HijackThis, a general homepage hijackers detector and remover. Initially based on the article Hijacked!, but expanded with almost a dozen other checks against hijacker tricks.
- Added freaking 50 new Registry value to scan for IE!
- Added status text during scan.
- Added a ton of new files to the LSP whitelist (missing imon.dll
shouldn't show anymore as well).
- Support for non-US character sets (Japanese, Traditional/Simplified
Chinese and Korean)!
- Fixed a bug where R3 entries ending in '}_' weren't fixed.
- Backups are now placed in a seperate folder labelled 'backups'.
- Improved detection of O4 Registry autoruns, RunServicesOnce key is now
- Fixed a possible catastrophic bug in fixing of F2 Userinit entries
(incorrect backup restore).
- Added small process manager and hosts file editor (Misc Tools).
- Disabled routine to fix O10 items, since this can break the Winsock LSP