Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Having sound issues on Z270 Gaming M7 Motherboard. Please help  (Read 319 times)

skillzncharmTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

I have the most updated drivers for this motherboard I downloaded from MSI's website for Realtec HD sound.  I just bought this PC and put it together from the ground up. When I try and log on to Windows 10  I have my surround sound speakers set and no sound. I have to go to the realtec icon in my task bar double click on it. And put the connectors in the back of my computer starting with center/sub rear speakers and front. It works after I do that. And stays on until i reboot. Then the sound goes away. Any ideas on what to do to remedy this.  Anyone else experiencing this same issue? I have tried to uninstall and install the drivers again and that didn't work. I also tried to go into device manager and disable the drivers and enable them again and that didn't work either. I really need your guys help. 
 Here is my specs
I7 7700K
MSI 1080 Ti Gaming X
Z270 Gaming M7 motherboard
Corsair Platinum 32 GB of PC3000
Samsung 960 pro 512 gb
2 TB Western Digital
Corsair Vengence c70 case
850 gold EVGA Power Supply
Noctua NH D15S

rbleroy91

• FIRST LIEUTENANT
  • RBL_FR
« Reply #1 on: 05-August-17, 22:07:19 »

Hello,
Can you post a screenshot of the "Sound" applet (in the "Control Panel") at the "Playback Devices" tab (with all devices shown)?
Good luck,
:-)
RBL
MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium (Bios 1.54)  –  Windows 7-10 Pro x64  –  i7-6850K + BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 + Corsair Vengeance LPX Series DDR4 3466MHz 4x16Go + MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G + 2 SSD Samsung 850 PRO 512GB (SATA) & 960 PRO 2TB (NVMe) + 8 DD Seagate Barracuda 1 & 3TB SATAIII + LG BR R/W + BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 1000W 80PLUS Platinum +  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 06-August-17, 20:13:57 »

Here is what it shows in my sound control panel

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #3 on: 06-August-17, 20:24:55 »

The top part that has is all greyed out

rbleroy91

• FIRST LIEUTENANT
  • RBL_FR
« Reply #4 on: 06-August-17, 22:22:45 »

Ok, Realtek speaker is the default, not HDMI.
Let's see something else. :think:
This video show how to set the default output for Realtek: >>Realtek - Set Default Output<<
(Windows 7 and a previous version of Realtek application, but it is easy to follow)
Do that and retry.
Good luck,
RBL
MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium (Bios 1.54)  –  Windows 7-10 Pro x64  –  i7-6850K + BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 + Corsair Vengeance LPX Series DDR4 3466MHz 4x16Go + MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G + 2 SSD Samsung 850 PRO 512GB (SATA) & 960 PRO 2TB (NVMe) + 8 DD Seagate Barracuda 1 & 3TB SATAIII + LG BR R/W + BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 1000W 80PLUS Platinum +  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900

st.batuhan

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #5 on: 07-August-17, 11:12:28 »

Same happens on mine too. When i restart my pc that settings for front speakers goes out. I have to re-set it from manager. Center/Sub and rear is normal but front goes off.

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #6 on: 07-August-17, 15:17:52 »

Ok, Realtek speaker is the default, not HDMI.
Let's see something else. :think:
This video show how to set the default output for Realtek: >>Realtek - Set Default Output<<
(Windows 7 and a previous version of Realtek application, but it is easy to follow)
Do that and retry.
Good luck,
RBL

Thanks for the link I will try that when i get home from work today.  I did notice it is a video from 2011. Is it still the same steps as in this video?  If not do you have an updated video or this process?

matt.b.grosso

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #7 on: 12-August-17, 20:03:12 »

OP, I'm having the exact same issue. Have you figured this out yet? The Microsoft High definition audio drivers work better than realtek right now, but I was still having some mic issues. Discord worked perfectly but in game mic was not working. I've tried different versions of realtek and am getting the same result. I even installed the version that came on the disc. I wouldn't mind doing another clean install of Windows, but if that ends up being a waste of time then I would be pissed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up