Fix for GTX970/980 Fans Randomly Turning On issue

flobelix

Well-known member
Global Moderator
Joined
Jan 25, 2007
Messages
39,544

Nichrome

Active member
Global Moderator
Joined
Nov 7, 2013
Messages
18,898
flobelix said:
Azrael36, this is not a vbios update thread but as the title says "Fix for GTX970/980 Fans Randomly Turning On issue". For a vbios request open an own topic: >>Please read and comply with the Forum Rules.<<

In your new thread note that someting like "84.04.28.00.F1 and 84.04.31.00.F1" is no real vbios version. Add S/N and actual current vbios file then: >>GOP / UEFI Vbios requests - Read Here First<<
drnik976 said:
What is the latest version ?

S/N:602-V316-04SB14090xxxxx
Thank you
:nono:
 

crawfish

New member
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Joined
Oct 2, 2014
Messages
7
Ok, I've been having this issue since I bought it back the 1st month this card was available and of one of the fans (non afterburner controlled) once it starts spinning,
it keeps on spinning even when the temp falls below 30C.

I already flashed it,
Has this issue been fix or is it just my card that is screwed up?
 

flobelix

Well-known member
Global Moderator
Joined
Jan 25, 2007
Messages
39,544
The problem that is supposed to be fixed  (GTX970/980 Gaming Fans Randomly Turning On issue) is fixed starting the initial vbios versions offered in this thread. As you did not list any details of your card I can't tell if there is a later one maybe helping in your config.
 

ch.pfennigs

New member
PRIVATE E-2
Joined
May 3, 2015
Messages
1
Hello everyone,

my serial number of my 980 is:

602-V317-100B1412***
Which version schould I take?


Thanks a lot! :)
 

crawfish

New member
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Joined
Oct 2, 2014
Messages
7
flobelix said:
The problem that is supposed to be fixed  (GTX970/980 Gaming Fans Randomly Turning On issue) is fixed starting the initial vbios versions offered in this thread. As you did not list any details of your card I can't tell if there is a later one maybe helping in your config.
Sorry,

s/n: 602-v316-03sb1409066093

I flashed it with
NV316MH_182





 

Svet

Well-known member
Administrator
Joined
Nov 20, 2003
Messages
76,044
.186 is the latest version https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=184740.msg1456331#msg1456331
 

flobelix

Well-known member
Global Moderator
Joined
Jan 25, 2007
Messages
39,544
ch.pfennigs said:
Hello everyone,

my serial number of my 980 is:

602-V317-100B1412***
Which version schould I take?


Thanks a lot! :)
NV317MH.114 --> https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=252901.msg1453742#msg1453742
 

crawfish

New member
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Joined
Oct 2, 2014
Messages
7
Ok,
s/n: 602-v316-03sb1409066093

I flashed it with
NV316MH_186

----
It seems to make it worse.
Now the fan that I can't control turns on even when I'm idle.
The fan that I can control is at 0.

 

looter222

New member
PRIVATE E-2
Joined
May 4, 2015
Messages
1
Hey everyone, so I have an MSI Z77A-GD65 (MS-7751) motherboard with an Asus STRIX GTX 970, and have been noticing the card kick into performance level 4 (3D Applications) while on my desktop or browsing the web, when it should be idling. The serial number on the box for the card is as follows (F1C0YZ415252). Which VBIOS should I download and proceed to flash my card with, if any? Any help is greatly appreciated!
 

Nichrome

Active member
Global Moderator
Joined
Nov 7, 2013
Messages
18,898
looter222 said:
Hey everyone, so I have an MSI Z77A-GD65 (MS-7751) motherboard with an Asus STRIX GTX 970, and have been noticing the card kick into performance level 4 (3D Applications) while on my desktop or browsing the web, when it should be idling. The serial number on the box for the card is as follows (F1C0YZ415252). Which VBIOS should I download and proceed to flash my card with, if any? Any help is greatly appreciated!
:think: Your graphics card is NOT MSI's product, so we are unable to help you with this. Ask Asus.
 

crawfish

New member
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Joined
Oct 2, 2014
Messages
7
Nichrome said:
@crawfish

You seem to have to RMA the card, best if through MSI so they send you working one: >>How to contact MSI.<<
Hello,
I started the RMA, but as soon as I filled it out and submitted it,
but as soon as I hit the submit button,
it automatically sent the next page as RMA has been approved?  that quickly?
it says and email will be sent to me,
but so far I have not seen it.  It has been days.

Is this normal?
Thanks

 

Svet

Well-known member
Administrator
Joined
Nov 20, 2003
Messages
76,044
maybe the email its in SPAM foldeR?
 

crawfish

New member
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Joined
Oct 2, 2014
Messages
7
Svet said:
maybe the email its in SPAM foldeR?
I checked the spam, it isn't there.
My other question is like, is it supposed to be like an auto-reply when I submitted
the RMA? 
Forgive me for asking.  I don't do RMA much at all.
Don't they have to review it first?
how can they just simply use an automated process to approve an RMA? 
Just wondering from a noob perspective.
 

Svet

Well-known member
Administrator
Joined
Nov 20, 2003
Messages
76,044
crawfish said:
I checked the spam, it isn't there.
My other question is like, is it supposed to be like an auto-reply when I submitted
the RMA? 
Forgive me for asking.  I don't do RMA much at all.
Don't they have to review it first?
how can they just simply use an automated process to approve an RMA? 
Just wondering from a noob perspective.
Not sure[me and moderators in a forum don't work for MSI]
You can call them to have a ask, for your USA region here: http://us.msi.com/about/contact-us
 

rubenportier

New member
PRIVATE E-2
Joined
Jun 7, 2015
Messages
1
Hello

Since a couple of weeks I am now experiencing this issues too. I have a GTX 970 4G with S/N: 602-V316-010B1412127675. As I understand, I need to use the bios with the 010 number. But that driver seems older then the one I've currently installed. Live Update 6 tells me that I have VBIOS NV316MH.184. The one I should download according to the first post is .182.

So, how can I fix my issue now? Both fans start spinning randomly without any high temps. They just start spinning and then stop after 1 - 2 seconds.

EDIT: I'm very sorry to say, but after some more research, I've noticed that it's not my graphics fans that start spinning, it actually is my H100i. I do not have installed any drivers for it, because Corsair Link sucks and does not work at all on Windows 8.1.
 

hideki_nagunama

New member
CORPORAL
Joined
Jul 15, 2015
Messages
14
Hi,

I've just got the 970 Gaming from MSI. I want to be sure that I have a finr workingGPU and no bugged one. Live Updater tells me I have the version MH-V316 NV316MH.186.

Is this okay?
 
Top