Z68A-GD80(G3) Beta BIOS Versions For Ivy CPU's (Review)

HU16E

New member
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
Joined
Jul 9, 2008
Messages
11,111
Since the release of the original vJ0 Ivy UEFI/BIOS update package, are there any Beta's currently available? Also, if there are any, do they flash both chips as the vJ0 update did or just the primary chip?
 

HU16E

New member
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
Joined
Jul 9, 2008
Messages
11,111
This Ivy support Beta turned my Z68 and Sandy CPU into a lean mean OC'ing machine on 'Auto' CPU V., VDroop Offset set to 'Low' with all of the power saving features fully operational! Wow!!!!! :shocked_anim:

   
   
 

Svet

Well-known member
Administrator
Joined
Nov 20, 2003
Messages
75,922
very well  :emot-tip-wink:

there also more changes, since i noted that J.10 is not released officially, but latest one is J.00
 

Bernhard

Active member
GENERAL
Joined
Mar 17, 2009
Messages
6,248
Looks like the latest beta BIOS has similar results to what the last beta BIOS releases had on the P45 Platinum. Awesome.  :biggthumbsup:
 

HU16E

New member
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
Joined
Jul 9, 2008
Messages
11,111
I was about to give up after I had reverted back to Sandy and ME7 again (reference link), but wasn't really all that happy with the v18.7 results. v18.8 or any of the Sandy Beta's were not performing as well as I thoughht they should. Gave this v19.2B1 Ivy Beta a chance. Glad I did!

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=162713.0

As a side note, when using the forum flasher and mode 1, it would not accept the file. I had to unpack it and use mode 2. One thing that was missing doing it this way was probably the file that said VALCHECK wasn't included on the USB stick? Was it necessary it should have been? Putting it on the prepped USB stick and reflashing required? As the original vJ0 did, does this Beta also update the secondary chip?
 

Svet

Well-known member
Administrator
Joined
Nov 20, 2003
Messages
75,922
As a side note, when using the forum flasher and mode 1, it would not accept the file.
what file?
 

Broken Hope

New member
CORPORAL
Joined
Sep 24, 2011
Messages
13
Froggy Gremlin said:
I was about to give up after I had reverted back to Sandy and ME7 again (reference link), but wasn't really all that happy with the v18.7 results. v18.8 or any of the Sandy Beta's were not performing as well as I thoughht they should. Gave this v19.2B1 Ivy Beta a chance. Glad I did!

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=162713.0

As a side note, when using the forum flasher and mode 1, it would not accept the file. I had to unpack it and use mode 2. One thing that was missing doing it this way was probably the file that said VALCHECK wasn't included on the USB stick? Was it necessary it should have been? Putting it on the prepped USB stick and reflashing required? As the original vJ0 did, does this Beta also update the secondary chip?
Forum flasher defaults to looking for zip files, if you pick rar from the drop down it should accept the file just fine, if you don't use method 1 you won't get the ME flashed.
 

Svet

Well-known member
Administrator
Joined
Nov 20, 2003
Messages
75,922
yes i guess, but which one? :)
 

Svet

Well-known member
Administrator
Joined
Nov 20, 2003
Messages
75,922
the same hosted in this topic or?
 

HU16E

New member
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
Joined
Jul 9, 2008
Messages
11,111
Svet said:
the same hosted in this topic or?
Yes.
Actually, if ME8 didn't get flashed, that might be a bonus since I am using a Sandy CPU. :lol_anim:
 

Svet

Well-known member
Administrator
Joined
Nov 20, 2003
Messages
75,922
double check that you pointed to the right archive file and not something else
 

HU16E

New member
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
Joined
Jul 9, 2008
Messages
11,111
Svet said:
double check that you pointed to the right archive file and not something else


The forum tool would not accept the unpacked .rar.
 

Svet

Well-known member
Administrator
Joined
Nov 20, 2003
Messages
75,922
no i mean when you point to mode1,
make sure that you gonna select the right archive file
 

HU16E

New member
GENERAL OF THE ARMY
Joined
Jul 9, 2008
Messages
11,111
Svet said:
no i mean when you point to mode1,
make sure that you gonna select the right archive file
Yes, originally I did that and it wouldn't accept it.
 
You must log in or register to reply.
Top