Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Receiving "failed to load hardware monitor driver"  (Read 154 times)

mwilson6468Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Receiving "failed to load hardware monitor driver"
« on: 13-September-17, 16:44:39 »

Hello
I have gone through the old posts about this issue, but when I wanted to join the topic I was warned to make a new one, so here I am.

In Feb 2017, I bought the msi 970 Gaming motherboard. I installed it when I built my PC and installed Win10 at that time. Everything was working fine, then about a month ago my mouse and keyboard started acting up. They were having delayed response issues no matter if it was a game or surfing the internet. I changed out the keyboard and mouse, no change. I changed the ports I used, no change. I decided to reload the drivers for the motherboard and I now receive "failed to load hardware monitor driver". In another thread someone said to download the drivers from the msi website. I have tried, calling it everything under the sun in the search bar and can't locate it. If someone will direct me to the driver I am happy to download and install it. If anyone has other suggestions, I am listening.
Thank you

msi 970 (MS-7693 v4.X) ATX motherboard
Geforce GTX 1050Ti
AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4.00GHz
32GB RAM
Win10 64bit
« Last Edit: 14-September-17, 00:42:55 by mwilson6468 »

plutomate

• MAJOR
« Reply #1 on: 14-September-17, 05:56:16 »

It has something to do with windows RS2, so the only way to install driver is to download the latest driver from website and install individually :) 
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/970-GAMING#down-bios

mwilson6468Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 15-September-17, 14:49:12 »

Thank you for this!

I downloaded it and extracted all. I see no option to install or execute anything. Am I just not understanding how this works?

plutomate

• MAJOR
« Reply #3 on: 18-September-17, 09:45:51 »

you need to go to the "driver" tab instead of BIOS, then you can find the driver there
and since this is a relative old board, it does not have driver specifically for win10, but you could try win7 driver to see if it works
Pages: [1]   Go Up