Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: X370 XPower Gaming Titanium (7A31V1) Bios Discussion  (Read 16559 times)

dragonfist22

• CORPORAL
« Reply #200 on: 04-September-17, 21:58:28 »

I'm sorry you guys aren't having fun with the new bios.  I found having cool and quiet on when OCing the CPU resulted in a set clock speed of 2800.  Without it on, the OC was stable for a couple days but started showing instability after a few days.  Probably need to lower the OC or something. 

However, at stock CPU speeds, I've gotten the best results out of the memory thus far.  And THAT has been stable as can be.  And CPU OC is not my priority at this point.  If one could simply up the lower end of the turbo, I'd be very happy.  I've no real desire to keep all cores at 4.1GHZ all the time.  I'd like my CPU to last me a while.

mrdanielbang

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #201 on: 08-September-17, 06:47:46 »

Seems to me a simple  If-Then command would be easy enough to implement.  If Ryzen 1*00x, Then (Temp)-20c for the debug LED.  I mean, an electrical/software engineer I am not, but...

Apparently that is too hard for the MSI BIOS devs to work that out, so they are just displaying RAM clock instead (i think).
if (CPU.name.match(/X$/) {
   debugLED.offset = -20;
}

920619lqy

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #202 on: 08-September-17, 14:18:38 »

I think it is not RAM frequency or sth else.
Start up from turn off status it will shows 24
Sleep and wake up it, we can see 30
Do it one more time, we get 33

920619lqy

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #203 on: 13-September-17, 05:42:53 »

BIOS BETA1.93
CPU Core voltage can rush to 1.432V with 1700X (All auto and only OC memory).
It looks too high.

dragonfist22

• CORPORAL
« Reply #204 on: 13-September-17, 16:58:17 »

BIOS BETA1.93
CPU Core voltage can rush to 1.432V with 1700X (All auto and only OC memory).
It looks too high.

Yeah, 1.93 I lost all gains from 1.91.  Wouldn't even post with 3066 where 1.91 was stable.  I didn't test other features as the memory speed is what is important to me at the moment.

I rolled back to 1.91

920619lqy

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #205 on: 13-September-17, 21:22:04 »

Yeah, 1.93 I lost all gains from 1.91.  Wouldn't even post with 3066 where 1.91 was stable.  I didn't test other features as the memory speed is what is important to me at the moment.

I rolled back to 1.91
Well.. I upgrade from 1.83.1.93 can pass AIDA64 stress test on memory with XFR turned off. So It looks better for me.
When I use 1.83, stress test (on memory only) will shut up in 3 min because "hardware failure" if I turn off XFR to have lower voltage (up to 1.2V on core) and I have 1.416V max voltage with XFR on. So 1.93 gives me an option at least.
For memory frequency, I should say gskill 3200C14 is the only option for 1st gen ryzen... It is AMD's fault.

artur.aragao

• SERGEANT
« Reply #206 on: 26-September-17, 00:50:56 »

Dear,

My memory in the current configuration (1 kit 2x8GB F4-3200C14D-16GFX) works perfectly. I got another kit from the same memory. I tried to put in 3200MHz with the XMP profiles, but the system rebooted, it indicates the code F9 and it returns to restart in an endless cycle. Restore, disable XMP and configure manually. The same thing. I go back in the BIOS and set to 2933Mhz. It works, it boots, but it gets unstable by locking the system. And code F9 is indicated again. I need 32GB to work. I have already posted some posts and even contacted MSI support that is taking a long time to respond. I was forced to remove the other kit and only stay in the 16GB.

And I still have another problem. The boost is not working. The 2.2GHz clock range for my CPU's maximum does not work with the Ryzen Balanced power profile, but it works with Windows's own Balanced. As??? I see that whoever has the B350 this feature is working properly. Here it is constantly at 3.7GHz.

Hardware:
- 1un CPU AMD Ryzen 7 1800X
- 1un Corsair Hydro Series H115i
- 1un Mainboard MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM (MS-7A31) Bios 1.90
- 1kit G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Model F4-3200C14D-16GFX
- 1un VGA MSI RADEON RX480 GAMING X 8GB
- 1un Power Supply Corsair RM-1000 1000 watts
- 1un SSD SanDisk Plus SDSSDA-240G-G26 – 240GB
- 1un Seagate 2TB FireCuda 3.5-Inch SATA 6Gb/s 7200-RPM 64 Cache Gaming SSHD (Solid State Hybrid Drive) (ST2000DX002)
- 1un Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Performance Full Tower Case

artur.aragao

• SERGEANT
« Reply #207 on: 27-September-17, 05:47:02 »

Dear,

My memory in the current configuration (1 kit 2x8GB F4-3200C14D-16GFX) works perfectly. I got another kit from the same memory. I tried to put in 3200MHz with the XMP profiles, but the system rebooted, it indicates the code F9 and it returns to restart in an endless cycle. Restore, disable XMP and configure manually. The same thing. I go back in the BIOS and set to 2933Mhz. It works, it boots, but it gets unstable by locking the system. And code F9 is indicated again. I need 32GB to work. I have already posted some posts and even contacted MSI support that is taking a long time to respond. I was forced to remove the other kit and only stay in the 16GB.

And I still have another problem. The boost is not working. The 2.2GHz clock range for my CPU's maximum does not work with the Ryzen Balanced power profile, but it works with Windows's own Balanced. As??? I see that whoever has the B350 this feature is working properly. Here it is constantly at 3.7GHz.

I discovered bitterly that the problem was a bug in the BIOS of my mayoboard. Even resetting the BIOS does not solve. I disabled the ERP and re-enabled it. Then everything started working normally. Something happened with this bios and this was stuck version 1.6 to 1.9, because this feature never worked and the settings of the plans and BIOS have always been the same.

So I consider the clock variation problem solved, although you should check what happened here, as it is quite strange that a configuration has been locked since version 1.6.

I did some more tests with the memories (4x8GB) at 2400MHz which is the SPD clock of these memories. In the middle of the Windows boot it restarted. So I did not test anymore and only returned 2x8GB at 3200MHz.

I'm following the G.Skill forum, but I have not had any answers to my problem yet.
Hardware:
- 1un CPU AMD Ryzen 7 1800X
- 1un Corsair Hydro Series H115i
- 1un Mainboard MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM (MS-7A31) Bios 1.90
- 1kit G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Model F4-3200C14D-16GFX
- 1un VGA MSI RADEON RX480 GAMING X 8GB
- 1un Power Supply Corsair RM-1000 1000 watts
- 1un SSD SanDisk Plus SDSSDA-240G-G26 – 240GB
- 1un Seagate 2TB FireCuda 3.5-Inch SATA 6Gb/s 7200-RPM 64 Cache Gaming SSHD (Solid State Hybrid Drive) (ST2000DX002)
- 1un Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Performance Full Tower Case

xsauron

• SERGEANT
« Reply #208 on: 28-September-17, 23:18:00 »

Hi, a lot of people say, that they can run with 4 RAM moduls on 3200MHz and that new Ryzen, which were created after 25th week, are very good for overcloking.
Maybe a lot of our problems are with old Ryzen revision. You can try RMA process, because all old Ryzen have Linux bug and AMD does send new AMD CPU free.

Check forum https://community.amd.com/thread/215773?start=1680&tstart=0

And do RMA with your CPU

Article about AMD replacement: https://www.extremetech.com/computing/254750-amd-replaces-ryzen-cpus-users-affected-rare-linux-bug
Ryzen killscript for test and log you can use like reason for RMA : https://github.com/suaefar/ryzen-test
RMA form for start for RMA process: http://support.amd.com/en-us/contact/email-form
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Eight-Core Processor 
X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM (MS-7A31) 
GIGABYTE GeForce AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G
G Skill F4-3200C14-8GFX 2x8GB
Samsung SSD 960 PRO 512GB
WD Gold 1TB WD1005FBYZ
Be quiet! DARK POWER PRO 11 1000W
Be quiet! Silent Loop 280mm
NZXT S340

jaybe

• SERGEANT
« Reply #209 on: 04-October-17, 22:18:44 »

Coincidentally, I've had to RMA my 4th week 2017 1700X.  It's on its way to AMD as we speak, so we'll see how the replacement does.

I've been having some terrible instability when resuming from sleep and other oddities (like requiring 1.25v SoC to use 3200MHz mem).  This is with 1.94 beta and any other BIOS version.  I keep getting a Windows green screen and DPC_Watchdog_Timer faults that result in a hard crash, mem dump, and reboot; happens nearly everytime I resume from deep sleep.  Other times, I've come back to my PC, still powered via long idle, but it's hard locked.

Also had a defective H100iv2 cold plate that wasn't sitting flush with my CPU, which was a huge reason for my higher than normal temps.  Interestingly, I had greater instability with cooler temps on replacement H100iv2.

It happens sometimes.

imwechs

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #210 on: 09-October-17, 19:46:10 »

How is it I have downloaded and installed official bios 1.90 last week yet it is not listed in the the beta and official bios thread here for the Titanium X370??????

dragonfist22

• CORPORAL
« Reply #211 on: 09-October-17, 20:34:17 »

How is it I have downloaded and installed official bios 1.90 last week yet it is not listed in the the beta and official bios thread here for the Titanium X370??????

Because it is a (non msi staff member) moderator trying to keep up with numerous products by himself.

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #212 on: 09-October-17, 21:09:45 »

Because all I care about is the BETA's for here on the forums. I really don't care much about the released versions, and it's mainly on the page only for reference and that's it.

If it worries you that much, then don't look at the BETA page.

imwechs

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #213 on: 14-October-17, 04:38:17 »

Not at all. I was just wondering if there was problem with 1.90 since I am using it. All is cool.  I had rma'd my MSI X370 Titanium board in hope that my muliplier issue would resolve.. It did NOT. I had already  replaced my 1800X with AMD's approval and that did not help either. Memory has been replaced 3 times all were good and used air to blow out memory slots all to no avail. Removed all my sata ssd drives to no avail. The only item that has not been removed is my Samsung 960 EVO nvme drive. I am waiting for my Alphacool Eiswolf RX Vega full cover gpu cooler to arrive and I will have my install tech remove the 960 EVO and see if the issue is resolved then. I can't do it because the retaining screw for the m.2 drive slot is so tiny and non-metallic I would definitely lose it. I am a little more klutsy in my old age. If that does NOT locate the problem I am out of options. If the 960EVO nvme drive is causing the multiplier failure to boot issue I will be devastated. It has been so stable and super high performance in every other possible way. If you have any further ideas on this let me know. I have picked the minds of some very experienced  users on overclock.net and everybody is clueless after I did all the other steps.
  By the way the Vega 56 is dooing very well. I am undervolting it while ovrclocking it. Just ran the Ashes of the Singularity Escalation benchmark over the past 2 days and id some tweaking of the Vega card with AMD's wattman utility. My best result was an average of 69 FPS for 4k at high quality settings for a combo of normal, medium, and heavy loads. Puts me at number 32 out of over 300 bench results displayed. When the Alphacool AIO gpu block arrives I figure to improve the performance another 5 to 6 percent. Some guy actually had the highest score with 117 fps on a Vega 64, probably liquid cooled. He beat out several 1080 Ti results. I do not know how he did 117 fps average at 4k High quality either he knows some tricks no one else does or he hacked the results some how.

imwechs

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #214 on: 16-October-17, 22:36:31 »

Hi, a lot of people say, that they can run with 4 RAM moduls on 3200MHz and that new Ryzen, which were created after 25th week, are very good for overcloking.
Maybe a lot of our problems are with old Ryzen revision. You can try RMA process, because all old Ryzen have Linux bug and AMD does send new AMD CPU free.

Check forum https://community.amd.com/thread/215773?start=1680&tstart=0

And do RMA with your CPU

Article about AMD replacement: https://www.extremetech.com/computing/254750-amd-replaces-ryzen-cpus-users-affected-rare-linux-bug
Ryzen killscript for test and log you can use like reason for RMA : https://github.com/suaefar/ryzen-test
RMA form for start for RMA process: http://support.amd.com/en-us/contact/email-form

Well it is NOT a lot of people. It is a few people. It is mostly silicon lottery with better IMC than most Ryzen chips have. Settings can have some influence on this but I guarantee most people with 4 dimms are not running at 3200mhz on Ryzen boards in spite of the talk.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up