Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I forgot my windows 7 (MSI) startup/login password. Please help!  (Read 1189 times)

menisopeterlyTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

I forgot my windows 7 login password on my MSI laptop, i have a Mac pro (currently using). I tried to reset my windows 7 password but not succeed, If I try to go into safe mode, it still ask for a password,  i've tried lots of different things already but still can't asses to my computer. 

So, please help! how can i reset or remove the login password (no other windows to use, safe mode didn't works, but I do have a usb flash drive)

Thanks!

Gameking002

• STAFF SERGEANT
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1 on: 25-June-16, 08:19:46 »

Search on internet for program called yumi, it creates a bootable usb flash drive for many recovery purposes. A download for windows 7 password helper is somewhere in the bottom of the list, though i can not exactly recall its name.

axhafg146451

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 27-June-16, 08:53:14 »

Search on internet for program called yumi, it creates a bootable usb flash drive for many recovery purposes. A download for windows 7 password helper is somewhere in the bottom of the list, though i can not exactly recall its name.

The name is called Ophcrack, an open source project.

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #3 on: 27-June-16, 09:31:11 »

The name is called Ophcrack, an open source project.

He guys I dowloaded ophcracp live CD, I burned it onto a cd then tries rebooting my computer in CD mode and it just opens windows like it would boot regularly. Any help would be appreciated Thanks!

axhafg146451

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #4 on: 28-June-16, 10:22:15 »

You need to first set the first boot order to CD/DVD, then boot the locked computer. And use the program to reset password of target account.

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #5 on: 28-June-16, 10:28:08 »

You need to first set the first boot order to CD/DVD, then boot the locked computer. And use the program to reset password of target account.

I didn't think Ophcrack works for me, what other program that can  help reset windows password? Paid or Free software are OK for me!

axhafg146451

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #6 on: 28-June-16, 11:04:27 »

I didn't think Ophcrack works for me, what other program that can  help reset windows password? Paid or Free software are OK for me!

Here is a step by step tutorial on how to recover windows password with the help of password reset disk: http://www.iseepassword.com/how-to-reset-windows-7-password.html

Best to use a branded new USB to create reset disk.

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #7 on: 28-June-16, 11:22:56 »

Here is a step by step tutorial on how to recover windows password with the help of password reset disk: http://www.iseepassword.com/how-to-reset-windows-7-password.html

thanks, this is a not freeware, but I'd like to give it a try, hope it works.

HenryW

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
« Reply #8 on: 28-June-16, 15:10:15 »

I just tried this a few minutes ago and it worked to change password.

> Bypass Windows 7 Logon Password with Command Prompt <

Step 7:
Type net user iSunshare 12345 and hit Enter.

Where iSunshare is your user name and 12345 is your new password
« Last Edit: 28-June-16, 22:40:41 by HenryW »
Z77A-GD65/BIOS 10.5, i7 2700K
CPU cooler ~ Zalman CNPS9900ALED
Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600 4x4Gb
W 7 Home Premium x64/SP1
Corsair TX650W
300GB WD VelociRaptor 3000HLHX
600GB WD VelociRaptor 6000HLHX
Lite-On CD/DVD combo burner
MSI 560 HAWK, Drv. 368.82
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium

bskyvs66499

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #9 on: 13-September-17, 09:30:54 »

Here is a step by step tutorial on how to recover windows password with the help of password reset disk:

It doesn't seem to support my Windows to create a password reset disk with USB , any suggestions ?

bskyvs66499

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #10 on: 17-September-17, 03:13:18 »

It doesn't seem to support my Windows to create a password reset disk with USB , any suggestions ?   https://www.recoverywindowspassword.com/reset-windows-7-login-password-in-3-ways.html

Very fortunate , i have solved this problem , to recover the login password on my Windows 7 without using reset disk ,
It's incredible, but it's true

sfmcxr717506

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #11 on: 19-September-17, 09:05:57 »

Either you can create a new user account or you can reset your password using CMD in windows. So follow the steps

1. You need to insert your Windows 10 formatting DVD/CD to your PC or laptop. One thing you need to remember before inserting disc, Disable UEFI, and secure boot process.
2. Now open the command prompt from the start menu.
3. Now replace the utilman.exe with the cmd.exe, and then reinsert your CD disc to your system.
4. Now at the screen, you will go to the Windows 10 Sign-in, now at that page click on the Utility manager icon. You will get the icon at the bottom left.
5. If you have implemented each step carefully then your Command prompt will start
6. Now type the command to create a new user account and further add that account to the local group.
   Net user/add
   Net Local group administrators/add

Now get back to the Log-in page, now you will see the new user account which you have created. You can log in with your new account without any password.

besides, there also many other tools like ntpassword, ophcrack, tunesbro wingeeker tool.
http://www.chntpw.com/guide/

https://www.iseepassword.com/how-to-reset-windows-7-password.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up