi also splits you thumb drive files inot categories, ie, OS, tools,  etc....
you don't have to do it
you don't have to browse form dir to dir
they load and sort it all, and you just use a arrow key to go thru the directory listing on the thumb drive

just try it once, with multiple iso/package & category items
you'll see right off just what I mean.

stsazama

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #26 on: 01-March-17, 16:05:13 »

On that note, I actually can't get the Smart tool to run, it says there is a problem and immediately closes.
I have the same problem, attempted on two different machines. Is there any way to download an older version of the tool or figure out why it won't run? Tried everything else to get around the "missing driver" installation error, and this tool looks like my only option besides buying an optical drive or non-USB mouse/keyboard.

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: 09-March-17, 12:14:34 »

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: 21-March-17, 11:55:29 »

FYI: Important Smart Tool information:
The source folder in MSI smart tool could not be multi-version operating system DVD or ISO file, 
it would make smart tool having error when adding those drivers and cause installation incompletion.
to build windows 7 installation file via smart tool,
it must be used a single version operating system installation file(i.e. stand-alone ultimate, professional, etc.).

info

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #29 on: 04-April-17, 15:55:14 »

Hi,
i've download smart tool... but when i run it crash... 
where can i download a new version?

thnks a lot S.

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #30 on: 04-April-17, 16:51:28 »

Hi,
i've download smart tool... but when i run it crash...
where can i download a new version?

thnks a lot S.

which version crashes?
what OS you are running?

brainfreeze

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #31 on: 07-April-17, 00:35:55 »

It should say msi tool for windows sense i have linux on my laptop so i can not use this tool (i only see exe link)

badboy2k

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: 07-April-17, 00:44:28 »

It should say msi tool for windows sense i have linux on my laptop so i can not use this tool (i only see exe link)
if you download WINE (Windows Emulator) from the Linux distribution's software repositories and install it. once its installed you can Run the EXE via WINE to get it to Execute.
Motherboard: MSI 790FX-GD70 (bios 1.17) AM3
Processor:AMD phenom IIx4 955 black edition 3.2GHz processor(Clock speed of 4GHz)
Cooler: corsair H100 cooler
Ram: 16GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600MHz ram (2 dual channel kits model: CMP8GX3M2A1600C9) (underclocked at 1333MHz)
GPU: 1: MSI R7870 -2GD5T/OC @ 1155mhz , 2: MSI R7850-Twin Frozer 2GD5/OC @ 925mhz
PSU: Thermaltake tougthpower 1500W (+12v1 20A, +12v2 20A, +12v3 40A, +12v4 40A) (+12v1=20+4 connector, +12v2=CPU power, +12v3=PCI_E connections, +12v4 = molex+sata+PCI_E connectors  )
Extras: 1 x 4 port raid card (model SIL3114) ASUS Xonar Essence STX sound card PCI-E X1.

arjay.aguilar.natividad

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #33 on: 19-May-17, 13:08:36 »

Hi guys,

I have the same issue. I just upgraded my PC to Ryzen 1500x with MSI B350. Installation was smooth but my KB and mouse does not work once I enter OS(Windows 7). It works fine in bios. 

I guess what I am asking is, do I need to clean install windows again or is there a work around on this?

Thanks.

prajes.jose

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #34 on: 12-July-17, 04:12:01 »

Hi all, I am badly need your help. I have MSI H110M pro-vh plus i just bought it a while FRESH and when i want to installl an OS which is windows 7 i always encounter this error.. 

can anybody help me how to do this?

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: 12-July-17, 19:50:23 »

Hi all, I am badly need your help. I have MSI H110M pro-vh plus i just bought it a while FRESH and when i want to installl an OS which is windows 7 i always encounter this error..  

can anybody help me how to do this?

move your USB key to another USB port, (USB 2.0)
then try again

jagdtigger

• CORPORAL
« Reply #36 on: 16-July-17, 10:40:31 »

Greetings.

I just run into a little trouble with this tool. Im trying to use it to  create a bootable USB on my laptop running 8.1 but i always get an error massage at the same stage:

I dont have a clue where is the log file so i dont even know where to start....

Thanks in advance for the help :) .

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: 16-July-17, 23:17:35 »

do you installation disk with single version of the Windows version on it?
because the that tool don't support OS installation disks with multiple OSs on it

jagdtigger

• CORPORAL
« Reply #38 on: 18-July-17, 18:52:20 »

do you installation disk with single version of the Windows version on it?
because the that tool don't support OS installation disks with multiple OSs on it
The ISO is ripped from an original Home Premium DVD so im sure only one OS is present. The only modifications done are integrated updates up until 2016.05.22[lets put aside why until this point, its a personal thing]).

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: 18-July-17, 18:54:23 »

The ISO is ripped from an original Home Premium DVD so im sure only one OS is present. The only modifications done are integrated updates up until 2016.05.22[lets put aside why until this point, its a personal thing]).

according to error message the tool don't like the installation files possible because the modification
try use untouched windows installation and retry

jagdtigger

• CORPORAL
« Reply #40 on: 18-July-17, 19:33:41 »

according to error message the tool don't like the installation files possible because the modification
try use untouched windows installation and retry
Okay, fresh rip from the original DVD, same result...

/OFF
Tried it with NTLite but still no mouse and keyboard, not even when i use the two USB2.0 port on the back.

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: 18-July-17, 20:40:37 »

try a different installation then
make sure to use the latest one available from microsoft

jagdtigger

• CORPORAL
« Reply #42 on: 19-July-17, 15:16:06 »

try a different installation then
make sure to use the latest one available from microsoft
The win7 ISO's from MS do not contain anything other than SP1 AFAIK. But even if i manage to get this tool working it will integrate the same drivers that didnt worked after i integrated them with NTLite...

adam-drummer

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #43 on: 22-August-17, 05:55:11 »

have try this new tool version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iko7hudwgma2bs8/Smart%20Tool%201.0.0.11.zip?dl=0

Hello, this link goes to a dead file. Can you repost, or post the newest updated file, please?

I am having trouble getting windows 7 installed onto my new NVME, and I have tried everything I could think of. Windows 7 will install just fine on my mechanical drive, so either the drivers for the NVME are bad, or the drive itself is bad.
Making sure I'm using the latest NVME drivers in my windows 7 installation is the last thing I check before I completely give up and send my NVME back and try to get a new one, or a plain SSD instead. But that would be disappointing. :(

Thank you!

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #44 on: 22-August-17, 12:00:58 »

Hello, this link goes to a dead file. Can you repost, or post the newest updated file, please?

I am having trouble getting windows 7 installed onto my new NVME, and I have tried everything I could think of. Windows 7 will install just fine on my mechanical drive, so either the drivers for the NVME are bad, or the drive itself is bad.
Making sure I'm using the latest NVME drivers in my windows 7 installation is the last thing I check before I completely give up and send my NVME back and try to get a new one, or a plain SSD instead. But that would be disappointing. :(

Thank you!

Hello

use the link from the 1st post in this topic
Pages: [1]   Go Up