- Jun 10, 2020
Introduction of Fingerprint Sensor
Biometric authentication now is frequently used to manage access control to protect personal data and speed up the login process. Though password system is still a standard in current access process, people always suffer from remembering complex password, then forget them again and again. In addition, password-based system may bring greater risk to users and the personal data becomes more vulnerable.
Fingerprint sensor is one of the methods that based on patterns of human finger which is unique among each person. It offers secure and faster login method through Windows Hello, and could even go through other online access system through FIDO2, and now is commonly applied in laptops.
The Benefit of Fingerprint Sensor in Laptops
1. Improved Security
Fingerprint is unique and nearly impossible to duplicate, providing more secure way to login your laptop.
2. Quick Access
Simply a touch with finger to save 3X time in typing password. It allows you to have faster access control and no longer have to remember complex password.
3. Web Authentication through FIDO2
Through Fingerprint, you could access web browsers without typing password like in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and their related web platform infrastructure such as Outlook, Skype, and Gmail. Now FIDO2 is supported in Windows 10 and Android platforms.
Set up Windows Hello Fingerprint
- 1. Go to【Windows Settings】and click【Accounts】
- 2. Go to【Sign-in options】and click【Windows Hello Fingerprint】
- *Please make sure you complete the Windows Hello PIN before setting Windows Hello Fingerprint.
- 3. The【Windows Hello setup】will pop up, then type your PIN code at【Windows Security】
- 4. Repeatedly lift and rest one of your finger on fingerprint sensor until the setup is complete.
- 5. If you would like to add another fingerprint, please click【Windows Hello fingerprint】and click【Add another】, then do it again from Step3. and Step4.
- Now the setting is done.