[Solved] Network problems with MSI GX60 Destroyer, killer newtork LAN and wireless

Fenzo

New member
SERGEANT
Joined
May 24, 2014
Messages
25
Hi, I bought a MSI GX60 Destroyer 2 weeks ago, and I realized that my internet was a little slow, you don't realize in the web but when downloading it doesn't perform how it should, I tested the speed now with wireless and I got 5 mb/s, and I have 20 mb/s in my house (I also tested with cellphones and other pc's), with LAN the speed was normal, so I saw some forums about the Killer network, I tried to change the drivers but nothing, the wireless is limited to 5 mb/s and now my LAN too.... please help, my phone has 4x better internet than my GAMING Laptop.

Also the Atheros drivers are a pain in the ass it's really hard to remove them.
I'm now with the drivers without the Management app.
 

BlueAlexFPS

New member
MAJOR
Joined
Apr 3, 2013
Messages
1,110
I think you should remove all the Killer LAN driver and re-install the clean new driver again.
 

Fenzo

New member
SERGEANT
Joined
May 24, 2014
Messages
25
No, the first time that the killer software detected my connection it was 20mb/s, and then dropped to 5mb/s, today I formatted the pc and installed the driver that MSI provides, all the same, first reading 20mb/s and let's say after 10 minutes the speed drops down to 5mb/s.
So the lan was always limited to 5mb/s not just after I changed the drivers, I just realized now that I re-installed all.
Now the speed test throw me 10mb/s, and it's not like a fluctuation between 5 to 20 mb, it's constant 10mb/s so it's like you can tell that it's limited by software.
 

hchg

Active member
LIEUTENANT COLONEL
Joined
May 27, 2014
Messages
1,600
What do you use to check the LAN speed and the Wifi speed?
Is the 10mb/s the LAN speed or Wifi speed?
Does both of their speed drop? (LAN/WLAN)
 

piticu21

New member
PRIVATE E-2
Joined
May 26, 2014
Messages
1
I had the same problem.i uninstalled amd quick stream and everything is back to normal

- - - Updated - - -

please send me a feedback if that was the problem
 

Fenzo

New member
SERGEANT
Joined
May 24, 2014
Messages
25
piticu21;103369 said:
I had the same problem.i uninstalled amd quick stream and everything is back to normal

- - - Updated - - -

please send me a feedback if that was the problem

IT WORKED, THANK YOU SO MUCH, now I have downloading speeds of 25mb/s hahaha, amazing, so amd quick stream is the problem!

thanks for the help to all the users
 

Tzin

New member
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Joined
Aug 3, 2014
Messages
7
Hi guys , I have the same problem with gx70 , how do I uninstall the and quick stream , can't found under program and features , thanks
 

hchg

Active member
LIEUTENANT COLONEL
Joined
May 27, 2014
Messages
1,600
Tzin;109802 said:
Hi guys , I have the same problem with gx70 , how do I uninstall the and quick stream , can't found under program and features , thanks
Hi Tzin,
Which graphics driver are you using?
The quick stream is installed on the notebook with the generic graphics driver from the AMD website.
If you install the AMD's generic graphics driver, you'll find the quick stream program in your Uninstall programs window.(Control Panel> Uninstall a program)
 

Tzin

New member
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Joined
Aug 3, 2014
Messages
7
hch;109858 said:
Hi Tzin,
Which graphics driver are you using?
The quick stream is installed on the notebook with the generic graphics driver from the AMD website.
If you install the AMD's generic graphics driver, you'll find the quick stream program in your Uninstall programs window.(Control Panel> Uninstall a program)
Hi hch , i only can find the "amd cystal manager " under the unintall a program , so when i click into in then only saw the device but dont see the quick stream .
 

hchg

Active member
LIEUTENANT COLONEL
Joined
May 27, 2014
Messages
1,600
Tzin;109881 said:
Hi hch , i only can find the "amd cystal manager " under the unintall a program , so when i click into in then only saw the device but dont see the quick stream .
You can only find the quick stream, when you install the graphics driver from AMD's website.
 

BlazChile

New member
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Joined
Aug 7, 2014
Messages
6
THANKS YOU SO MUCH!!! SAME PROBLEM, I UNINSTALL "amd quick stream" AND DONE!!!

I HAVE GX 70 DESTROYER.
 

LeJohnZ

New member
PRIVATE E-2
Joined
Apr 30, 2014
Messages
4
Oh dude , You're awesome !!!! my internet speed is 200mbps and my download speed was like 600 kbps ... So I plugged in my other laptop and it hit 11 mbps on the same cable . deleted the stupid amd quick stream and now they are equally fast . Thanks so much :D
 
Top